Default Chet Christner is awesome!

Chet is a really good talent and probably under paid. I heard he is not coming back to USAC this year. It sure would be great to have him on the Late Model side!

He is one of the best, very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    I heard he is not coming back to USAC this year.
    Correct. Too much travel.

Chet certainly has an entertaining style calling races. He has what many fans called "Chetisms", quick one liners during the races. He'd become a fan favorite with USAC fans. Being the full time USAC announcer has to be a grinding lifestyle, especially announcing all three divisions. As lurker says, the travel would certainly wear an average person out.

I did see this posted about Chet:

Yes, Chet Christner is employed by FloRacing as a Nomadic Motorsports Announcer and Content Creator 1. He has also served as the play-by-play voice for all 99 USAC National events throughout the 2022 season on FloRacing 2. In addition, he was a part of the Speed Shift TV team before joining FloSports 3.

Hopefully we'll see more of him on FLO broadcasts.

I think I heard or read somewhere that he is going to be doing the High Limit series. In my mind, he is one of the very best, if not the best, announcers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I think I heard or read somewhere that he is going to be doing the High Limit series. In my mind, he is one of the very best, if not the best, announcers out there.
    He isn’t the full time high limit announcer, that’s chase raudman. He was a pit reporter for the outlaw sprint cars

Totally agree. I was going to post similar last week during the Tulsa Shootout but didn't find the time. Easy on the ears, highly educated on the sport, and the perfect amount of humor (doesn't overdo it). Like to see him get a late model gig.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Totally agree. I was going to post similar last week during the Tulsa Shootout but didn't find the time. Easy on the ears, highly educated on the sport, and the perfect amount of humor (doesn't overdo it). Like to see him get a late model gig.
    Bingo! Very educated and funny when he needs to be..and he does not always have to get the last word in, talk about things totally off subject, or talk about who's texting him during a race .

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Bingo! Very educated and funny when he needs to be..and he does not always have to get the last word in, talk about things totally off subject, or talk about who's texting him during a race .
    Or needlessly defend himself from people online and the stuff they post, or use the "lets see you do better" when talking about events. The FLO guys are insufferable with that stuff. How often do you hear NASCAR commentators bad mouth their own fans?