Default Tumble Buggy counter?

What was the total chilly bowl tally this year? Another reason to like late models. They don’t roll very often.

Non-wing sprint cars and midgets, the “rawest” form of motorsports.

Who cares?

Well, you have a point.

As well as the post in is the wrong part of forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Well, you have a point. As well as the post in is the wrong part of forum.
    No. I think Late Model racing is better. Less flips = less cautions and more racing for the fans. I’m hearing the count was 57 flips for the week.

Rajflyboy, Stay off of the crack pipe.

FLY, why don't you compare the Chili Bowl to the St. Louis Dome. How many late model flips, torn up sheet metal and cautions were in that building?

Come to Indiana for USAC midget week. Watch top 6 inverted fields, elbows up and most winners NOT from the front row. Look up the highlights of the 2023 BC 39 at the IMS dirt track for some intense racing. I see my share of late model races. There is a heck of a lot more elbows up in midget racing than win off the front row late model racing. Aero has not affected midget and non-wing sprint car racing yet.
    Last edited by Dirt Clod; 01-14-2024 at 01:39 PM.

I've seen a lot of late model wrecks where they take forever to get a car off the track. A lot of flips during the Chilli Bowl resulted in flipping it back over and they continue on. When they are to tore up, they just use the forks. Pretty efficient.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    There is a heck of a lot more elbows up in midget racing than win off the front row late model racing
    Never a truer statement made.
    8/13/16

I watched every night of the Chili Bowl and though each night they had some really good racing. As far as them flipping that's juts part open wheel racing. In my opinion the midgets more times than not put on the best racing.

Like a lot of things (sprint cars and midgets used to be much better).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I watched every night of the Chili Bowl and though each night they had some really good racing. As far as them flipping that's juts part open wheel racing. In my opinion the midgets more times than not put on the best racing.
    I don't know about that by watching young Bobby Pierce slicing 3 wide through lapped traffic last night in Vado was pure poetry in motion ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Like a lot of things (sprint cars and midgets used to be much better).
    You’re not old enough to know if that statement is true or not.

Secondly, how many non-wing sprint car and midget races do you see in person a year?

I’m afraid you’re judging something you know not very much about.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I don't know about that by watching young Bobby Pierce slicing 3 wide through lapped traffic last night in Vado was pure poetry in motion ! !
    I'm sure it was. I haven't seen any of the late models races from Vado. I was watching the Chili Bowl all week.

Open wheel cars minus a nose and top wing is really good racing usually. They race extremely well on tracks 3/8 and under. SLM racing is nowhere near the excitement of the open wheel guys. Instead of a flip count maybe we should keep count of how many races we talk about and racers make mention of how the guy in front of me took the air off the front end.