Thread: Ricky

Default Ricky

Can't believe more people aren't talking about this.

Ricky had a couple incidents last night, one with Moran in the first feature and then later on with Bruening (a lapped car), Thoughts on last nights incidents? Was it hard racing, RT too agresssive? Was Bruening at fault? It looked like he got door slammed the lap prior.

Are guys tired of him winning or driving aggressive? Generally would like to hear thoughts because I'm not sure what to call it.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 02-15-2024 at 10:27 AM.

id have to imagine bruenings frustration started before last night but sent him over the edge. Then when he was about to get it back under control marlar came in with the skyline 1-2 punch lol. i dont have an issue with aggression but dont be surprised when it comes back

Don't have Dirtvision and only see a little bit on Dod. I wondered the same thing Pennsboro. Has he been getting roughed up? He hasn't seemed to qualify up front lately. That doesn't help his cause in today's late model world.
    8/13/16

There is a reason why he’s called Wrecky by a bunch of the pits.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    id have to imagine bruenings frustration started before last night but sent him over the edge. Then when he was about to get it back under control marlar came in with the skyline 1-2 punch lol. i dont have an issue with aggression but dont be surprised when it comes back
    Wasn't it at Golden Isles where Thorton took Marlar up the track close to the wall when Marlar was going to pass him for the lead and then Davenport passed them both and then Thorton almost spun out Davenport while Davenport was leading. So for Marlar last night, that was probably the start of payback to Thorton which Thorton deserves and from not just from Marlar but a punch of drivers. Other drivers are getting tired of these types of dirty moves, sliders and such that Thorton and also Bobby Pierce use.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Wasn't it at Golden Isles where Thorton took Marlar up the track close to the wall when Marlar was going to pass him for the lead and then Davenport passed them both and then Thorton almost spun out Davenport while Davenport was leading. So for Marlar last night, that was probably the start of payback to Thorton which Thorton deserves and from not just from Marlar but a punch of drivers. Other drivers are getting tired of these types of dirty moves, sliders and such that Thorton and also Bobby Pierce use.
    I can see that. I didnt care for his favoritism excuse at Golden Isles and acting like the move at the finish was all that happened. Oh sweet karma.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Thornton and Pierce both through a bunch of half @ssed sliders last year, you have two choices stay in it and get drove into the wall like Thornton did to Marlar or get out of it and let them pass you, neither is a very attractive option but Pierce and Thornton both won a ton of races last year that way

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MIdlmfan View Post
    Thornton and Pierce both through a bunch of half @ssed sliders last year, you have two choices stay in it and get drove into the wall like Thornton did to Marlar or get out of it and let them pass you, neither is a very attractive option but Pierce and Thornton both won a ton of races last year that way
    And that's why it wouldn't surprise me is the reason Marlar leaned on Thorton and got him over the cushion the other night. Like the old saying goes "whats good for the goose is good for the gander".

Oh . . . . the sour grapes!

And that's why it wouldn't surprise me is the reason Marlar leaned on Thorton and got him over the cushion the other night. Like the old saying goes "whats good for the goose is good for the gander".
    Marlar owes Madden one after last night. Madden ran him over the cushion and off the track and then acted like his usual Madden self in the post race interview.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

All you need to know about Madden being confronted.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Marlar owes Madden one after last night. Madden ran him over the cushion and off the track and then acted like his usual Madden self in the post race interview.
    He’d still be crying if the roles were reversed. Also kudos to Ben, he asks a lot of good questions in the post race interviews.

Ricky is racing a lot more aggressive this year so far. He has been his own worse enemy a lot of the time. Last year his car was magic the last part of the race, he would sail right by everyone. I thought that was really amazing. Hasn't been the case this year so far and he is doing what often happens when drivers are used to winning a certain way, and the car says no.

OVER DRIVING THE CAR.

BTW didn't care for the move Madden made on Marler last night, but you see that sort of thing from time to time. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Totally agree.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    All you need to know about Madden being confronted.
    One would have to admit that Overton wasn't intimidated in the least bit with Maddens mouth. Lets go Brandon ! !