Thumbs up Chili Bowl Champ Logan Seavey to make 1st Late Model start at Spoon May 8th.

For those that are Interested - Logan Seavey News

Spoon River Speedway - Lewiston, Illinois

BREAKING NEWS!! USAC National Champion and Chili Bowl Champion Logan Seavey will make his Late Model debut at Spoon River Speedway on May 8 for the kick off to the CASTROL FLORacing Night in America Series! Welcome to the High Banks!!

VG PERFORMANCE PARTNERS WITH LOGAN SEAVEY, CHRIS BRAGG RACING FOR SELECT DIRT LATE MODEL RACES

BATESVILLE, Ark. (Feb. 28) — VG Performance is proud to announce a partnership with Logan Seavey and Chris Bragg Racing, a venture that’ll equip Seavey to run three upcoming Dirt Late Model events and potentially more races in the discipline down the road.

Seavey, who has an extensive open-wheel background and most recently won his second straight Chili Bowl Nationals in January, will be making his Dirt Late Model debut in a No. 51 Longhorn Chassis owned by Bragg on May 8 at Spoon River Speedway in Lewistown, Ill., as part of Castrol FloRacing Night in America.

Additional races on May 9 at Lincoln (Ill.) Raceway and May 12 at Brownstown (Ind.) Speedway — both also with the Castrol FloRacing Series — are on Seavey’s initial Dirt Late Model schedule.

Professionally operating under the VG Performance brand as a consultant, Vinny Guliani is honored to provide engineering support to get Seavey up to speed. Braggs’ son, Tyler, will serve as crew chief.

Seavey’s first on-track action in the Longhorn and Bilstein-powered No. 51 will come during an April 2-3 test session at Rocket Raceway Park in Petty, Texas, a high-banked 3/8-mile oval nearby Braggs’ race shop in Springtown.

“We’re going to give him every possible opportunity to succeed,” Guliani added. “We’ll present to the racetrack the absolute fastest car we can build. We have the full support of the factories – Longhorn and Bilstein.”

Guliani has decades of experience in the Dirt Late Model industry having worked with drivers Jonathan Davenport, Brandon Overton and more. This year, Guliani has had a hand in four total victories consulting for Devin Moran and Cade Dillard. Garrett Alberson, another VG Performance client, is also off to a formidable start on the Lucas Oil Series.

“We’ve started the year off well and my business is growing,” Guliani said. “We have a couple other projects that are exciting for the future. I’m just taking it one day at a time and doing this thing the best I can for my customers.

“I have high expectations because I know (Seavey’s) talent. On the other hand, we’re going to have fun and try something different that he’s never done before. He’s a talented race car driver. … It’s exciting.”
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-28-2024 at 12:33 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Super Cool! Logan is a wheel man.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

I just seen this on DoD. I can't wait to see what he can do because he is a very talented race car driver and with Vinny helping him out it should be interesting. This will be a new challenge for him for sure. I would like to see him an Indy car some day as well.

Interesting. I see him doing well in a super. He is fast in a champ car as well as wingless sprints.

Interesting, but no mention of who the engine builder will be for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Interesting, but no mention of who the engine builder will be for the team.
    DoD article says they have 2 Longhorns and 3 Clements power plants.

I thought Drake Troutman was driving this car this season on a part time basis? I guess things did not pan out after Vado?

Yep, Drake is out, says they mutually split.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Yep, Drake is out, says they mutually split.
    That sucks. Drake has the luck of the bald guy that wins hair products at the local drawing.