Default Lucas Speedweeks 2025

It will be interesting to see if the existing 3 tracks (GIS, Ocala, and/or All-Tech) add additional day(s) next year or if they pick up another track. Waycross seems like the only venue that has the facility to host a major DLM race and makes sense geographically. Probably wouldn't be the worst thing weather wise if GIS started a week later.

Would love to see screven pick up a Lucas date next year.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The main problem Lucas has is (I don't think) any of the available tracks have the ability to draw a contingent fans for 4+ days in a row like East Bay has.

Im sure the teams want to race as much as possible, so they will try to run the same number of Speedweeks shows between the available tracks. If I was them I'd start Speedweeks a week later and cut some races out.

Regardless of what direction it goes: with East Bay closing- it’s going to be the closing of a cahapter of Speedweeks as we have known. Change brings new challenges and adventures- hoping for the best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    The main problem Lucas has is (I don't think) any of the available tracks have the ability to draw a contingent fans for 4+ days in a row like East Bay has.Im sure the teams want to race as much as possible, so they will try to run the same number of Speedweeks shows between the available tracks. If I was them I'd start Speedweeks a week later and cut some races out.
    Agreed 100% I think GIS is as close as they would have to a track like that.

Watching the show from Ocala last night I liked the quirky shape of it and it makes the racing a little different and, I thought, entertaining. Didn't appear that the facilities could handle a huge crowd though.

Ocala should be the only track considered to replace Eastbay but it appears Bubba has turned down the offer. He said he would like more races as long as it includes a weekend!

Zero25
    Where are you getting Bubba was getting offered to replace East Bay??
    All I heard him say is that he was hoping to get a Thursday/Friday/Saturday race for next year.

From the Drive Home crew!

👍🏻 I didn’t catch that part. That crew was at the same hotel as us- they said there wouldn’t be an announcement until early March. I’m thinking maybe Golden Isles is a testing ground for a replacement- both for Lucas Oil & the new track owner. Who knows what 2025 will be but we definitely will not have East Bay as the centerpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Would love to see screven pick up a Lucas date next year.
    No doubt!Bullring is fast and racey

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the existing 3 tracks (GIS, Ocala, and/or All-Tech) add additional day(s) next year or if they pick up another track. Waycross seems like the only venue that has the facility to host a major DLM race and makes sense geographically. Probably wouldn't be the worst thing weather wise if GIS started a week later.
    The East Bay dates will be given to Eldora.
    Will Rogers never met Donald Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    The East Bay dates will be given to Eldora.
    lmao.............................................. .......

Apparently Mams dislikes Eldora?

Realistically how many tracks down south in that region could hold an event that big with a whole week of Late Model racing?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

am hearing that dates will be given to Ocala Speedway for a weekend race that East Bay had. Also hearing that talks were made to have Volusia come in at some point but was turned down.