Default Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series Adds Personnel: First Race Saturday

Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series Adds Personnel for 2024

(February 28, 2024) – James Essex, series director and announcer for the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series has announced that D.J. Smallwood and Britan Godsey will be joining his staff for the 2024 racing season.

Smallwood brings several years of racing experience to the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series. Most recently Smallwood was the race director for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series in 2023. He has also worked for the Florence (Ky.) Speedway, Lawrenceburg (Ind.) Speedway and the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

Godsey, who is taking a sabbatical from driving will serve as the series tech director. Godsey is the grandson of National Dirt Late Model Dirt Hall of Famer, Ray Godsey. He has several wins with the Indiana Late Model Series and stepped away from driving at the end of last year.

“I am pleased to bring in D.J. and Britan to help me out with the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series. Last year it was basically me in charge and now that I have added those two it will take a load off of my plate as I will continue to be the series director and announcer,” said Essex who is a member of both the National Dirt Late Model and Brownstown Speedway Hall-of-Fames.

The first race of the 2024 season for the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series will be this Saturday, March 2 at the Brownstown Speedway in Brownstown, Indiana paying $5,000 to win and $500 to start. Then the series will head to the Florence Speedway in Union, Kentucky for the 48th Annual Spring 50 paying $10,000 to win and $1,000 to start.

BROWNSTOWN, IN (March 1, 2024) – Officials from the Brownstown Speedway and the Northern Allstars Late Model Dirt Series announced on Friday that the Midwest Season Opener scheduled for Saturday, March 2 has been postponed to next Saturday, March 9.

“I want to thank Jim Price for all of the work he has done to try to make this Saturday happen. Unfortunately, it was not in the cards. I visited the track on Thursday and there needs to be more drying in some spots. Even with a favorable forecast for Saturday, the weather on Friday with the colder temperatures, cloud cover and precipitation will not allow for track drying,” said NALMS Series Director and Announcer, James Essex.

“I know we were all excited to get the season started. I had race teams coming from 5 and 6 hours away if not further to race with us so we wanted to make the call early for everyone for this weekend. I want to thank everyone for their support, and we look forward to getting the season started next Saturday.”