Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Trump’s comments on NATO and Russia stir international backlash

Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

So sad to see yet another hit piece by one of the usual suspects. PBS. You trust PBS?????

NATO should pay for their share for the defense. Trump is right, again.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I will trust PBS a lot more than your source Gateway Pundit or Fox's trash. Please tell me how it's a hit job when they are recording what your cult(rapist) leader is saying out of his own mouth live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XextMjMotn4
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Liberals don’t understand that people should pay for services rendered….they think they shouldn’t have to pay at all, someone else will.

Sound familiar SS?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Still an idiotic thing to say for the record…..true Friends help true friends, the world knows that.

Stupid comment!

More in-depth and factual info here.

Fact-checking Trump’s comments urging Russia to invade ‘delinquent’ NATO members - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...t-nato-members

Barbecueboy, If you read what I posted in the link above ---- Not sure Trump even knows how NATO works.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    NATO should pay for their share for the defense.
    That’s not how it works. Read the link I posted for further explanation that is unbiased.

BBQ posted : true Friends help true friends, the world knows that.

Not what your cult(rapist) leader said. You don't kneel for the king I will ENCOURAGE them to do whatever the hell they want. With Friend like that who needs friends!

You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’” Trump recounted saying. “‘No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.’”

Its that R-word, liberals hate..........RESPONSIBILTY!

Its that R-word, republican can't deny ......... Rapist!!!!

HOW IS NATO FUNDED?
    Trump has often accused other NATO members of not paying their dues, giving the impression that the alliance is like a club with membership fees.
    But NATO operates differently. It has some common funds, to which all members contribute. But the vast bulk of its strength comes from members' own national defence spending - to maintain forces and buy arms that can also be used by NATO.
    However, NATO members have committed to spending at least 2% of their Gross Domestic Product (GDP) every year on defence - and most of them did not meet that goal last year.
    HOW MANY NATO MEMBERS MEET THE DEFENCE SPENDING TARGET?
    According to NATO estimates, opens new tab from July last year, 11 members were expected to meet the 2% target in 2023. Those members were Poland, the United States, Greece, Estonia, Lithuania, Finland, Romania, Hungary, Latvia, Britain and Slovakia.
    Germany, Europe's economic heavyweight, was estimated at 1.57%. But German officials have said they expect to meet the 2% target this year, partly thanks to a special 1-billion-euro fund established in response to Russia's war in Ukraine.
    The lowest spenders as a share of national GDP were Spain, Belgium and Luxembourg, according to the NATO figures.
    NATO is expected to release updated figures in the coming days that will show more allies meeting the 2% target, according to people familiar with the data.

https://www.reuters.com/world/what-d...-5-2024-02-12/

My leader lives in heaven SS, you should try it………..and we’ve discussed this ad nauseam, not real sure why the comprehension escapes you here.
    Thought you union guys liked to listen and follow along.

BBQ, I laugh every time you bring up the union because I know you have nothing else debate over, and you have lost the debate. BBQ have a nice day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    I will trust PBS a lot more than your source Gateway Pundit or Fox's trash. Please tell me how it's a hit job when they are recording what your cult(rapist) leader is saying out of his own mouth live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XextMjMotn4
    You are a lost cause. An honest Gateway Pundit you hate. PBS ran by Marxist's and Globalistsyou like.

I get it, Comrad....

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    BBQ, I laugh every time you bring up the union because I know you have nothing else debate over, and you have lost the debate. BBQ have a nice day at work.
    The debate is( well not really) that trump is my leader……we’ve discussed this over and over and I can’t understand why that logic escapes you.
    I only bring up the union to remind you of your weak minded training and follow along even though you know it’s wrong mentality…..works every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    You are a lost cause. An honest Gateway Pundit you hate. PBS ran by Marxist's and Globalistsyou like.

I get it, Comrad....
    Dude trusted crooked bosses and poor union leaders for years while being indoctrinated, to be sure you don’t expect him to bite the hand feeding him now and admit he’s wrong.

It’s not what they do CW.

lurker, how does it work then. The US pays their share by proportion. And the others or some of the others don't. Yes that is how it's been working, until seven years ago. Now they are back to letting the US pay most of the tab.

ss you are so clueless. Why not spent time being objective, and searching for reality?

Forget it, Google won't allow that.

It is not wrong to point out that aspects of the NATO membership were rooted in the Cold War and somewhat antiquated to the modern world. It is also not wrong to point out that many NATO members have long been missing out on pulling their own weight in regards to funding.

Prior to 1991 and the fall of the former Soviet Union the United States typically spent no less than 3% of GDP and often as much as 5% of GDP on defense spending while many NATO members were way below that. Only Poland right now spends about 3.8%. Good for Poland.

Once I was at bar for one of my pool nights and we guys were talking about some nonsense that had to do with the irrelevance of the Nobel Prize as it was becoming a mere virtue signal. An over-colleged female bartender piped in and said, "Well, at least they have free health care in Norway."

I said, "Yup, they do. They have a population of little over 5 million. There are probably more people in the US who identify as Norwegian/American than there are actual Norwegians. They are an oil and mineral rich nation that doesn't share a border with a second or third world nation so they have no problem with illegal immigration (at that time). The average US worker works over 1800 hours per year while the average Norwegian works about 1300. While they are a long standing NATO member they only spend about 1% of GDP on defense while we spend nearly 5% (at that time). We've basically protected there @ss since 1949 and paid for a good chunk of it with our hard work and taxes. So yes, they can provide health care to their 5 million people. But I have yet to see what a Norwegian carrier battle group looks like when they have to respond to a major defense problem."

She went back to schlepping drinks.

The same can be said for a lot of the other member states. Plus, dangling that carrot of membership to Ukraine should have never happened.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.