Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Larson BACK @Chili Bowl!!

Just announced he will be there Thursday. I'm wondering if the weather in NM Thursday is why.

Edit- Not because of weather (they're off Thursday) but I guess he got permission to miss Saturday if he qualifies.

Edit2- Looks like he will attempt both in the same day!
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 01-09-2024 at 04:18 PM.

Looks like Keith gave him a last minute ride.
    8/13/16

Vado is not racing on Thursday.

if he locks into the A main for saturday he is going to race both. run in vado then fly to tulsa to run the chili bowl

"So, I've been going to the Chili Bowl for 15 years, it's a great event and I love it," Larson told Racing America on Wednesday. "I've spent half of my life going there. But now that I've started racing in these other big events, against big names, and they just feel like a bigger deal to me than the Chili Bowl."

This is coming from a racer who shed visible tears when winning his first Golden Driller in 2020.

"It's nothing personal against the Hahns," Larson said. "I just don't see the race as one of the biggest ones like I used to because it hasn't grown like other big races have. I want to see it grow for the betterment of the teams who have put so much into making it a really special week

"I'm just at the point where I want to see the purse grow a lot. So, for the time being, and unless that happens, I won't be running it this year and I know there are a lot of racers that feel the same way."

Let me say I am a huge Kyle Larson Fan. If he is racing, I am watching, it doesn't matter whether it is NASCAR, a 410, a Dirt Late Model or a midget. He is the greatet race car driver in my lifetime. When he drops out of a Cup race, my TV goes off. He has done more to peak interest in dirt racing than any other driver in a long time.......

Now I could be wrong, but something tells me FLO is throwing $$$ money behind this Tulsa deal to gain viewership, i.e. maybe paying for Kyle's flights, maybe paying KKM his midget rental fee, or paying KL directly as part of his sponsorship deal with FLO Racing. Without, Kyle, Rico and Bell racing the last few years, the event needed a boast. I guarantee there will be many eyes flipping back and forth between Vado and Tulsa if KL gets locked in for Saturday's A main tonight, myself included.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 01-11-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Let me say I am a huge Kyle Larson Fan. If he is racing, I am watching, it doesn't matter whether it is NASCAR, a 410, a Dirt Late Model or a midget. He is the greatet race car driver in my lifetime. When he drops out of a Cup race, my TV goes off. He has done more to peak interest in dirt racing than any other driver in a long time.......

Now I could be wrong, but something tells me FLO is throwing $$$ money behind this Tulsa deal to gain viewership, i.e. mayhbe paying for Kyle's flights, maybe paying KKM his midget rental fee, or paying KL directly as part of his sponsorship deal with FLO Racing. Without, Kyle, Rico and Bell racing the last few years, the event needed a boast. I guarantee there will be many eyes flipping back and forth between Vado and Tulsa if KL gets locked in for Saturday's A main on Thursday, myself included.
    Big fan too ever since he was on Dave Despain's show on Speed after he won the 4 Crown Nats way back in the day. With that said I dont care who you are, people are gonna call a spade a spade. Is he an awesome racer? Yes. Are there are other racers out there? Yes. Are there other racers out there that deserve the amount of publicity this guys gets? Heck Yes.

Flo needs to spread their money to other teams and not guys like Larson who has enough money to fly between Vado and Tulsa on a private jet for 10k to win. (think about what it costs to do that).

Get out there and tell some stories about other racers and not every other video about Kyle Larson. As much as I like the guy it does get to be too much.

You should keep the TV on when Kyle drops out, there are other guys out there you may actually become to like and follow.

"You should keep the TV on when Kyle drops out, there are other guys out there you may actually become to like and follow."

Not really a fan of NASCAR like back in the day. He is the ONLY reason I even watch. I would much rather watch (on FLO or Dirtvision) a sprint car or DLM race. That being said, TV doesn't do dirt racing justice, like being at a race in person. I do have other favorite drivers, both local and national, but Yung Money is special and has helped in bringing the sport we all love to the forefront again.

Corey Day > Kyle Larson

....at the same age.

Could be right about FLO. I thought Kyle was done with chili bowl (tumble buggy bowl)

No he just would like to see it pay better. I'm pretty sure that's why you're not going to see him leave Nascar for a few more years. He wants to go back to racing on dirt but, he can make 2 or 3 time more in Nascar.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post

Now I could be wrong, but something tells me FLO is throwing $$$ money behind this Tulsa deal to gain viewership, i.e. maybe paying for Kyle's flights, maybe paying KKM his midget rental fee, or paying KL directly as part of his sponsorship deal with FLO Racing. Without, Kyle, Rico and Bell racing the last few years, the event needed a boast. I guarantee there will be many eyes flipping back and forth between Vado and Tulsa if KL gets locked in for Saturday's A main tonight, myself included.
    I agree with all of this. That said I don't think any one driver is bigger than the sport. Whether Kyle is in Tulsa or not, I'm watching the Chilli Bowl over Vado. The talent in that building is second to none for open wheel. So many young guns and seasoned veterans. The racing is off the hook. Larson will be fast and make it exciting but I wouldn't bet on him winning.
    8/13/16

Maybe Kyle using his well credentialed soap box trying to bring better money to a race/class/sport he loves? Don’t think the purse money has any effect on his income taxes.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Kyle is over rated. He is fun to watch. He made a big deal out of not racing the chili bowl. He did. Now all the sudden why the change ?

You guys are gullible he wasnt going last year for whatever reason, so he complained about the pay out and then announced high limit exactly a week later.

Its not rocket science, he played all the media.

There would be the same number of cars if it paid a watermelon to win, it might even have more because maybe the rent a rides in one off purpose built cars, would go down and more guys would think they had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    You guys are gullible he wasnt going last year for whatever reason, so he complained about the pay out and then announced high limit exactly a week later.

Its not rocket science, he played all the media.

There would be the same number of cars if it paid a watermelon to win, it might even have more because maybe the rent a rides in one off purpose built cars, would go down and more guys would think they had a chance.
    Regardless of his reasons, he skipped a year and they then doubled the winner's share. Also paying more throughout the field. It worked!

Post 14: Flyboy

Over rated 😀😀😀😀!

^Flyboy or Larson?
    8/13/16

Definitely Flyboy!!

Bobby Pierce dispatched Larson very easily this week