Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Shocks

Default Fox Shocks

I noticed Rocket 1 has switched to Fox from Integra? Anyone have any insight on the change?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I noticed Rocket 1 has switched to Fox from Integra? Anyone have any insight on the change?
    That actually happened on the downlow last year, at least on one corner of the car. Supposedly, Integra could not copy the Fox rf valving of the Fox that fast Rockets are running now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Dennis Erb Jr is on Fox shocks now too

Too lazy to use the goggle but Fox was building great stuff 50 years ago for twin-shock dirtbikes. Bet they been around longer than we think.

There's a nice Dennis Erb Jr article on DoD by Kyle McFadden. It's a great read. He makes reference why he switched to Fox shocks. Talks about how Rocket 1 switched, so he did, too. Great to see him sharing shock info with the Rocket team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    There's a nice Dennis Erb Jr article on DoD by Kyle McFadden. It's a great read. He makes reference why he switched to Fox shocks. Talks about how Rocket 1 switched, so he did, too. Great to see him sharing shock info with the Rocket team.
    The whole idea that Mark doesn’t share info is 4M mouthbeather fantasy.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That actually happened on the downlow last year, at least on one corner of the car. Supposedly, Integra could not copy the Fox rf valving of the Fox that fast Rockets are running now.
    Thanks man!

Garrett Smith, Shirley and Owens are on Fox as well. I think the Rocket-Fox collaboration is from Cody Mallory’s time on the Blue1 last year.

Mason Zeigler ran Fox all last year when he went back to Rocket after his short stint in the BWRC. Cody did play a role in getting the teams up to date with the shocks. Those shocks played a role in his fall from grace last year at Port Royal. A local team paid Cody for a shock package that he didn't deliver. Mark Richards stepped up and made sure that team got their shocks.

Cody making a deal he didn’t deliver on? This is shocking……..said no one ever.

Tried to sneak in the wrong tire on Garrets car last night, got nailed and cost him a shot at the win….but I’m sure it was an “ honest” mistake…..dude is an idiot savant.

I’ve got some older motocross friends that ran fox shocks….cool that they excel in the 4 wheel arena these days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Fox shocks are on Ford Raptor F150 trucks. Fox showed Ford some tricks to make a shock perform, and Ford showed Fox some tricks to make a shock more durable and mass production techniques.

Apparently Smith didn’t learn his lesson with Crazy Cody last year.

Flyboy: “ 5 minutes of fame”- another brilliant post.
    I do find it interesting that how everyone was upset/mad as heck because Thorton got robbed of the Championship- now after 2 races have turned against him.
    Since when did we get to the point that we didn’t want to see cars rubbing during a dirt race?

Fox, I don't think it's because of the contact as much as it is his attitude and casting the blame on the other guy when he was definitely the aggressor.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Bet they been around longer than we think.
    Fox’s venture into dirt late model racing was 2016 with Hyperco.

They acquired silver Jesus a couple years ago from Penske. That's when their stock went up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Fox, I don't think it's because of the contact as much as it is his attitude and casting the blame on the other guy when he was definitely the aggressor.
    Nailed it...........Thornton needs to take a class in marketing from Black Sunshine and learn how to turn boos into tshirt sales!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Exactly, plus his first hit on Davenport's left rear quarter panel wasn't a rub, he jacked Davenport's left rear off of the ground and got him sideways and almost spun him out.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Exactly, plus his first hit on Davenport's left rear quarter panel wasn't a rub, he jacked Davenport's left rear off of the ground and got him sideways and almost spun him out.
    Oh my gosh, he 'almost' spun him out..... big deal. These guys 'almost' spin out on their own every lap, in fact the less talented ones do. I'm glad there are guys like Ricky, Bobby, Larson, etc that'll race hard and occasionally crumple a 1/4 panel. Drivers need to quit whining and race the others accordingly, it'll all take care of itself in the end.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I agree, I thought it was a bit disingenuous when RTJ tried to play victim and claim favoritism. The other laugher was when he declared JD crazy for wanting him to lift and use his brakes instead of turning him sideways. I only saw videos but it looked like he got caught napping or misjudged traffic and when 2 cars suddenly went by he just went balls to the wall and nailed him. I respect RTJ's ability behind the wheel and I think he was robbed last year by a silly ill conceived format borrowed from a company on the way down... I'm sure it'll all work out, I remember when JD was first getting some good rides and going banzai a little too much, he evened out and I think RTJ will as well, but I'd appreciate them owning up to mistakes and over eagerness, instead making excuses, kids do that.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

The previous race Davenport missed two opportunites to take the lead from O'Neil but didn't go for it. He's not interested in hard racing or starting from anywhere other than the front row anymore. RTJ has picked up his family and moved so many times the past few years to make a living in the business, Davenport hasn't been that hungry in years. "Don't criticize what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command, your old road is rapidly aging. Please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand for the times they are a changing."