Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

^^^ agree with your assessment of the tracks.
    But why would Lucas want to purchase East Bay for 6 nights of racing per year?
    The track looses $$ except for January/February. Facilities haven’t been upgraded since the announcement of the sale. For Lucas week: lack of parking is a big issue.
    Al is 65 years old and is retiring to Georgia with his grandchildren.

Speedweeks will never be the same but change is inevitable as much as we hate it.
    Runouts are the Lucas races will be after Daytona 500/ Volusia races.
    We all hate East Bay closing but let’s hope for the best in whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I've been to Screven, Golden Isles, All Tech and Ocala. I've also been to East Bay over 20 times. Spending a week in Tampa is a no brainer with tons of non racing options available throughout the week. Spending a week in Lake City, Ocala, Savannah or the Brunswick areas is not going to happen. I'll do the Daytona area next year and hit Volusia all week and spend the balance of my time there doing beach things. Lucas Oil Winter Nationals has just taken a big step backwards. People need to remember that Volusia was struggling big time when WRG stepped up and bought the place. Improvements there are quite apparent. Lucas should have stepped up and made an offer to Al when rumors of the sale started. Could Lucas out bid Mosaic, probably not. Would Al have taken a little less to keep it a track, maybe but we'll never know.
    I agree that WRG and Volusia will wind up being the winners here.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1