Thread: Casey roberts

Default Casey roberts

Good to see the 101 of Casey roberts back
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Just saw that on FB, happy to see him back and hope I get a chance to see him in person again.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/VuM...ibextid=oFDknk

Hope he gets his spark back! Was a stout competitor at one time in the southeast.

☝️☝️
    Just waiting for the MODS to eliminate you once again phil.

Hopefully this team packs a punch!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Good one!

Josh's noggin says YES!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Storms View Post
    All we need now is for Joshy Boy to come back and be his punching bag again.lol
    What did he do to deserve this ? Run his mouth ?

Question

^Robert's popped him in the mouth for driving him like he, bobby a few other a them idiots do others, the best I can remember... Grin
    I.E. that driver was yet another of the " Bobby Wannabe's " ? ?

Smile

Yep, Joshy was just as big an idiot as bobby... Laugh
    That poor youing'in Bobby " idiot " that you speak despairingly is rated # 1 in the big old nation as per Dirt on Dirt and it is blatantly obvious that they do know what they are talking about in this case.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    What did he do to deserve this ? Run his mouth ?
    He ran over Casey a few too many times and always claimed he couldn't see him... I never liked Josh in the house car, most of those who take that seat seem to change character for some reason. I won't speculate on why that is, but once they leave they seem like different people. Anyway Josh ran over Casey for the last time at a track in Georgia,(I forget which one), seems like Josh dive bombed thru the infield and drove across Casey's nose, maybe even his LF but I can't remember precisely. They played bumper cars at scales it seems like and then Casey confronted Josh and Josh denied or smarted off and got clocked. Inexplicably the issue stopped happening after that. I think they came down on Casey with suspension or fines. Either way Josh got the message or finally saw his eye doctor...
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Welcome back 101….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    He ran over Casey a few too many times and always claimed he couldn't see him... I never liked Josh in the house car, most of those who take that seat seem to change character for some reason. I won't speculate on why that is, but once they leave they seem like different people. Anyway Josh ran over Casey for the last time at a track in Georgia,(I forget which one), seems like Josh dive bombed thru the infield and drove across Casey's nose, maybe even his LF but I can't remember precisely. They played bumper cars at scales it seems like and then Casey confronted Josh and Josh denied or smarted off and got clocked. Inexplicably the issue stopped happening after that. I think they came down on Casey with suspension or fines. Either way Josh got the message or finally saw his eye doctor...

Didn't they also have an altercation at the old friendship speedway in elkin nc ?

Friendship is where the “ message” got delivered……the altercation at the scales that spilled over into the pits happened at Screven earlier that year. Crew members for both teams went to jail in Ga.

I was there for the final incident at Friendship, Josh hit everyone in the field that night except for Ferguson. He never got close enough to take him out. I think it was the same year where Josh used the 101 as his brakes to steal a win at Screven. Next few times I saw both drivers at Screven and Charlotte, Josh seemed to avoid Roberts on track, and not let a nose or fender come anywhere close the 101. Seemed like a lesson was learned after that night.

It’s always cool to see good drivers come back to the sport.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    I was there for the final incident at Friendship, Josh hit everyone in the field that night except for Ferguson. He never got close enough to take him out. I think it was the same year where Josh used the 101 as his brakes to steal a win at Screven. Next few times I saw both drivers at Screven and Charlotte, Josh seemed to avoid Roberts on track, and not let a nose or fender come anywhere close the 101. Seemed like a lesson was learned after that night.
    Yep, you were there for sure……I helped with bail money and let my friend use my truck to go down and bail out one of the participants in Screven….was exactly how you described.
    Unfortunately a lot of people remember that but forget about how clean and cool Casey is behind the wheel…..he’s one of those regional guys that used to pull into a big show and the series guys look up and go, oh shoot…he’s here and will need to be contended with at this one.
    Good people, great family and about as solid of an individual as you will ever meet…..or that has been my experience anyway.

I only met Casey, his wife, and car owners at the time twice at Screven. All were super nice people, I was already a fan but that made me an even bigger fan of his. I didn't witness the actual event in the pits, I just saw all of the security and 4 wheelers hauling azz to the pits after Josh left the track. Then the obvious suspension came, I tried to reach out to throw some $ their way but never heard back. I don't think they're very active on fb but that was my only way to try and reach out. Hated to see that happen to such good people. I had seen Richards do that to a few people locally when he'd run Ernie Davis' car at Winchester, Potomac and Hagerstown. Not trying to turn this into a Richards bashing thread, ive done enough of that back in the day. But he had it coming, and for someone as cool and calm as Casey to be the 1 to do it shows how people were sick of being run over.

[quote| Friendship is where the “ message” got delivered……the altercation at the scales that spilled over into the pits happened at Screven earlier that year. Crew members for both teams went to jail in Ga. [/quote]

One of the great moments in DLMR history...right up there with that guy from Fergy's team that punched out Mark.

Mark got Tadpoled…….stuck that nose where it didn’t belong, again.