Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Shelton????

Default Ben Shelton????

Have I missed something, where was Ben last night? The other guy did good, just not the same without him...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Good morning “D” I didn’t see him at the track yesterday either.

You gotta love how they put the sprint car pit reporter in the infield for both classes and then proceeds to tell the world he knows nothing about late models about 100 times thru out the night.

How about put some effort into learning or just fake it?

Relax, it was for only one night. A double header with High Limit. Tony LaPorta, the HL Pit reporter did fine. What information did you want from Ben that you did not get from Tony? Ben will be back soon enough. It is amazing how critical some of you have become. It was a ONE RACE experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Relax, it was for only one night. A double header with High Limit. Tony LaPorta, the HL Pit reporter did fine. What information did you want from Ben that you did not get from Tony? Ben will be back soon enough. It is amazing how critical some of you have become. It was a ONE RACE experiment.
    Some people on this site just can't be pleased. I watch most of my races with the sound off. A mute button is easy to pretty easy to use. My kid is a very light sleeper.

Not a shot at you D-Glenn
    Last edited by zyoung25; 02-25-2024 at 09:59 AM.

First time hearing Tony. No complaints here. Easy on the ears. He did a good job in my opinion.
    8/13/16

Default Highside Hustler25

Tony was the USAC announcer before Chet. Met him at Eldora, nice guy, very personable. He will be fine IMHO.
    Last edited by lurker; 02-25-2024 at 01:13 PM.

Can any announcer make a select few on this board happy? Always seems to be complaints about announcers. If you wanna complain, apply for an announcing job and try it. Tony did a fine job for this double header. I agree lurker, he's a very personable and approachable guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Tony was the USAC announcer before Chet. Met him at Eldora, nice guy, very personable. He will be fine IMHO.
    I'd like to hear him in the booth. Interviewing heat winners, he needs more airtime.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Can any announcer make a select few on this board happy? Always seems to be complaints about announcers. If you wanna complain, apply for an announcing job and try it. Tony did a fine job for this double header. I agree lurker, he's a very personable and approachable guy.
    Sadly, there are a lot of people out there that bi+ch and moan about almost everything. I would hate to have to be around miserable like that on a daily basis.

At least it wasn't Ruben !!!! lol

High Limit and Lucas only run together one more time at Atomic this fall. Calm down fellas

I was glad the announcers where not screaming. Maybe others will take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    You gotta love how they put the sprint car pit reporter in the infield for both classes and then proceeds to tell the world he knows nothing about late models about 100 times thru out the night.How about put some effort into learning or just fake it?
    You clearly have selective hearing because while he did mention that many times he generally followed that up with the fact that he was trying to get up to speed as fast as possible witch was clearly evident by the fact that he already knew many of the drivers knick names and had clearly engaged in conversation with several of them prior to the event. One thing about announcers that die hard fans often tend to over look or not understand is an announcers job is to get all listeners as up-to-date as possible at any time during the event weather the listener just joined in or has been following along the entire time. Basically being repetitive is a key part of the job. I thought he did a great job and embraced the gig vs treating like a one and done with no personal investment

Come on guys! Already in 2024, you had the opportunity to hear the WORST race announcer in the history of car racing if you saw and heard the race at Screven. Guest announcer was Bloomer (who should have gotten up and left with bleeding ears!). That SAS announcer is as bad as they could possibly come!

"High Limit and Lucas only run together one more time at Atomic this fall. Calm down fellas"

My bet is that the LO announcers could do better at a duel event than could the HL announcers! Did miss Shelton as did many others.

Thought Tony did a good job considering the Lucas cars aren't on the top of his viewing choices and he's a pleasant guy on the ears.

Don't know where Ben was and he's top notch with LM stuff. Maybe he stopped at an even worse Barber College than usual and was too embarrassed to show us his new do.

I thought Tony did a pretty good job especially not knowing to much about late models.

" Maybe he stopped at an even worse Barber College than usual "

Is that possible? LOL!

I thought he done a great job. but that is just my 2 pennies
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.