Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Speedweeks 2025 changes

I listened to the Ride home last night. Did I hear correctly that speed weeks will be changing a bunch next year ? Obviously no East Bay but I got the vibe that that other tracks may be changing schedules or reducing race nights. Any more thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I listened to the Ride home last night. Did I hear correctly that speed weeks will be changing a bunch next year ? Obviously no East Bay but I got the vibe that that other tracks may be changing schedules or reducing race nights. Any more thoughts on this?
    I'd assume that the EB week will be filled by some track that already has races. That alone should make the schedule a lot different. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd assume that the EB week will be filled by some track that already has races. That alone should make the schedule a lot different. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
    I hope you are right. I hope another track jumps in and gets a plan going. Also is Lucas Oil going to do something to push for another track now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Maybe they'll move The Super Bowl of Racing to the actual week before the Super Bowl.

According to Bubba Clem, Lucas Oil wants to split the East Bay week up between Ocala, All-Tech, and Golden Isles.

I look for the races to be weekend only shows. Thurs, Fri, Sat shows. We might see a couple mid week races with makeups. I could be wrong, and hope I am.

Just tv observation bit wasn't impressed with Ocala, thought all tec races well and volusia is always the same consistently. I can certainly say I'm happy with bucket list east bay racing and even though biased because always enjoyed what seen on TV etc of eastbay, I think it's by far the best joint in speedweek. It's tight action packed real local Saturday night looking racing not the boredom of other bigger tracks.

Is there anything that can race with such fun in Florida?

Was thinking future trip would be a catch maybe Ocala and volusia since drive isn't horrible between. Will the WWS take the eastbay alure just be in January?

Screven. The joint has a fabulous surface and can and will produce excellent racing. Problem is the facilities need a lot of work and the guy that owns the place marches to his own beat. They have no clue what time management means. Plenty of accommodations nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I look for the races to be weekend only shows. Thurs, Fri, Sat shows. We might see a couple mid week races with makeups. I could be wrong, and hope I am.
    I could see that making sense, if most of the crowd is local. I'm not sure that's the case though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Look for Ocala, All-tech and Golden isle to split it up and push it back to after Volusia.

I vote for 5 nites Ocala, 1 apiece for Alltech and GIS!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Screven. The joint has a fabulous surface and can and will produce excellent racing. Problem is the facilities need a lot of work and the guy that owns the place marches to his own beat. They have no clue what time management means. Plenty of accommodations nearby.

Bet.

It can be done easily. He races what he races because racers and fans want that content.

But a 2 or 3 division program is entirely possible with the right program. BTW the LM features were done before 11 each night this year.

3 nites at each track. 9 each for Lucas and Woo. No overlap.

That's the track that could have the best racing in itself, over the others.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Cover the 3/8 mile in Bradenton with dirt & race it all week long...

When were you last there?

Which facilities are you saying need work?

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    That's the track that could have the best racing in itself, over the others.
    Screven is underrated as a track. The surface can hold up pretty well and the one end, 1&2, IIRC, is a bit technical.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Screven can handle the crowds. The surface can handle the power.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I've been to Screven, Golden Isles, All Tech and Ocala. I've also been to East Bay over 20 times. Spending a week in Tampa is a no brainer with tons of non racing options available throughout the week. Spending a week in Lake City, Ocala, Savannah or the Brunswick areas is not going to happen. I'll do the Daytona area next year and hit Volusia all week and spend the balance of my time there doing beach things. Lucas Oil Winter Nationals has just taken a big step backwards. People need to remember that Volusia was struggling big time when WRG stepped up and bought the place. Improvements there are quite apparent. Lucas should have stepped up and made an offer to Al when rumors of the sale started. Could Lucas out bid Mosaic, probably not. Would Al have taken a little less to keep it a track, maybe but we'll never know.

Bleedblue: Post of THE YEAR so far.