Dylan Thornton Teams with Kay Racing for ’24 Super Late Model Run
Set for Team Debut During Maquoketa’s Nippy 50 on March 29-30

ORCUTT, Ca. (01/29/24) – Dylan Thornton is joining forces with car owners, Ricky and Brenda Kay to make a run at a busy Super Late Model slate in 2024.

Thornton will find himself behind the wheel of the team’s Petersen Insurance / Hoker Trucking No. 38T Kay Farms, Elevator, and Trucking / Matzen Trucking / Warrior Race Car / Halabuilt Competition Engine Super Late Model.

“Man, this is an exciting opportunity, and I’m extremely grateful to the Kay family for providing it to me. I haven’t raced a Late Model since 2018, and even at that I’ve only made about 10 starts in one in my career. However, I’ve enjoyed a lot of success in the Modified and Stock Car the past few years, and I think that experience and car control will help me adapt to driving a Late Model again,” Thornton shared. “We are going to make our first start on March 29 – 30 at Maquoketa (Speedway) at the Hoker Trucking Nippy 50.

“From there we are going to focus on the Super Late Model Racing (SLMR) East Series along with (Lucas Oil) MLRA and World of Outlaws events in our area. It’s going to be a fun year.”

Tyson Gheer will serve as the team’s crew chief for the upcoming season.

With two IMCA Stock Car wins in his pocket from earlier this month during the Winter Nationals at Cocopah Speedway, Dylan is now ready to hit the ground running with Kay Motorsports on March 29 – 30 at Maquoketa (Iowa) Speedway during the inaugural Nippy 50 presented by Hoker Trucking. The event includes a $5,000-to-win Super Late Model program on Friday followed by a $20,000-to-win finale on Saturday.

For more information on the event, please visit www.MaquoketaSpeedway.com .

Dylan Thornton and DTR Enterprises would like to their marketing partners, which include Kay Farms Elevator & Trucking, Petersen Insurance, Hoker Trucking , Matzen Trucking, Vanderheiden Hauling & Farmlng, Wyfill Hybrids, Salty’s BBQ & Catering, Warrior Race Cars, Hyperco, Halabuilt Competition Engines, Pit Crew BBQ, Dynamic Drivelines, Performance Bodies, Wheatland Auto Body, Capital Signs, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Dylan Thornton Racing please visit the team website at www.DylanThorntonRacing.com.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)