Default Jimmy Owens Book

I’ve NEVER been a reader, but after finishing Dave Argabright’s book with Earl Baltes, I moved onto Jimmy Owens book. I am about 3/4 way thru it and it’s a great read. He gets into everything, including switching from the Team Zero cars, 2 failed tire tests (including Eldora), and switching teams. The Earl book was good too, but I’ve enjoyed this one more.

https://daveargabright.com/the-newport-nightmare/

I’m not much of a reader myself but I have been wanting to check out some of Dave’s books as well

Earl’s book “lost me” at times because he goes into more of his personal life on top of promoting. Jimmy has kept it pretty much strictly racing related so I’ve enjoyed it more. Still suggest reading both books. I haven’t finished a book since high school and I’m 46 so that should tell you about how well the books are done.

I bought the book. It ws a great read.

Thumbs up

I may order on up the book about " The Dayton Flyer " Larry Moore. Watched him many a time, He truley was one of the great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I may order on up the book about " The Dayton Flyer " Larry Moore. Watched him many a time, He truley was one of the great ones.
    Larry Moore once came in as a relief driver on the blacktop track at Salem Indiana. It was extremely demanding on drivers to run this 500 lap race on the extreme highbanks of Salem. Anyway he got in a car for a driver that overheated and went on to actually win that 500.

He was one of the best on blacktop too.

I think it was Dave Dayton that he replaced. I've not been able to locate this event on the internet so far.

Stock car racing history at Salem has not been preserved, it doesn't appear.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 01-04-2024 at 02:58 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!