Default Every Saturday night

I remember when race tracks raced ever saturday night I've noticed a lot of the new schedule are ever other saturday and some are missing 2 weeks by the time you take out the rain outs that don't leave a lot of racing I can remember when that was a big advertising tool racing every saturday night or Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    I remember when race tracks raced ever saturday night I've noticed a lot of the new schedule are ever other saturday and some are missing 2 weeks by the time you take out the rain outs that don't leave a lot of racing I can remember when that was a big advertising tool racing every saturday night or Friday night.
    scarcity creates interest. not many can afford to spectate or participate in 24 events a year.

Also our local asphalt track pays late models 1500 to win and 300 to start and fast time gets 100 and they pay mods 1200 to win and 250 to start and b main gets 600 to win and 150 to start and stocks 1000 to win and 200 to start and compacts 500 to win and 100 to start and b main gets 250 to win and 50 to start. They get 20 late models, 35 mods, 18 street stocks, and 45 compacts a week average and they race every Saturday from April 6 to last weekend in September. Also it is in Ohio Shadybowl Speedway is the name. Also every class run heat races. $30 to win a heat and last gets $5 and top 4 in qualifying run a 4 lap dash paying $100 to win and $25 to start.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    scarcity creates interest. not many can afford to spectate or participate in 24 events a year.
    Starbucks is 10 bucks a day. Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Starbucks is 10 bucks a day. Priorities.
    I don't think there is a big overlap between dirt fans and starbucks frequenters.

Re[: Shadybowll Speedway, Glad to see the old joint is still doing well. Ran there some in the late '60s in the old Hardtops. First time I had just bought a '40 Ford tudor with a flathead, of course, that was built for dirt and was looking for a place to try it before I headed to Eldora that Sunday. Someone told me Shadybowl was dirt and ran Saturdays so off I went. Place was in the middle of nowhere and I was questioning whether it even existed and couldn't find it until dusk when they turned the lights on. For those of you younger peeps that was long before the Internet, GPS, cell phones etc. Was surprised it was asphalt and all I had were dirt tires. Too late to even get a hot lap got put on the pole for the heat and got thoroughly embarrassed. Even with that had fun and sorted out some issues with the car and was better the next day at Earl's place. Returned to the 'Bowl a few times with pavement tires and ran much better. Still remember the snake pit.

over4t its still going and has a score board. Also it gets over 100 cars in 4 classes a night normally around 110 and hotlaps start at 4p.m. and qualifying at 5:30p.m. heats at 6:30p.m. They were getting done around 11p.m. this year.

latemodelman, It sounds like Shadybowl has got it together with those car counts and payouts. Used to love the Late Models there and the late great Neal Sceva in his Cutlass was one of my favorites. Neal got around there very well and was a hard guy to beat and a terrific guy to boot.

"Starbucks is 10 bucks a day. Priorities."

The founders said "there are fools born every day and they will allow us to sell a pound of coffee for $200 or more"!

over4T they do have it together one week they run mods and the other week is late models but they will add like Thunder Cars and Crown vics each will so both classes get 15 or so cars plus they have a touring class come in that gets 15 cars its cool. though.

I'd bet all promoters or track owners would like to race every weekend if feasible. With some areas struggling for cars, they have to do whatever it takes to stay open.
    8/13/16

Yuppies and Hipsters love Exclusivity.

That Buisness model is filtering in to Racing. Less Races, Bigger Events, and make them feel more exclusive. IE World 100/ Dream etc.

More money to be made, less Employee costs.

I'm wondering how these Tracks are going to handle the new Independent Contractor rules starting in March. No more 1099 Workers, well at least the rules are quite abit tighter.

Just say no...