Thread: WWS nite #2

Default WWS nite #2

another good race...was hoping it would stay green...thought for sure marlar would have gapped bobby on that restart...cant wait for wednesday

Been looking forward to this race. Hopefully I will be able to be there in person Saturday!

Yep, that was a good one that might have been a different finish except for the caution with a few to go. Debated about going down for it this year but last night's wind and a crowd of Eskimos made me glad for Flo. Don't much care for bone chilling cold anymore although at my age when my teeth chatter I just take them out and put 'em in a warm pocket.

Hard to believe it gets that cold just a hop from the Mexican border. Ben and Justin looked cold even in the booth.
    8/13/16

that dust and wind were something else too

Looks like Pierce is starting right where he left off. It will be tougher competition come Florida. Had a rough start last year and had to play catch up.

Good racing in all classes, looks like a nice facility.

The deserts of California, Nevada, Arizona and Nevada fool a lot of folks from the midwest and southern states in the winter. Many of them think it's all nice and sunny because there's racing, major league baseball training camps etc. It might be nice in the day time but when the sun starts to fall in the Pacific Ocean the temps drop like a rock, often 30 to forty degrees. I've done enough racing in those states, except for N.M., to know to bring the wool stuff when we go. Florida's temps changes are nothing compared to the desert. Even the northern boys like Jimmy Mars looked a little chilled.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    Looks like Pierce is starting right where he left off. It will be tougher competition come Florida. Had a rough start last year and had to play catch up.
    The SMOOTH OPERATOR was SMOOTH as glass last night ! !

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    The deserts of California, Nevada, Arizona and Nevada fool a lot of folks from the midwest and southern states in the winter. Many of them think it's all nice and sunny because there's racing, major league baseball training camps etc. It might be nice in the day time but when the sun starts to fall in the Pacific Ocean the temps drop like a rock, often 30 to forty degrees. I've done enough racing in those states, except for N.M., to know to bring the wool stuff when we go. Florida's temps changes are nothing compared to the desert. Even the northern boys like Jimmy Mars looked a little chilled.
    Got a good friend that enlisted in the US Army right out of high school in 1991 and got sent to Death Valley for part of the training and he swore that the high would be close to 100 degrees in the day and then drop into the 30’s and 40’s at night.

Yeah, that's Death Valley in the spring or fall...brutal. There was a desert 1/4 mile track over there that ran in the late fall/early winter until about 10 years ago. Never ran there but attended one time with a buddy.

I was a building contractor with a reputation for tackling challenging projects and, some 25 years ago, the owner of a motel/restaurant over there got my number and called about remodeling the place. I'm something like 250 miles from there and Las Vegas is, like, 100 miles and he couldn't find anyone over there for the job. The kicker was it had to be done in the summer, non-tourist season, when it's regularly in the 115-120 degree range. Told my guys about it and no one was enthusiastic about it, to say the least. Let my crew stew about it for a few weeks before I told them I turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Yep, that was a good one that might have been a different finish except for the caution with a few to go. Debated about going down for it this year but last night's wind and a crowd of Eskimos made me glad for Flo. Don't much care for bone chilling cold anymore although at my age when my teeth chatter I just take them out and put 'em in a warm pocket.
    Hahahahahahahaha......post of the week!!!!!!

Vado's elevation is near 4,000 ft. Makes for cold nights.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!