Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Pennsboro Speedway (WV) - Track work being done. Update.

Pennsboro Speedway (WV) - Track work being done.

Pictures were posted about 2 hours ago on the tracks Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pennsboromagic

According to them they are widening the track as part of the track construction and facility updates.

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-22-2024 at 07:00 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

That is one unique looking bridge. It looks like it has been added on to, and added on to, and fixed, and fixed, a few times before. Now they are going to widen it and make it safer I would assume?
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

What kind of grass do they have in WV that is already green this time of year? Are those pictures current or from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    What kind of grass do they have in WV that is already green this time of year? Are those pictures current or from last year?

The pictures are Current. These pictures were posted yesterday on the tracks Facebook page.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Def was yesterday. Been a warmer than normal winter.

What are the estimated costs to bring Pennsboro back to a viable racing speedway? Quite the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    What are the estimated costs to bring Pennsboro back to a viable racing speedway? Quite the investment.
    Pennsboro in it's heyday was basically a $hithole. No parking, no restroom facilities, no consession facility, very little permanent seating. Todays crowd wouldn't tolerate what people put up with back then. Running the dozer around is good. Now if they'd pack it, water it, and spread tons of calcium chloride they would already have a viable speedway judged by the standards of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Pennsboro in it's heyday was basically a $hithole. No parking, no restroom facilities, no consession facility, very little permanent seating. Todays crowd wouldn't tolerate what people put up with back then. Running the dozer around is good. Now if they'd pack it, water it, and spread tons of calcium chloride they would already have a viable speedway judged by the standards of the past.
    Yep. I'm trying to figure out how/where they gonna park the haulers of today. Figure-out a way to stack the stackers? I remember getting a ticket for parking along the road. Wasn't any other place to park. While it sucked, never missed a race for number of years.

Those bridges scare the hell out of me from the overhead view I saw…..assuming they will widen them/replace them?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs up

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-24-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Pictures posted over the last day or so.

Posted this morning with snow on the ground around the track.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

never went to pennsboro but the history is inescapable almost as many legendary stories from that place as eldora. very sceptical of XR based on lofty goals and past history.

but i would really like to see this succeed. not because i think the old pennsboro magic will be revived. but it beats the hell out of watching another track close.
    Last edited by klemmabyna; 02-24-2024 at 10:48 PM.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Pictures posted over the last day or so.

Posted this morning with snow on the ground around the track.

Thanks Nate…..for a flatlander like me that doesn’t see much of it that shot of WV with snow is beauty.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default Pennsboro

Got to agree with you BBQ. That bridge looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

It looks like that one bridge would have to be widened. Probably both of them.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    It looks like that one bridge would have to be widened. Probably both of them.

Looks like that as they have widened the track there and I'm assuming they will widen the bridge also.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Apparently some here don't read what's already been posted before commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Yep. I'm trying to figure out how/where they gonna park the haulers of today. Figure-out a way to stack the stackers? I remember getting a ticket for parking along the road. Wasn't any other place to park. While it sucked, never missed a race for number of years.
    If it were me, I'd think about making some extra parking outside turns 3-4. The infield will be a disaster for hauler parking IF they get a lot of cars to show up.

That bridge in turn 1 separated the men from the boys. He who drive it in deepest crosses the bridge first.

maybe its a regional thing or maybe im not old enough to know much about it, but this whole deal doesnt interest me at all