Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Let the crying began.
    You misspelled Laughing.

Lurker poster: I’m still cracking up over --- but, but, but, “I didn’t post that”

Lurker you know what I meant you took it out I text. You didn't post the whole post. You try to make it seem like I was referring to me when I wasn't.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Lurker this came from the link you supplied.

The number of union members, meanwhile, ticked higher for a second year, to 14.4 million, but the fact that overall employment among wage and salary workers rose faster resulted in a further decline in the membership rate.
    "Although union density remained flat in 2023, that doesn’t reflect the surging momentum that working people have carried into this year," AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler said in a statement. "Waves of workers across industries and geography are joining unions despite vicious union-busting campaigns by large corporations."

The increase in union members was entirely the result of the continued climb in organized labor participation by non-whites. Black union membership increased by 122,000 to the highest in two decades while Latino membership rose by 127,000 to the highest since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking it in 2000. White and Asian union membership fell.

keep hating on the American Work force!
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Default Post 62

Pot meet kettle…….hypocrite much?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think he’s hating on the pandering union culture……not so much the few good workers that work there anyway.
    Just a guess.

Good morning BBQ, my 86-year-old Mother -in-law works at a donut shop 3 days a week. She said she enjoys getting out talking to people. She also like to gamble, and this just gives her extra money to gamble. At 86 if you want to work and spend your money on gambling go ahead.

The American workforce is mainly non union ss, we are not hating that majority at all.

So hypocritical of the DEM party to act like they are supporting unions while on the otherhand bringing in millions of illegals who will work for so little.

Bottom line is big tech and big business are trying to eliminate these unions fools in the future with AI.

I would wager that a vast majority of people in unions vote Democrat. They never learn reality.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Good morning BBQ, my 86-year-old Mother -in-law works at a donut shop 3 days a week. She said she enjoys getting out talking to people. She also like to gamble, and this just gives her extra money to gamble. At 86 if you want to work and spend your money on gambling go ahead.
    Not sure why you’re telling me this but that’s pretty cool….my mom is 82 and likes to do the same things. She doesn’t work anymore, she hangs out with her friends around the pool or cabana and they go out on the gambling boats close by.

Mom never paid to clock in either.

Thumbs up

^^ That is great to find out that she wasn't a slave to union dues as sheep are to the slaughter ! ^^

Didnt I see where the UAW gave 45k to the Republican Party for the first time in 40 years......oh wait!

Wonder what theyre "scared" of?

ss12, next time you post and its in 3rd person, please try to be more clear.

I think he cuts and pastes in third person too🤡

You’ll have that with Union indoctrinated slugs. Probably not in the Union curriculum or paid for by Union dues.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    ……not so much the few good workers that work there anyway.
    That line has me thinking.

You think ol’ ss12 was as above reproach in the Union jobs he’s had, as he says/posts he is? Or was he just “one of the good ol’ boys” in the “club” like most of his posts read out to be?

If I were to guess I’d say somewhere in the middle…….He doesn’t seem like the typical union shovel leaner or smoke break captain but judging by his posts touting that culture he does seem the type to take every advantage of said gang culture.

I guess if I were to put it terms he could understand as to the answer to your question…….he’s the tallest midget or the skinniest fat guy in that equation.

I'm just an old hardworking man who worked his a$$ since I was 15 years old. Worked weekend, holidays, part-time jobs to help support my family. Never needed a handout did it all on my own. Grew up in area were 90% of the good jobs were unions. Parents, grandparents all had union jobs. Now I'm out in the pasture enjoying what life I have left that God grants me. Living the American dream.

Living the American Dream?????That's a hoot. Just what is your concept of the American Dream?

A Marxist puppet dictator calling the shots and deconstructing the REAL American Dream?

You meant to say "Living the Demise of the American Dream" surely!!!

I don't beleive Lincoln, Washington, and the early American constructors would call what you're living as the American Dream.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Hope you don’t mind that I “Quote” just what is needed.

I'm just an old hardworking man who worked his a$$ since I was 15 years old.
    I know you like to be braggadocios when referring to your self in first person life’s lessons and such. But, I’d gather a lot of us on here from that/our generation worked our a$$’s off since we were young too. Two jobs, nights, thirds, weekends, and holidays, like you. Yah’ I get it.

That said, I’d gather a lot of us on here never had to Pay to clock in either.

But you know what? If a Union area job market was all you were dealt, then that’s all you were dealt and you Pay to clock in.

Question for you though, you always had the option of moving to another area of the Country or continuing to further your education or skilled trade. Why didn’t you?

Myself? I took the skilled trade path in school, then moved up North a few years later. Spread my wings to an office job for a few years, hated it, then went back to my skilled trades. Worked my a$$ off doing that for years, then recently fell into and took a great opportunity for a pre-retirement job that sets me up very well looking down the road.

In short, I guess we all have different paths for jobs in life.
    Last edited by lurker; 03-02-2024 at 10:39 AM.

I'm just an old hardworking man who worked his a$$ since I was 15 years old. Worked weekend, holidays, part-time jobs to help support my family. Never needed a handout did it all on my own. Grew up in area were 90% of the good jobs were unions. Parents, grandparents all had union jobs. Now I'm out in the pasture enjoying what life I have left that God grants me. Living the American dream.
    Can’t hate on that at all brother…..we all have different paths to get to where we want or need to be.
    I have strong opinions overall about union fleecing, you have strong opinions about working stiffs and entrepreneurial non union spirit. We can agree to disagree……murica.

Lurker, I retired when I was 50 with full benefits. That right there made worth every penny that I paid union dues for. I didn't need a pre-retirement job. Keep trying to convince yourself that paying union dues suk. You can quit trying to convince me how better off you are because you didn't pay union dues. Who's the one that had to work after he turned 50? The guy who didn't pay union dues.

Lurker in all honesty I hope someday you get to retire soon, and you get to have a long retirement life.