Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Horn not playing fair !

Watching Volusia at my neighbors and he has a truck full of new Hoosier tires that he is taking south for a team. We got to talking about all the horns out there this year. His reply was horn is cutting deals for guys, I asked him to explain and his reply was the guys at rocket have it right on there Web site what a chassis will cost. Go look at horns site and all it says is call us. Makes one wonder is all. Triple xxx did it with sprint car chassis and took a lot of business from other manufacturers.

Nothing wrong w that. Post your price so someone can cut it and get your sale. Sounds like smart business to me.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Watching Volusia at my neighbors and he has a truck full of new Hoosier tires that he is taking south for a team. We got to talking about all the horns out there this year. His reply was horn is cutting deals for guys, I asked him to explain and his reply was the guys at rocket have it right on there Web site what a chassis will cost. Go look at horns site and all it says is call us. Makes one wonder is all. Triple xxx did it with sprint car chassis and took a lot of business from other manufacturers.
    Rocket has tier pricing for all their customers.

As the old saying goes , if you have to ask how much it costs ---you cant afford it !

Longhorn is not giving cars away, their prices have went through the roof since new ownership took over two years ago. As they should, they build a good product and you gotta pay to play

I thought this was going to be about the thru rod shocks
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Longhorn is not selling cars because of the price. Lol

Well I was only making comment on someone that is involved in the game. He and his son have a crate car they play with on occassion and he does motor rebuilds for both slm and crates. The one thing he and I both agree on is if it doesn't soon stop more teams will be lost. They had I believe 56 cars in Volusia, just how many of those 56 had a chance to finish top 10. My neighbor said 13, I laughed but after thinking about it I went with 15. We did agree on 1 thing, most every racer in florida for speedweeks is losing money. We both thought the purses in florida are terrible, there should not be a 5000 to win show when you have a back gate that is as big as some are pulling in.

Well I was only making comment on someone that is involved in the game. He and his son have a crate car they play with on occassion and he does motor rebuilds for both slm and crates. The one thing he and I both agree on is if it doesn't soon stop more teams will be lost. They had I believe 56 cars in Volusia, just how many of those 56 had a chance to finish top 10. My neighbor said 13, I laughed but after thinking about it I went with 15. We did agree on 1 thing, most every racer in florida for speedweeks is losing money. We both thought the purses in florida are terrible, there should not be a 5000 to win show when you have a back gate that is as big as some are pulling in.
    In fairness to Volusia, locals dont support it very well! Weather was bad for this time of year, but until the Yanks show up, purses will be low!

Some gear to win, most gear to keep racing. Volusia is a hammer down track, I wonder how many had to swap bullets.

Some gear to win, most gear to keep racing. Volusia is a hammer down track, I wonder how many had to swap bullets.
    Oneal posted that they changed one out after Friday

An engine lapped out 1 race into the season. That's a head scratcher 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I thought this was going to be about the thru rod shocks
    Give it a couple more days.

Lightbulb

Triple XXX builds their frames in China, thats how they sell so much cheaper... I think some people see conspiracy where they want to. With inflation running hot I imagine prices are constantly in flux. I'm no Longhorn fan, but I imagine winning races and championships while also not being a world class horse's caboose helps sell cars as well. Hard to beat customer service.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Henry I have to agree with your customer service comment. Not sure who it was but they made the comment about having issues at volusia. He mentioned Rumley and Arpin among others came over to his pit to help him out. On a race day that is impressive.

Deals are nothing new. It's just that it was always a public price and other people got one for a lower price.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

[QUOTE=zyoung25;2478055]An engine lapped out 1 race into the season. That's a head scratcher 樂

Considering all the preseason testing that goes on now it's not. Pretty sure most of the top teams have already pounded lots of laps at G.I., East Bay, and Volusia.

So Longhorn is doing what Rocket has done for decades. Ensure that the best teams are in their product. No one cared when Rocket did it but now its a problem when Longhorn does it. (full disclosure, I think its bad having 2 brands dominate the sport)

I thought this was gonna be about the 10 minute airhorn! So disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    I thought this was gonna be about the 10 minute airhorn! So disappointed
    Now that's funny right there 😆
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

I think this may be in the running for dumbest post of the year so far on 4M. Rockets prices on their website are probably a rough estimate, longhorn’s puts call for pricing on theirs, the price of steel and aluminum changes on a daily and weekly basis and every manufacturer out there has to constantly change prices on items. It’s not just race cars it’s everything. Everyone on here wants love on Longhorn and hate on Rocket every chance they get. I don’t choose a side between the two but I’d love to see Mark Richards hire Kevin Rumley out from underneath Longhorn just to see the meltdown on 4M!