Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    How big are we talking?
    There's some 500 inch engines out there now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

[QUOTE=84wedge;2477382]How big are we talking?[/QUOT] peirce has a 480 maybe bigger now

VH has been building the 480 for a few years. Mainly used at Eldora and other top speed tracks. Pierce had a 500+c.i. last season. Can't remember the exact displacement but my mind thinks 517 ir 522 for some reason.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

I don’t think Jimmy was happy with his motors the weekend at Eldora when he blew three of them a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    VH has been building the 480 for a few years. Mainly used at Eldora and other top speed tracks. Pierce had a 500+c.i. last season. Can't remember the exact displacement but my mind thinks 517 ir 522 for some reason.
    I was at Vics shop in 2014. He had a 480 engine in his personal car then.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Everyone has big engines now but peirce is running some of the biggest I've heard of and it's by alot so if theirs any amount of brown or clean racetrack he's gonna be tough to beat
    If the other drivers thought he was beating them with cubic inches, there would be a line out the door at Vic Hills place. That's how this monkey see, monkey do sport works.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    If the other drivers thought he was beating them with cubic inches, there would be a line out the door at Vic Hills place. That's how this monkey see, monkey do sport works.
    aint that the truth....plus you can only use so much horsepower...anymore is just a waste

You can see a difference on the straights. Usually cars are about the same speed getting to a corner but Pierce is faster in a straight line than the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There's some 500 inch engines out there now.
    Man. Pitting half way through a 100 lapper for new tires and gas will be the new normal.

But the question is , how big is Kyle Larsons Cornett engine ? It appears Kyle was just playing with the other racers before the big paying race. Someone, please get the details on that big ol Cornette Kyle Larson ran last night at Vado.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    But the question is , how big is Kyle Larsons Cornett engine ? It appears Kyle was just playing with the other racers before the big paying race. Someone, please get the details on that big ol Cornette Kyle Larson ran last night at Vado.
    When it was built, it was the largest Dirt LM engine that Cornette had ever built, is that still the case? not sure. It's a couple years old now, if its still the same one Kevin had before.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 01-15-2024 at 07:19 AM.

Kyle Larson finally gets lucky 😝. Vado is a great track. I need to get out there one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Kyle Larson finally gets lucky . Vado is a great track. I need to get out there one year.
    sh!t happens....sucks for pierce...would have been good to see it go green the rest of the way...

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    sh!t happens....sucks for pierce...would have been good to see it go green the rest of the way...
    Things happen. I guess Rumley needed a win.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Kyle Larson finally gets lucky . Vado is a great track. I need to get out there one year.
    Kyle might have backed into the win but that young Bobby Pierce emerged from the event the Vado Championship again this year. A good way to start a season one might say . Lets see if he can keep the momentum going into Volusia.

He’s gonna be tougher than a two dollar steak is what he’s gonna be all year………..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????