Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good morning BBQ, thanks to my union job that God blessed me with I'll be enjoying another day of retirement. Just to let you know I did pay a percentage of my check to pay for my pension. You just keep working and crying about unions and I will just keep enjoying my retirement.

BBQ, Have a nice day at work!!
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Was a smart move to put percentages of your check towards your pension like that….just think of how much more fun you would be having if you could have put all your wasted monthly due money into that same pension account?
    We have this little 401 retirement thingy that works pretty well on the un indoctrinated side of the work/retirement equation….didn’t have to pay anybody to clock in once and at last glance in the account I think we should b able to scratch out a meager existence if we catch all the sales🤣🤘when we become professional grandparents pretty soon.
    And for the record, also discussed to a puking point……the union chatter only rivals and is commiserate to the trump nonsense you insist on forcing down everyone’s throat.Both about equal in accuracy and substance…..wouldn’t you say?
    Enjoy island time while you can….some of us know what that is all the time, even though a little work on it is involved.👊
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Spoiler alert I also invested in a retirement plan like a 401k. So, the wife and I have both. The retirement plan we will never have to touch. I guess the children will get it. All of the union dues I have ever paid into was all paid in full with my 1st pension check. The Island is fine for the winter, but I wouldn't want to live here all of the time. As far as the union chatter, I'm not the one who keeps bring it up. If you don't want to talk about unions quit bringing it up. As far as Cult45 I will keep bring it up because it is an election year. If you don't want to read my post, just put me on your ignore list. I know you won't because I give you something to post about. It's all about the entertainment. You have a good day at work, and I mean that in a positive way.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Spoiler alert I also invested in a retirement plan like a 401k. So, the wife and I have both. The retirement plan we will never have to touch. I guess the children will get it. All of the union dues I have ever paid into was all paid in full with my 1st pension check. The Island is fine for the winter, but I wouldn't want to live here all of the time. As far as the union chatter, I'm not the one who keeps bring it up. If you don't want to talk about unions quit bringing it up. As far as Cult45 I will keep bring it up because it is an election year. If you don't want to read my post, just put me on your ignore list. I know you won't because I give you something to post about. It's all about the entertainment. You have a good day at work, and I mean that in a positive way.
    If you are doing so well, why don't you invest in a racecar and get out to the races instead of laying around on the computer ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    If you are doing so well, why don't you invest in a racecar and get out to the races instead of laying around on the computer ? LOL
    ss having a brain transplant would be a great investment.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Raceready the answer to your questions is WIFE

You don’t get to make those rules SS….The deal was, you calm down with the Trump ridiculous chatter that nobody but you care about and I’ll stop with the union chatter that (spoiler alert) only you care about and respond too.

The entertainment value is pretty good pointing out the similarities of two dinosaurs that should be extinct but aren’t…..I think I’ll continue as long as you do. Fair enough? I’ve certainly got plenty of union material to pick from.

And like a 401k and an actual 401k are completely different…..somehow I feel like you are spinning this to fit a narrative, but it’s just a guess.
    The islanders will be happy to have taken your money during the winter when it’s slow, they want you to leave…..enjoy the rest of your time there but ask around.

And all the dues you paid your whole life was reimbursed with your first pension check?

Lie much? We all kinda know what the dues are or should be and can take an educated guess at what a lifetime of those would be collectively since most of us have a formal education and can do simple math……I’m calling BS, prove me wrong please.

I do not have to lie I'm just giving the facts that YOU can't handle. My 1st pension check paid for every union due that I ever paid in my life. And my retirement or 401k plan whatever you want to call it has plenty of money in it. I have been working with a financial advisor for decades so I could be in the position that I'm in now. Mom always told me don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Quit being a hater on someone who has went to work every day, worked all of the overtime I could, worked holidays, worked part-time jobs and did whatever it took to get ahead in life. Nobody gave me anything I earned the hard way. I went out and worked my rear off. Every boss that I ever had would hire me back today.

I do not have to lie I'm just giving the facts that YOU can't handle. My 1st pension check paid for every union due that I ever paid in my life. And my retirement or 401k plan whatever you want to call it has plenty of money in it. I have been working with a financial advisor for decades so I could be in the position that I'm in now. Mom always told me don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Quit being a hater on someone who has went to work every day, worked all of the overtime I could, worked holidays, worked part-time jobs and did whatever it took to get ahead in life. Nobody gave me anything I earned the hard way. I went out and worked my rear off. Every boss that I ever had would hire me back today.
    It’s not you sir that gets hated on…..it’s the union culture that ass rapes almost every end user consumer of almost anything built,touched or managed by a union shop…..Great that you worked hard, great that you were smart enough to invest like you should and even greater that you and your bride can retire like you should.
    Many many of us will do that without having to pay the fee to do it….but no, your first pension check did not cover 25 years of union dues. Just stop it.

You say trump sux, I say the unions sux even worse for those that are end users of their marginally made overpriced products and services……and I promise, I have much more material to pick from on unions suking than you do with trump suking.

You bring up trump examples of nonsense , I bring up union examples of the same….it’s pretty easy and always hits that nerve you try to keep in check.

And ya know what, I’ll go ahead and say that same congratulations to everyone that did it like you did with hard work and smarts.

But the other 90% of the shovel leaners in your group give the union a horrible name….just sayin.

BBQ first of all I paid union dues for 31 years not 25. Again, I don't have to lie when it comes to unions. Yes my first pension check paid for all of the union dues I ever paid for and that's a fact. And as far as more material on unions when are you going to start using it? You have been parroting the same thing for the last 5 years, nothing new, the same old story. Union sucks, they make lousy product, they all are lazy, and they drive the cost up. Is that what you have been program to say? Cult45 will supply me new material every day!!

BBQ first of all I paid union dues for 31 years not 25. Again, I don't have to lie when it comes to unions. Yes my first pension check paid for all of the union dues I ever paid for and that's a fact. And as far as more material on unions when are you going to start using it? You have been parroting the same thing for the last 5 years, nothing new, the same old story. Union sucks, they make lousy product, they all are lazy, and they drive the cost up. Is that what you have been program to say? Cult45 will supply me new material every day!!
    I'm sure the Dem party loves you so much for your contributions. It's a win, win situation for you like minded Marxists!!!! Yaaahooooo!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Buford are you needing some loving? Happy Valentines Day

Cool

Raceready the answer to your questions is WIFE
    So, The man of the house wears a dress ?

Happy Wife Happy life believe me she has let me have plenty of toys through my life. It's her turn to have some the finder thing of life. What she has put of with, I owe her that. Every weekend at a racetrack for over 25 years.

Exclamation

Happy Wife Happy life believe me she has let me have plenty of toys through my life. It's her turn to have some the finder thing of life. What she has put of with, I owe her that. Every weekend at a racetrack for over 25 years.
    Thats all well and good but has she the common sense to vote straight party Republican ?

I didn’t say it would be new material, just lots and lots of it…….kind of like Groundhog Day.
    Everything you brought up about union material is true…..inferior product,promote laziness and apathy at work,drive prices up unnecessarily and the like…….oh and let’s not forget about walking out when they feel threatened with accountability.
    Nothing new, just piles and piles and piles of examples of why they suk.
    The only folks that think unions are good are the folks that are in them….kind of like gangs and rogue governments in third world countries.( all of those members love it while everyone else feels the pain they cause)

BBQ, you got fired from a union job for being lazy!

The closest thing I’ve ever had to a union job was from a girl that was a union worker at a rubber sheeting factory in PA named Ellen…..Sorry chief, never been fired from anything….also never walked out on a job, never asked a subordinate to do something I wasn’t doing just because they were my subordinate, never “ borrowed” anything that didn’t belong to me from a job site and never paid to clock into work one single time in my life.
    But man I do remember Ellen…..She wasn’t lazy at all.