Default Dear track announcers ….

If I’m watching a race and I see a big ole rut in the track with numerous cars getting all wheels off the ground or bicycling after they hit the rut, don’t tell me that the driver let his car slide up after hitting the rut. Grow some balls and just admit that there is a rut in the track that is giving the drivers problems.

If I’m watching a 50 lap race and the track has locked down by lap 15, don’t spend the rest of the race wondering why no driver will try the high line. Just say that the track is locked down and that happens sometimes.

If I’m watching a race and track looks like a cornfield (caused by poor track prep and not weather) don’t keep telling me that the track has “character”. “Character” has become the term for a poorly prepared track.

Just remember that honesty is always the best route to go.

I’d rather have a track the drivers have to deal with than sit there for 2 hours waiting on track prep.

At the WWS, one of the announcers is obnoxious in CONSTANTLY talking about how great the track/prep is. We get it, it’s pretty darn good but we don’t need to be reminded every 15 minutes.

Maybe the jump in turn three is part of the track, it's been there every single race.

Default Post #2

Fly I'd rather wait for track prep to see a good race than to be disappointed in a sh!ty race. Charlotte's Saturday world finals race is good example.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Charlotte's world finals pretty much stinks anymore. As for announcing, so far in 2024 I don't think it's been very good.

The track Conditions at this year's chilli bowl were terrible, and I will say this, the announcers pretty much did say the same.

If I’m watching a race and I see a big ole rut in the track with numerous cars getting all wheels off the ground or bicycling after they hit the rut, don’t tell me that the driver let his car slide up after hitting the rut. Grow some balls and just admit that there is a rut in the track that is giving the drivers problems.

If I’m watching a 50 lap race and the track has locked down by lap 15, don’t spend the rest of the race wondering why no driver will try the high line. Just say that the track is locked down and that happens sometimes.

If I’m watching a race and track looks like a cornfield (caused by poor track prep and not weather) don’t keep telling me that the track has “character”. “Character” has become the term for a poorly prepared track.

Just remember that honesty is always the best route to go.

Wait, are you saying that not every broadcast should be sunshine and rainbows?

And some of these “go to” terms these guys CONSTANTLY use get old night after night…

Tiptoe around the top side
    He drove it in almost to (names nearby city)
    Lockstep formation
    2x2x2x2
    And at the line it’s gonna be (speaking like they’re trying to hold in a fart) when the cars are 3 lengths apart

You get the picture.

This past weeks commonly used (and abused) comments...getting his feet back under him...and he pulls in here and shuts the motor off. No crap, he's going to shut it off to talk to you after his heat race win! These two drove me crazy all week!!

These are journalism school people who think on air silence will make people turn the channel, forgetting we are paying to stream this obscure sport because we're fans. One of my favourite things about going to the track is sitting in silence looking at the scenery before the cars start up.

I just want to not hear "and the sands are running out of the hour glass"

We need Chet Christner on the late model calls! To the point, serious, humorous and knowledgeable! He's got his own "Chetisms"!

the one I get tired of hearing,,,,He's on the outside looking in......Ruben is the worst
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    We need Chet Christner on the late model calls! To the point, serious, humorous and knowledgeable! He's got his own "Chetisms"!
    I have to agree....Chet is the best.