Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LOLMDS-High Limit-GIS

Thanks to all three for yesterday’s racing. Had a great day at the track with family and friends! The racing was great too. Glad to see they had an awesome crowd last night and I hope they do the double header again.

Great racing. Passing was off the hook.
    8/13/16

The High Limt race was better than expected. Congrats to Jacob Allen and the #1a team on the $20,000 win.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The High Limt race was better than expected. Congrats to Jacob Allen and the #1a team on the $20,000 win.
    No doubt! We were rooting for Allen or Peck. Incredible racing between the top 3 for the win in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    The High Limit feature was better than the Lucas feature. Somebody had to say it.

I liked the double header deal. The racing was good and I hope they do this more often. The issues Jacob had hopefully are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The High Limit feature was better than the Lucas feature. Somebody had to say it.
    Aero was definitely a factor with the latemodels. One reason I avoid 1/2 mile tracks.
    8/13/16

I agree the Sprints put on the better show. They had some rally good races last year and from the looks of it it could be another good year for the sprints.

Yep, that was was really good racing, and the track prep was spot on. Well done Golden Isles.

I was there live and I thought the track pretty much locked down about midway for the Lucas show. Same as the Saturday show in January. The Thursday show in January was the best of the three Lucas races at GI. ( 2 rainouts:both Friday shows)
    I also thought the $60 for reserved seats this past Saturday was a little steep although they had 2 20k to win purses between the sprints/late models.
    A little more than Eldora’s Dream and World -but it is what it is.
    My biggest complaint was there was no law enforcement officers at the 4 lane leaving the track in January or this past weekend. Very hectic trying to get out of the track parking lot onto the 4 lane. Apparently the track owner hadn’t made any preparations with the sheriff’s office or the sheriff’s office Dosen’t care about public safety. This issue needs corrected for big shows. Volusia handles the problem extremely well with officers at both entrances and it’s just a 2 lane Hwy.

Volusia is one of the best with getting fans out. Fl. State Troopers gettin it done right.

Proud to have been a part of the show at Golden Isles with High Limit and Lucas Oil.

Great racing for sure, we sat top row in the lower section above the flag stand. The height of the bleachers and suites make for a very good sound and loud. The icing on the cake is the friendly and great folks with LOLMDS, High Limit and GIS. Both series were pleasant to talk to. The folks in the concession stands made some great cheese burgers. Son in law got some boiled peanuts and cold beer. The funnel cakes smelled awesome. The atmosphere was awesome thanks to the hard work and planning by all.

Both the High Limit Sprints and The Lucas LMs put on entertaining races but I haven't heard anyone applaud the Crate LM race. I gave up on their main (missed the heats) after Marc Whitener's 3 incidents and near countless other guys
    spins and crashes. That was a pathetic thing to watch and with Whitener's temper I wouldn't have wanted to be around his pit afterwards.

High Limit Sprints the best race of the weekend, The Nascar race at Atlanta number two and the late models third.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    High Limit Sprints the best race of the weekend, The Nascar race at Atlanta number two and the late models third.
    Nascar at Atlanta was a good finish, it was not a good race. Two weeks of bumping, drafting and blocking with lots of torn up race cars.

"Two weeks of bumping, drafting and blocking with lots of torn up race cars."

THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Nascar at Atlanta was a good finish, it was not a good race. Two weeks of bumping, drafting and blocking with lots of torn up race cars.
    I disagree, not that cars were torn up but, I thought the race was pretty good and yes a good finish to boot but, to each is own.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I disagree, not that cars were torn up but, I thought the race was pretty good and yes a good finish to boot but, to each is own.
    It was kinda slow with all the yellows. Not my cup of tea, but a good finish seems to dull the memory for most.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It was kinda slow with all the yellows. Not my cup of tea, but a good finish seems to dull the memory for most.
    Yes it was a good finish but, I watched the whole race and not just the finish. Yes I'm not a fan of all the cautions but, there was a lot of passing and comers and goers in that race when they got to race. I can't speak for others but, I'm sure like me they would rather see no wrecks but, still good racing. I watch Nascar a little different. I like listening in on what calls drivers and crew chiefs make. What strategy, 2 tire, 4 tires, gas only, short pit ect.ect. If I was to watch them only go around in circles I would probably fall asleep. lol..

I do agree it's not everyone's cup of tea but, they had a pretty good crowd so, I'm not alone lol...