FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

February 7, 2024

I-75 Winter Championships Nixed by Rainy Forecast; Event Pushed Back to 2025

(SWEETWATER, TENNESSEE) For the second time in the last three weeks, the inaugural running of the ‘I-75 Winter Championships’ at I-75 Raceway has been halted by inclement weather. With a wet weekend forecast for Sweetwater, Tennessee on February 9-10 and no suitable reschedule date available, track officials and Ray Cook Promotions have jointly announced today that the multi-day event will be pushed back to 2025. Ten different racing divisions were scheduled to take to the track this Friday and Saturday with Super Late Models headlining the action - paying $5,053 to the winner.

“It is unfortunate that Mother Nature didn’t play nice with us,” quoted Ray Cook today. “We had snow on the ground on the original date and then the forecast for this coming weekend just never got any better. It’s a shame because there was a lot of interest in the event from drivers and fans, but it will have to wait until 2025 now. There just isn’t a reschedule date in the near future that won’t conflict with another race in the area.”

Up next for Ray Cook Promotions will be the start of the Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series presented by Coltman Farms Racing and fueled by Sunoco Race Fuels, which kicks off with a Peach State tripleheader from February 29-March 2. The popular spring miniseries will make a stop at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tennessee on Friday, March 29, as a $10,053 top prize will be up for grabs for the Super Late Models. More information can be found online by visiting www.southernnationalsseries.com.

I-75 Raceway is located at 1791 Highway 68 in Niota, Tennessee. The track phone number is 423-599-3026 and they can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/i75raceway. Ray Cook can be reached by telephone at 828-360-5353.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com