Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye SRX

Default Bye Bye SRX

Who didn't see that coming?

I thought Paul Tracy was pretty entertaining.
    8/13/16

I didn't see it coming. It's too bad, while the cars were as vanilla as you could get the racing was decent at times (at least worth tuning in for). And the stands looked packed wherever they went. Stewart's commitments probably got even broader with his driving the TF car in NHRA this year.

I saw this coming. Racing was too contrived. The cars were not reliable. Winners too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I didn't see it coming. It's too bad, while the cars were as vanilla as you could get the racing was decent at times (at least worth tuning in for). And the stands looked packed wherever they went. Stewart's commitments probably got even broader with his driving the TF car in NHRA this year.
    I would watch the SRX races when they were on. I'd bet he couldn't find someone to run it while he went and played with nitro. It was cool while it lasted imo.

I didn’t see it coming but I’m not the least bit surprised. I didn’t think the Dome race would be of interest to people though….and look at it now.

DLM racing is at a point now that LODLMS and WOO need to merge and just have full blown major league racing. Main stream…TV and all. It’s never going to come back to mom n pop garage warriors being able to afford it. The horse is out of the barn.

Ride height,

That would be nice, so the regional/local classes could untether from their nonsense rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Never really did live up to its hype.

Now they want to rebirth IROC... I'll take a pass on that. Never really did get into IROC. The only thing that ever interested me about IROC was that Dave Marcis, Jim Sauter and D!ck Trickle did all the car setups to make sure they were as equal as they could get them.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

the SRX cars were junk, should have run imca/usra stock cars
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Funny how they dump this series then turn around and pick up the old IROC series.🤔🤔
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I realize that my SRX experience was unique compared to most board posters...so I am a bit biased lol.

Levi Jones and I were tasked with scoring, race directing, juggling CBS (with Jared Frood) for the first iteration of SRX.

I can tell you I'll never forget when a sold out crowd at Stafford stood up at 630 when the cars gridded for an 8pm green flag.

Slinger ran out of beer. Which is commendable for Wisconsinites lol. I'll never forget calling out the many lead changes.

It was great to see that many people at IRP again for that round.

The silver crown race at Eldora showed a lot of those folks what we were all about and raised some eyebrows.

Levi and I spent a lot of time going through how to make the competition cautions work and not take away from the racing. It was a bit of theatre up until that last yellow...and then it was on.

Make no mistake about it...the drivers were phenomenal to work with and professionalism and the competiton level is something that's hard to duplicate.

I think the deal has a place...but they tore up a lot of stuff last year. The cars still cost money. Six weeks in a row is a monumental fete, whereas IROC was four times a year and almost never back to back.

Whether you liked the gimmicks or not, the tracks were generally standing room only.

It was a lot of fun and we made a lot of people smile. I hope that it is able to continue one day. It served as a showcase for short track racing on a national stage

JakeCroxton
    https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=124944

I liked the IROC series back in the day. I thought they put on some good racing and if I'm not mistaken Bobby Unser did some of the announcing.

They stole Robby Gordon’s idea but they could not pull it off the way RobbyDoes. His Super trucks series is exciting and his trucks are bullet proof. His trucks need very little work or effort to maintain over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I liked the IROC series back in the day. I thought they put on some good racing and if I'm not mistaken Bobby Unser did some of the announcing.
    Me too kid…..couldn’t wait to catch it on tv.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

No surprise. The SRX deal was a joke in my opinion. To me it felt like a big gimmick, and I never thought the racing was all that great. It was cool to see different drivers mix it up. I think the cars could have been better developed and they looked ugly.

I did see where Ray Evernham and a partner bought the IROC series and plan to revive it this year.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 01-13-2024 at 11:02 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

They stole Robby Gordon’s idea but they could not pull it off the way RobbyDoes. His Super trucks series is exciting and his trucks are bullet proof. His trucks need very little work or effort to maintain over the season.
    Rajflyboy, One of my best friends has direct connection to both series --- that said, Robby’s trucks are far from bullet proof and require lots of maintenance during the week and throughout the season.

I only watched clips of Tony Stewarts series racing at Tony Stewarts track and Tony Stewart winning. The whole series seemed like an ego trip for the guy.

Ray started Srx, got paid cashed the check... onto the next project for him Iroc.

I’m sure they need worked on but they seem to hold up well. Does your friend like the super trucks? Pretty competitive racing.

Does anyone remember that rather short lived thing called the "Fast Masters"? I recall they had an infield type road course at IRP for them. Older drivers from different disciplines driving some Jaguar mid engine sports cars. It was supposed to be IROC-ish.

One of the things that really had to hurt the bottom line for SRX was the wrecks. They tore up a bunch of those cars and that was all out of the series budget and not the drivers - who had no care in the world for taking care of that equipment.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.