Default HTF Guys FINALLY Taking Newest Longhorn to The Jig

Car they wrecked @ Eldora with relatively minor RF wall impact, but then Overton showed them why YOU CAN"T PARK THERE!

Had it jigged/repaired but was never the same. Had another wreck later in season and eventually swapped to the back-up they bought from Owens I believe? I've suggested several times the car that was repaired from Eldora crash was never right. It DID NOT get either clip replaced but did have some other bars & maybe front crossmember replaced?

LongHorn has some updates available anyway. They ARE gonna be at All-Tech Lucas Race tho. Guess no back-up car for that one. I'm not completely up to date on the schedule.

That's right . . . it's a terrible chassis! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    That's right . . . it's a terrible chassis! LOL!
    are they really relevant great bunch of guys but HTF taking a chassis to be checked on a jig is about as news worthy as RTJ has tire shipment show up eight hours late

They come across much better on YT than they do in person, but I've had lengthy conversations with both John and Teresa and they are as nice as anyone you'll ever meet. They are in over their heads on a national level but can't blame them for trying I guess. IMO a handful of fluke "decent" runs nationally and good equipment have given them false confidence in their abilities, but I'm a follower of their channel and wish them luck. In fairness, I should say that Jesse seems OK too, but he's definitely playing a shtick on the videos, much more serious and relatable in person.

I don't know what year that chassis is who they got it from, but, that has been one of the biggest issue's they have had. Inconsistencies from 1 chassis to another. Getting it in the jig should tell them something. They do work hard and need a little luck to come there way.

I'd be slow to jig it too, if it was already done. "Yup, it still fits", doesn't do much for speed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Come on LongHorn Step up !!

Get them HTF Boys a new Chassis !

Marketing opportunity !!

Just say no...

I quit watching them, but I will say I was NOT impressed with the LH jig repair they got on video. I would've asked for a new front clip, they (LH) seemed to be ok with just rewelding on the mounts in the right place in space with no regard for stress trapped in the car. Seems like Moyer liked having a new clip over a new chassis as they seem to work better. JMO
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    I quit watching them, but I will say I was NOT impressed with the LH jig repair they got on video. I would've asked for a new front clip, they (LH) seemed to be ok with just rewelding on the mounts in the right place in space with no regard for stress trapped in the car. Seems like Moyer liked having a new clip over a new chassis as they seem to work better. JMO
    The stress is what makes or breaks a car, especially if it isn't really stiff enough. I had an old car I raced for many years and put many clips on. It was fine every time until the last one.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I just need more Shadow in their programming

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Said the guy "jigging it" couldn't get it on the jig to start. Had something "wrong" with jig. Red flag! Then when he did get it kinda in place, the section that was supposed to be pinned down when they located chassis on jig didn't line up?

Still believe if they sawed the RH from rail in two about mid-way the car would go sprooong and jump off the floor. The hit from Overton was pretty massive. Not anyone's fault.

This chassis was new this time last year. Other car is one Owens gave up on. So...yeah. Do agree they are pretty well over their heads across the board. When Langenfelder (sp?) gives up, the stacker goes away and they go back to strictly local racing. Where they belong.

ktmlew seems to have everything figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    ktmlew seems to have everything figured out!
    Sorry if others having opinions offends you to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing snowflake.