Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They were found guilty by the chemical analysis.
    (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)! I wonder if there are more announcements coming.

You can get Chemical from the tracks water truck. Or from a motor blown from another racecar. So many defferent ways of getting chemicals that will not let you pass a tire test. I believe there is a lot more going on here then we know. If this stands i will NOT SUPPORT a Lucas race again. These are the hardest working drivers in racing getting a bad name. Not good for our sport for sure. Any buddy could get a chemical on anyone's tires if they wanted or did.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtluver View Post
    You can get Chemical from the tracks water truck. Or from a motor blown from another racecar. So many defferent ways of getting chemicals that will not let you pass a tire test. I believe there is a lot more going on here then we know. If this stands i will NOT SUPPORT a Lucas race again. These are the hardest working drivers in racing getting a bad name. Not good for our sport for sure. Any buddy could get a chemical on anyone's tires if they wanted or did.
    WoO suspends drivers so you boycott Lucas. Sadly that sounds exactly like typical 4m logic.

The track and WOO have rules and simply followed them. If you allow illegal tires to pass then it is not fair to those that were legal.

It's so hard to gain an advantage and tire tampering has been going on forever now.

Does a driver know this happens? My guess is yes, most of the time. In some cases they may not.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    The track and WOO have rules and simply followed them. If you allow illegal tires to pass then it is not fair to those that were legal.

It's so hard to gain an advantage and tire tampering has been going on forever now.

Does a driver know this happens? My guess is yes, most of the time. In some cases they may not.
    So a guy whoops everyone last year and apparently passed all tire tests in the process, but this year thinks "gee, I should dope my tires to be able to compete" come on!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    So a guy whoops everyone last year and apparently passed all tire tests in the process, but this year thinks "gee, I should dope my tires to be able to compete" come on!
    And folks this is what common sense looks like.

Yea I have to agree, I smell a rat.

Tire rule, lol……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    I dont believe pierce...bronson...or moran doped their tires...everyone has a right to their own opinion but n
    knowing the pierce family as long as I have there is no way they doped tires....PERIOD
    I said the same thing about my man jimmy o a few years back , Oh well , it is what it is ......

It's more likely it was occurring and the test finally caught up.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's more likely it was occurring and the test finally caught up.
    Does WRG do random testing of tires straight from hoosier? Point being, using 1 tire from "lot A" to set a benchmark for all others doesn't really sound like good science to me. Seems they are holding the drivers to a standard that the manufacturer may not even be held to. Not making excuses, I just don't believe this is the exact science many people believe it is. One Series & one lab doing all the DQing looks suspect to me. Do these guys only cheat in WRG and not Lucas? lol

So you can't soak them tars in the WoO?

Does WRG do random testing of tires straight from hoosier? Point being, using 1 tire from "lot A" to set a benchmark for all others doesn't really sound like good science to me. Seems they are holding the drivers to a standard that the manufacturer may not even be held to. Not making excuses, I just don't believe this is the exact science many people believe it is. One Series & one lab doing all the DQing looks suspect to me. Do these guys only cheat in WRG and not Lucas? lol
    I was shown some stuff a while back that leads me to believe the testing is much better than I originally thought. I don't know all the thresholds for pass/fail, but in the case of the failure I was shown, it was a no brainer that chemicals were added to the tire. Mass spectrometry shows everything that is gasing off. Something with a little different amount of a compound would be one thing. When you have a bunch of a compound that does not belong in the tires, that a whole new ballgame.

No one ever shares their results when they fail. It would tell a lot. They just keep the data in the shadows and say they were screwed.

It would be possible have your own tests conducted from the tire in question and have the same type of test done to determine the exact foreign matter. No one ever does this and talks about the results. It's science. It isn't magic.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-13-2024 at 02:53 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I said the same thing about my man jimmy o a few years back , Oh well , it is what it is ......
    I thought the same thing with Feger years ago. And his was the right front tire. I know you lean on the right front but would expect it to be the right rear if cheated up. Who knows.
    8/13/16

It would be interesting to know if the serial numbers on the tires of the three that tested positive, were close in production run order. Possibly an aberration from the benchmark at the beginning or end of a run. I certainly don't know the blending process for the rubber compound, but could be variations of sorts. Good thought above about whether or not Hoosier tests several tires per batch vs the benchmark before releasing the run for sale.

No way we will ever know if it was deliberate or accidental or whatever. People are going to have their own opinions of that.

Myself, I fall with it doesn't make much sense for someone who last year won 34 times and was tested many more for podium finishes, would decide "Hey, we need to cheat up some tires."

Who knows?

There’s some tire dope out there that gives the car infinite grip and doesn’t “soften” the tire.
    If you applied it on the rear tires and not the fronts, it would throw off the balance of the car and absolutely wouldn’t turn.

If you didn’t plastic wrap your tires it would stink up your trailer. Hence the reason everyone shrink wraps tires.

For $200 you can be like Bobby, Kyle, Devin, and the rest of the field.

King1, I was just talking to a guy about that very thing. More than one reason to wrap your tires.

Naive people think that it somehow protects the tire. The people in the know wrap their tires to keep the tire prep on the tire and keep it from bleeding out and keep it from stinking up the trailer.

First time I used it, we opened the trailer door and the smell would knock you down, it smelled like a burnt up electric motor. After that, when we did use it, we wrapped our tires.

Sent a guy to the dollar store to buy dryer sheets then put dryer sheets on the back of the drum fan in the trailer. The trailer smelled like linen after that.

Quote Originally Posted by King1 View Post
    Naive people think that it somehow protects the tire. The people in the know wrap their tires to keep the tire prep on the tire and keep it from bleeding out and keep it from stinking up the trailer.

First time I used it, we opened the trailer door and the smell would knock you down, it smelled like a burnt up electric motor. After that, when we did use it, we wrapped our tires.

Sent a guy to the dollar store to buy dryer sheets then put dryer sheets on the back of the drum fan in the trailer. The trailer smelled like linen after that.
    Did it make a big difference when you did use it or was it one of those because others were doing it

I used it because a competitor rolled out one night and went .750 faster than I did in qual and was untouchable in the race until his tires died and spun out of the lead. Mind you we were are 1600’s on the back and open on the front. I suspected something because 1600’s don’t give up in a 25 lap race, even if you cut them aggressively.

Found out he was getting some from kinzer and an open wheel guy hooked me up with a guy in Newport TN. Sold me a gallon of clear (smelled like acetone) and a gallon of grip (dark green, very opaque, and smelled like a burnt electric motor)

Instructions were to apply a coat of clear each day until race day and then apply 2 coats of grip on the back tires on a 1 coat on the front.

The car felt like it had 1200’s on, didn’t soften so it passed durometer test, and NEVER showed signs of going away in the race. It was nuts.

Competitor and myself eventually had a conversation behind closed doors, we agreed to stop doping tires after a few weeks of it and qual times and race laps went back to normal.