Default Admission prices for dirt track races

So after 35 years of marriage and my wife putting up with me to buying Dirtvision & FLO, and subscribing to Area Auto Racing News, Dirt Empire, Speed Sport, Speedway Illustrated & Sprint Car Unlimited and attending approximately 15 races a year. I decicided to take my wife to see comedian Nate Bargatze tonight. The concert was at The Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, where the 76ers & Flyers play. Tickets in the upper deck were $80 a piece. Parking was $35 and two sodas were each $11.25. Although Nate was teriffic, and we had a great time, I was thinking the whole time that I could have gone to at least ten regular races for the money I spent for one date night. It made me realize how much of a bargain, dirt track racing really is....you will never hear me complain again about ticket prices to attend a dirt track race as promotors try to fill their race tracks on a weekly basis, fighting the weather, streaming services and other outside forces. Support your weekly track in 2024.

I tell people this all the time. Go to a movie, ball game, or show and see how much tickets, parking, and concessions are for those things. Dirt racing is still a good bargain.

I have been racing for years as a hobby and I have always been amused when friends make comments about me traveling 3 to 4 hours away to go to a special race or a new track, yet they go camping, on destination vacations, boating, 4 wheeling, etc etc. it is all about how you want to spend your time and money. although i will say racing is pricing itself out of their audience

At the recent Lucas/High Limit races at GIS, pitpasses were $65!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    At the recent Lucas/High Limit races at GIS, pitpasses were $65!
    Stay home then!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Stay home then!
    I didn't take it as he was complaining just stating how much it cost.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I didn't take it as he was complaining just stating how much it cost.
    I was just messing w zero

Stay home then!
    Chill out! He just stated the prices, that's all.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I was just messing w zero
    Oh ok, I was thinking it didn't seem like he was complaining. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Oh ok, I was thinking it didn't seem like he was complaining. lol
    All good lol

Stay home then!
    I had to return home.....they wouldnt accept an iou from you or your daddy, Blackie!

I looked for you at the I95 truckstop but didnt see ya......you musta been "busy"!

I live about 80 miles from Lambeau Field and have friends who are season ticket holders who I can easily buy seats from. Great seats too. Gone a couple times and will not likely go again. I can go to several national touring races for what it cost me to go to one NFL game. Same for driving 150 miles to go to a Brewer game (which I have also given up on). Parking and concessions at those places are nuts.

Racing is still a great value to me and I realize that those teams need to get paid.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I had to return home.....they wouldnt accept an iou from you or your daddy, Blackie!

I looked for you at the I95 truckstop but didnt see ya......you musta been "busy"!

He He He.

Hope all is well down there in FL.
    You noticed where blackie went again!

Back in 1998 I went to the first Pepsi 400 under the lights at Daytona and sat on the backstretch up high and could only see the tri oval using the big screen in front of me and it was $95 for a ticket. In 1997 went to Rockingham for a nascar race and it was $70 a ticket and in 2003 it was $85 for a ticket at Daytona for the Pepsi 400. In 1995 at Shadybowl it was $10 for a weekly show and $25 for the pits for a big race it was $20 for the stands and $35 for the pits thats when ARCA was there. Eldora was $12 for the Baltes classic in the stands and $20 in the pits in 1995.

I went to the Daytona 500 this year during the Ga/Florida speedweeks. $450 per seat x2=$900.
    They were premium restricted seats.
    4 years ago I paid $200 per seat.
    That trip I said I would never go back to a restricter plate race-but I did again!
    My bad. In dirt racing : we call that “train racing.” I don’t think I would go back if Jesus Christ flew me in a helicopter and gave me a suite ticket- but never say never!

Grandson-in-law took his Grandmother to a 49ers' regular season game this year since she'd never been. Cost him $600 for 2 decent tickets and $550 for parking at an off stadium site. Don't remember what a dog and a beer ran but they were both ridiculous too.

Your local race track is a bargain for spectators and mostly not too crazy for the pits. Or stay home and play games on the internet with the nerds.

I've always thought promoters should charge a minimum of $5 per child. Nowhere, including high school sports around here can anyone get in for free, including little kids. We pay full price for kids at major events, but not for local events.

The first dirt races I went to were $3.00 admission and $300 to win LM..

Now that was a great bargain. Especially because they did the work and actually watered and disced the track. Back then the track would take a watering, as it would soak in about as quickly as they watered the track. Aero and such high tech did not exist then. Driving the cars was much more difficult back then, and driving ability was a much bigger part of winning.

Under 12 free admission also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    So after 35 years of marriage and my wife putting up with me to buying Dirtvision & FLO, and subscribing to Area Auto Racing News, Dirt Empire, Speed Sport, Speedway Illustrated & Sprint Car Unlimited and attending approximately 15 races a year. I decicided to take my wife to see comedian Nate Bargatze tonight. The concert was at The Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, where the 76ers & Flyers play. Tickets in the upper deck were $80 a piece. Parking was $35 and two sodas were each $11.25. Although Nate was teriffic, and we had a great time, I was thinking the whole time that I could have gone to at least ten regular races for the money I spent for one date night. It made me realize how much of a bargain, dirt track racing really is....you will never hear me complain again about ticket prices to attend a dirt track race as promotors try to fill their race tracks on a weekly basis, fighting the weather, streaming services and other outside forces. Support your weekly track in 2024.
    the dome prices arent far off this, if youre comparing apples to apples. A local comedy club vs a weekly show would be comparable as well