Thumbs down RIP Clarksville Speedway.

RIP Clarksville Speedway.

CLARKSVILLE SPEEDWAY PURCHASED BY CITY
    Channel 17 this morning is saying that the City of Clarksville is going to purchase Clarksville Speedway for a reported seven million dollars.
    City leaders in Clarksville say they are buying the site of the speedway to transform it into a "world-class" recreational complex. The City Council says funds for the purchase are "already budgeted and on hand."
    The deal would also facilitate the completion of Needmore Road widening work as well as other infrastructure improvements, authorities said.
    The track has approximately 2 years left to be a race track
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I've been there once. That's gonna be quite a loss for a lot of race fans.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Hate to hear that. I've only ran there once, and that was quite a few years ago, but the atmosphere was awesome. I've wanted to get back, but it's a 7 hour trek for me. And with the car counts as they often are, I couldn't justify driving that far only to qualify and run a 12 lap feature. Having said that, I am looking to make it down one more time. I've wanted to go for the Toilet Bowl race, now I just have to decide which one...

Not surprised at all by this ... especially with the big subdivision of new homes just across the road from it.

Track owner released a statement that nothing has been signed and its business as usual for now. He said there would be racing for 2 years afterwards if the City buys it.

Going to gobble up a dragstrip too.

Place sucks anyway. Rubber city

They better stop the rubber city and dust or the people living close will get into an uproar....

I remember going to a big race at Campellsville Ky. Taylor County Speedway, one time. It got rained out that night and they had to race Sunday afternoon. It got dusty to say the least and just a little ways up the road was a Chevrolet dealership. When the race was over we drove by the new car lot, and every car was brown. And I mean you could not even tell what color many of the cars were supposed to be.

After that they were literally forced to sell and close the race track. Not right away but within a couple years.

It was Green River Ford… and it was literally RIGHT beside the track. It’s a shame the place is gone now, I grew up at that track and actually lived on the fairgrounds as a kid. I Miss that place!

Ford? My mistake. Yes Taylor County was a neat place. I thought those grandstands were one of a kind for sure!

I always thought that track had great potential. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    I always thought that track had great potential. R.I.P.
    Didn't one year Babb and Erb Jr put on a good show. I think it might have been a summer nationals race or the toilet Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Didn't one year Babb and Erb Jr put on a good show. I think it might have been a summer nationals race or the toilet Bowl
    Ive only been there once...it was 150 degrees and no shade....drank too many beers to remember who won lol

Between Erb Jr and Shirley, they could field a rest stop on I55 with their collection of toilet bowls. I think they have a half dozen.
    8/13/16

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Between Erb Jr and Shirley, they could field a rest stop on I55 with their collection of toilet bowls. I think they have a half dozen.
    That would be a good thing to do for these sleezy, piggy, low life truckers that pee in a plastic milk or soda bottle and just throw them along the curb or a parking lot when they have filled them on up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    That would be a good thing to do for these sleezy, piggy, low life truckers that pee in a plastic milk or soda bottle and just throw them along the curb or a parking lot when they have filled them on up ?
    you must have been assigned garbage pickup as part of your public service hours during sentencing...
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Sometimes if no truckers are looking, they sneak those pee bottles into the restrooms and pour them into the urinals!!!

Just making that up. lol

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    you must have been assigned garbage pickup as part of your public service hours during sentencing...
    ^ ^ ^ Oh look : Black ford / Sliding Sideways is back like a bad nightmare ! ^ ^ ^