Matt Henderson Collects Sunshine Nationals Finale and Championship
East Bay Winternationals Await this Week

LOUDON, Tenn. (01/22/24) – Matt Henderson raced the Rusty Webb Racing / Tennessee Shine Co. No. 22 R&W Properties / Fox Racing Shox / C&C Steam Cleaning / Vision Wheel / CVR Race Car Late Model to the $10,000 Crate Racin’ USA Winter Shootout Series win on Saturday night at Florida’s Volusia Speedway Park.

With the victory Henderson also claimed the DIRTcar Sunshine Nationals title at the ˝-mile oval.

“We had a different tire than most people and I just had to get going. Those cautions were killing me,” Henderson said. “I got to race my buddy Will Roland. We raced tight and rubbed on each other a little bit, but that’s what you gotta do when everybody’s got these small motors. You just don’t have an advantage to get away.

“To win the finale in my first time ever at Volusia (Speedway Park) is pretty awesome. It says a lot about this team. We’re looking forward to heading to East Bay (Raceway Park) this week to see if we can keep this momentum rolling. I can’t thank all of our sponsors enough for supporting us and letting us get away to showcase them on our cars. Thank you to everyone who has been following along on the trip too. We love all of them.”

With heavy rains washing out the Thursday night opener, Matt Henderson unloaded his Rusty Webb Racing No. 22 CVR Race Car on Friday afternoon at Volusia Speedway Park (De Leon Springs, Fla.) for the fifth-annual Sunshine Nationals.
Among 69 Crate Racin’ USA Winter Shootout Late Models checked in for the weekend, Henderson qualified 16th-fastest in his group, which landed him in the second preliminary feature on the fourth-row. Moving forward five positions in the quick 20-lap race, Matt earned a spot on the podium in third.

With heat race lineups already set for Saturday, Matt started second and finished second in his heat which placed him on the third-row for the A-Main.

Looking for his first triumph of the young season, Henderson made quick work of his competitors and moved into the Top-3 by lap 10. Battling with the lead duo for most of the 30-lap feature, Matt took advantage of a late-race restart to power through the inside lane to score the $10,000 triumph. Henderson outran Caleb Gay and Trynt Lloyd to the checkered flag who completed the Top-3 finishers.

With the win Henderson claimed the Sunshine Nationals Championship and currently leads the Crate Racin' USA Winter Series point standings.

Full results from the weekend can be found at www.CrateRacinUSA.com.
Matt Henderson and Rusty Webb Racing now turn their attention to East Bay Raceway Park (Gibsonton, Fla.) for a trio of Crate Racin’ USA Winter Shootout Series events this Thursday - Saturday. On Thursday and Friday a $2,500 top prize is up for grabs, while Saturday’s finale posts a $5,000 winner’s check.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.CrateRacinUSA.com.

Matt Henderson and Rusty Webb Racing thank their marketing partners, which include R&W Properties, Tennessee Shine Co., Vision Wheel, Discount Tire, Dyer Trucking, Mark Tutor Racing, Fox Racing Shox, Crate Engine Technology, Swift Springs C&C Steam Cleaning, Morgan McClure Chevrolet, JM Onsite Repair, Matlock Decals, Brucebilt Performance, KRC Power Steering, Allstar Performance, Hammond Motorsports, CVR Race Cars, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest info regarding Matt Henderson Racing, please visit the team’s cyber home at www.MattHendersonRacing.com or check the team out on Facebook at @MHenderson17 and on Twitter at @MHenderson17.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)