Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default World Of Outlaws Points

Two questions:1. How do they decide which drivers receive points and which drivers do not?2. Did only 1 race count for points at Volusia? Only 1 is posted on the website.

You have had to sign up for the WoO series. That’s why shepp is leading. Pretty stupid.

If you pay the $$ and sign a loyalty agreement- you get bonus points before ever competing in the first race. That’s why after the first race that Moran won he wasn’t even in the top 12 in points. Larson finished 24th in the race but was 12th in the points.
    I brought this up last year and not a lot of reaction- everyone was more concerned about the Lucas Championship playoff.
    A gimmick is a gimmick any way you choose to look at it.
    It will all Shane out after the first time the 2 series go head to head. Those who didn’t pay up and get the bonus points were not going to run the WOO series anyway.
    It’s definitely a gimmick on Steve Francis’s part - but not a lot of chit chat here on 4m about it??

^ I'm with ya.....paying for points just doesn't seem right.

Think I made this same post last year.

2 races completed: Moran finishes 1st & 3rd: not in the top 12 in points. Keep bashing the Lucas format!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    2 races completed: Moran finishes 1st & 3rd: not in the top 12 in points. Keep bashing the Lucas format!
    Exactly, some people just see what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Exactly, some people just see what they want to see.
    It was discussed here last year. Teams that have no intentions of running are filtered lower. That's all that happens. Is it annoying for the fan? Sure? But it's by far the better points system.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It was discussed here last year. Teams that have no intentions of running are filtered lower. That's all that happens. Is it annoying for the fan? Sure? But it's by far the better points system.
    And some are still complaining about Lucas Oil's system from last year even though Ricky Thorton is running with them again this year.

Mastersbuilt

I have to “ Respectfully” disagree with you.
    Teams that didn’t sign on with WOO and then had poor showings at the Lucas Ga/Florida races- cannot flip over to WOO because they would be buried in points.
    DOD writers discuss this in an article today.
    That’s just my own opinion- and it doesn’t mean anything to anyone except myself. We all live in the great United States and have the freedom to agree to disagree- correct?

Were there instances in the past where someone not running the tour finsihed higher than a full time driver? That would actually be kinda funny.

All I got to say is two great races over the weekend. Points are for the drivers and teams. Races are for everyone.

Just a thought

Anyone who didn't pony up and pay the Outlaws dues have no intention of running the whole series. They are committed to Lucas or a pic and choose schedule.
    8/13/16

Foxfire,

Yes, if they didn't pay, it's too late. If they wanted to hedge bets, they should have paid. It's more pay to play than a gimmick. The gimmick bothers me more. You have a different opinion and that's fine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I just don’t like the idea of buying points. Very true -anyone that had a thought of running WOO would have signed up and paid the $$. As TS Fan stated above-2 great races and the points are for the teams. I have no vested $$ in any team- just a big time dirt racing fan. I’m 67 years old and have been going since I was 5.
    Leaving Wednesday for Golden Isles and what I hope to be 30 days of great racing and good times with friends.
    The pints will all shake out soon enough-but WOO did collect around 50k for this format.
    All is well/ everyone enjoy the 2024 race season.

Is Devin going to switch because he's doing better in one series or another? Not when one of his sponsors is paying for the gimmick in another series. Please tell me, what the points would do for a driver at this stage of the points season?

This is not even comparable to the Lucas gimmick.

Y'all cried about too many provisionals, this was an answer to that so there wasn't 35 cars in the feature every night during Florida. The teams get there money back, as long as they show up at the races in the spring.

Whatever the WoO does it will be better than the Lucas Oil circus sideshow.

Yea, good Ole steve francis, he was going to be the savior of dirt late model racing. It's a perk for teams to pay up front. After florida when teams go to there respective series it will all play out.

Part of my confusion when asking the question is the Drivers Points shown on the World of Outlaw website. They are only showing Driver Points for one race but Owners Points for two races.

i havent heard any drivers complain about it....maybe they are...more drivers signed up for woo this year over last...moran...hudson...thornton...etc dont really care about the woo points so why should it bother them that people who have committed to the tour get a signing bonus? has no bearing on them....my 2 cents deposited