Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volusia

Default Volusia

The USAC non-wing cars are racier than the Dirt-Car late models. After a lap or two, the late model heats are a parade.

aero on lms needs reduced big time
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    The USAC non-wing cars are racier than the Dirt-Car late models. After a lap or two, the late model heats are a parade.
    non wings race so much better than winged cars, id rather see a week of them than the big block mods

Absolutely. Taking the wing of a sprinter makes the racing a ton better. Taking the “built in” wings off a late model would do the same for them.

You all are 100% correct. Apparently, the powers that can act are blind. Even going back 10 years on the nose would be a start
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

NON Wing Sprints are where talent comes out to shine. I like all forms of racing, but when you can wheel one of these and win, You can wheel anything. See Stewart, Larson, Gordon and Bell just for starters. Of course there are a few from earlier, who can do it all too

Well said, TS FAN.

Their is a ton of young talent in the open wheel world right now. Wing and non wing. Corey Day, Zeb Wise, and my personal fave, Emerson Axom are just a few.
    8/13/16

Watching non wings can really suck unless the series has plenty of push cars i

Lots of talent in the open wheel ranks. Watched the High Limit last night from Eastbay.

The non-wings generally are racier than the winged cars. With that being said, the best sprint car races are flat out awesome.
    Last edited by fryefan; 02-14-2024 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You all are 100% correct. Apparently, the powers that can act are blind. Even going back 10 years on the nose would be a start
    I do not think they have any interest in fixing it. They seem to base their success by how many tickets and streaming subscriptions are sold.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I do not think they have any interest in fixing it. They seem to base their success by how many tickets and streaming subscriptions are sold.
    They won't notice anything is amiss untill its far too late, they behave just like a government.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Some of on here are old enough to remember when DLM’s raced as competitively as non-wing sprint cars.

We have our own thread on Indiana Open Wheel.

Opinions on USAC From Late Model Fans - https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=125109

19 out of 23 national tour races have been won from the first two rows. 4 out of 5 Bobby Pierce wins were from the front row and all of Hudson O'Neal wins have been from the front. I make fun of NASCAR rules making their way to dirt all the time but at least you're not all but guaranteed a win if you start in the first 4.

Daum went over the fence and nearly into the parking lot last nite at Bubba's!

You can see the replay at USAC Racing's fb page!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Daum went over the fence and nearly into the parking lot last nite at Bubba's!

You can see the replay at USAC Racing's fb page!
    He put a hurtin on the guard rail when he went out.
    8/13/16

Two different cars went yard at Ocala last night. I dig non-wing stuff way more than I dig winged cars, but they do have a propensity to have a few flips a night, and a lot of them are pretty wild.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Last night the dirt LM really put on a show and the front row starters all but disappeared. As for winning too often from the front row, this is true. How do you fix it? Invert more cars. Will it happen? Nope.

In the old days the fastest cars started on the tail in the feature. This is what made it seem like the racing was more competitive and it was fun to watch. Never happen any more. Too much money invested in every part of the sport. At least some of your bigger events make things a lot more interesting. World 100, Florence N/S are two that makes it tricky to land on the front row. I like it.