Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terbo helmet

Default Terbo helmet

Does the sticker on his helmet say what I think it says? Noticed it last night and assumed I was seeing something.

Yeah. You are correct. Moron. Once a clown. Always a clown. Real. Class

Disappointed that the Lucas Oil series and Flo didn’t do anything about it (on again tonight). Hard to recommend young racers look at this as a professional series with crap like that. Take one step forward and then two steps back….

What are you ladies talking about? Your panties seem to be in a wad!

The sticker on the side of his helmet. I could care less about his preferences or how he 'comes out', truly his own business; but the vulgar way to say it is my issue. I am a dirt racer that deals with new racing families everyday, and although I mostly deal with kids wanting to head to NASCAR, sports cars, etc. I always recommend they take a look at the dirt world (and specifically guide them to watch the 'professionals'....). I just would have thought Flo would think more of their audience than to clown around with him like that. I am no morality leader but where is the line at these days?

EvilB7, looking through the written vagueness of the topic here, I’m still lost as to what the sticker is/says?
    Last edited by lurker; 02-11-2024 at 09:40 AM.

Went back and watched the replay and I have to say, you had to be looking for it to see it. That's also why he didn't take his helmet off and place it on the deck. I paused the replay to see what it said. Even then it was hard to read. I could make out the first sentence but not the last. I'd say that those offended dislike Turbo.
    I wonder how those same people think about the f bombs thrown out there during interviews. Nobody seems bothered by Overton's multiple f bombs every time that the mic is put in front of him. Then again, all depends on whether you like the guy or not. In this case it's pretty obvious.
    8/13/16

Still to vague, still lost as to what the sticker says?

I don't know Terbo and actually thought he raced well; I wasn't 'lookin for it' but was very surprised at what I saw. I was 'looking for it' on night two; I just would have thought Flo would have addressed it (not hard, just tell him to roll on past and skip giving the attention he is looking for). I realize I am getting old in the world we live in, but I would have addressed him about it; and I do not believe the multiple f bombs are necessary either...

You didn't have to be looking that hard to see it. And he wasn't trying to hide it. If it's something to hide, then stick it on the inside of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit.
    And Overton sounds silly when he drops curse words for no reason. Accusing people of making $*i! up regarding his chassis situation, then talking about their chassis experiment the next day.
    A lot of these guys are looking for attention. Just look at all the nonsense at the dome. When athletes in professional sports do little dances after a catch or something people act like they are showboating pieces of garbage. Racers make the show at the dome, do choreographed dances during intros, and a lot of the same people eat it up.
    Last edited by jr29; 02-11-2024 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Still to vague, still lost as to what the sticker says?
    It said suck a ****,don't be one.

Couldn't read it Sat. night. Went back and checked Fri night and it was easier to see. All for about a second. I will say, I didn't catch it live. But then again, I don't study their helmets details that closely.
    8/13/16

I liked his driver suit that he wore one night lol
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

People are too sensitive....girls getting pregnant at 12....words are words and kids have seen and done worse...pretty sure the only ones it offends are the Karen's looking for something to make a stand about

It's on a helmet, which a lot of people may not even see. We've seen just as equally bad things printed on shirts to sell for everyone to see. I didn't even see what it said when watching it live.

Thats what makes DIRT racing great. Its not politically correct and certain parts of its culture will offend others.

If you like white-washed, politically correct stuff there is always NASCAR.

I’m not sure anyone was offended by it. I certainly wasn’t.
    I’m not offended by a lot of things that I think are in poor taste or are just bad ideas.
    I will say that maybe we should just skip the pre-race prayer if we are going in a direction where stuff like the sticker on his helmet is acceptable. Let’s just end the charade.

I'm not offended, but I do think putting things like that out their for public consumption is revealing about a persons character, like a tshirt from a few seasons back by another driver. You either have class and self respect or you don't. I don't think it effects young adults decisions on behavior or choices but its not polite or professional behavior. I'm not the least bit surprised with some other things he's said or aspired to in seasons past. Pigs grunt, that's what they do. No one should be surprised. Our entertainment culture has dropped so low in its standards and what it portrays as normal behavior that more young people feel less inhibited about what they say and do in both public and private. Terb and many others are simply products of that social decline.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Thanks, Highside Hustler25

And for the record from my end, I never saw it at all during the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    People are too sensitive....girls getting pregnant at 12....words are words and kids have seen and done worse...pretty sure the only ones it offends are the Karen's looking for something to make a stand about
    Sensitive? Really? Did you just justify profane vulgar language by using 12 year old girls getting pregnant as an actual defense? It's actually Karens that support that very kind of behavior to boot.

It's their choice for their own actions. There are people that will lose respect over this though. And rightly so.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

For a minute I thought Turbo said something bad about little Bobby Pierce that upset his troll's.