Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So...while I did go to bed, have TV on the wall at end of bed. The feature wasn't all that bad IMO. But i'm also a HTF bandwagon'er, so any time they don't embarrass themselves, I'm fairly happy. Ran 3rd-5th whole feature ended up 6th.

Pretty good run in that Owens reject LongHorn. I quit listening to their Patreon. Just wait for the video.

Saturday is another day. Got to watch Lucas SLM race in Florida from comfort of my recliner/Queen Sized mattress. Guess not that bad a deal.

I wasn't going to watch the feature until they decided to rework the track. It was at least better than had they done nothing but, was definitely not what I as many were hoping for. Next race please.

This is the reason I attend all Woo/Lucas Speedweek races but Al-Tech. We went the first year and wasn’t impressed. So far for Lucas: 2 decent races out of the first 4 with Al-Tech making the 5th. I will just not comment on it.

Interesting discussion among the HTF bunch after race. Joseph owned the slide back from top 3 to 6th. Said he just got too conservative and missed his mark just a little few times toward end, "with these guys, you running qualifying laps, every lap". "Can't back off any".

They were slightly disappointed with finish. Knew they were good enough to get top 5 and likely on the podium.

Frum the looks of the track, they must have had a 100 lap sheepsfoot race!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I thought it was a pretty good show, had some comers and goer's, was more of a drivers track than a petal stomper, which I like. All-Tech is always slick, but the groove was changing all night, guys searching around. Even though RTJ lead wire to wire thats not the whole story. Joiner actually got within striking distance of the lead, pulled along side him. I can appreciate different types of tracks and surfaces, be it FALS or Eldora or something in between. I don't need every lap a slider or so tacky your engine builder is sweating bullets. I'd rather see a driving clinic like All-Tech than a demonstration of how awesome your aero package is or how much you spent on your engine.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

RTJ got a gift last night.The late pill draw in the first qualifying group saved his but.Had he gone out early like JD, Wilson, or Junghans (all 2 seconds slower than the guys that went out later) he would have been buried in his heat on a no passing track. Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good.
    8/13/16

Longhorn house car is still struggling with qualifying. They did have a good run in the A-main. Started 27th and finished 8th.

Whomever can get a little edge on traction has an advantage. Tech is the winner on slick tracks.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Congratulations t-mac and #39 team. I know he started up front but it felt good to see him finally run good.🏁🏁
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Congratulations t-mac and #39 team. I know he started up front but it felt good to see him finally run good.
    For sure, congrats 39! I know he can whine but he has been around long enough that when he whines its probably for a good reason. Certainly like his clean driving style, you do not see half assed moves from him like we do from some of the top drivers whose names I won't mention.