Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I try to be careful when I add racing gas to my race car , but I have had the funnel slip out of the fuel cell , The result was the racing fuel ran through my rear deck lid and drenched my right rear tire . I tried to wipe the tire down as well as I could but I could not clean the gas out of the thread on the tire. With all the chemicals in racing gas , I bet my right rear tire would have failed the lab tests. As Bobby Pierce said , maybe he was innocent of using chemicals on his tire. Maybe racing gas actually spilled on his tire during refueling.
    That would not absorb into the tire and be there after it heats up. Dope is a job to use, spray, wrap let sit, repeat.

Fuel won't absorb into rubber? Lol whatever.
    8/13/16

Lurker,

We don't know the pass/fail criteria or the reason they failed. It's also not owed to the general public. I'm sure every batch isn't 100% the same, but they may get double the leeway to make up for it. The type of test used flags compounds that don't belong. They are not getting popped for having 49% mass of a compound instead of 45%.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Fuel won't absorb into rubber? Lol whatever.
    I know your a idiot but I said it wont be there after a heat cycle. It wont absorb in just from spilling it to a depth to be there AFTER a race.

I'm not gonna be name caller, lol but I have to disagree with your assessment.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Lurker,

We don't know the pass/fail criteria or the reason they failed. It's also not owed to the general public. I'm sure every batch isn't 100% the same, but they may get double the leeway to make up for it. The type of test used flags compounds that don't belong. They are not getting popped for having 49% mass of a compound instead of 45%.
    MasterSbilt_Racer,

Thanks for posting to me.

First off, sorry about the rantish diatribe in both of my posts --- and I apologize to everyone for that. Secondly, after re-reading my posts, they could be misconstrued or interpreted wrong, so let me clarify.

I think the tire whole testing process is flawed, period. Not much more I can say, other than why do I think that? I think a greater amount of today’s front runners and winners are cheating on tires in some way or another. They’re just not getting caught. Thus we need a better or more encompassing way of testing, all of them, not just the winner or a random selection. I’d bet if you tested everyone on any night, with any series, a greater amount would fail tire testing.

That is why I would like full public transparency, knowing what was wrong with said tire. Totally embarrassing? Yes! And that might help. Maybe. But I know I’m dreaming as you pointed out to me.

To think these three that got caught weren’t cheating is foolish, thinking even more aren’t cheating is even more foolish.

Yours or Anyone’s thoughts?

^
    I have no idea if Pierce cheated his tires or not but if so, how stupid can you be. That's why it makes no sense to me.
    8/13/16

Highside Hustler25,

Stupid aside. I think guys cheat on tires trying to win, and beat the other guy. Its that simple to me. Today’s tire cheating technology is rather good and some times undetectable. Sometimes its not. Case in point.

Lurker, I'm looking at the risk vs reward. For someone as fast as he's been, why even take the chance of getting busted.
    8/13/16

Highside Hustler25,

Maybe that’s why he’s been so fast, and just got caught this time.

You may be right. Who knows.
    8/13/16

My son has a few of BP32s tires from last year, at the house they all have samples taken out of them. Wanna re-test them? He's been tested plenty in the past...get TF out with the whole he's been doping them, just got caught thoughts.

Dustin Jarret said one diver was telling him he was surprised more didn't get caught and another saying no way these three were treating their tires. I will never know if they were or weren't treating their tires. WOO said they were and the drivers get to appeal and then once that's all over it will be time to move on. It's WOO that will have to determine if something else needs to be done with the testing procedure and if they decide it does they will need to come up with a plan and implement it and if they don't well here we are with what happened almost what a week ago now.

Default kidrocket1

I’ll bite.

Tell me more, educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrocket1 View Post
    My son has a few of BP32s tires from last year, at the house they all have samples taken out of them. Wanna re-test them? He's been tested plenty in the past...get TF out with the whole he's been doping them, just got caught thoughts.
    Just because samples may have been taken out of them doesn't mean the samples were sent into a lab. It's just a way to try to keep drivers from thinking that they shouldn't cheat. And then some drivers that had samples cut out of the tires that were cheated up might think yes this stuff is undetectable, when the only reason they didn't get caught was because the samples didn't get sent in to the lab. It's a way of trying to keep the drivers honest without the huge cost of testing every sample.

Tire rule, lol…..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Other than tire softner may be hazardous to ones health , I do not feel it should be right to outlaw tire softners . If a driver is using a chemical to improve the performance of a tire it is a crapshoot. As I recall the WOO allows a driver to choose between a soft or harder tire. Many races are won with the harder compound because the softer tire wears too quickly. I say , if the chemicals are not a health hazard let the racers soften their tires. If drivers are already making the wrong choice of which tire to run , they are probably making the wrong choice of when to soften also.

Or, Hoosier could just build them a tire that’s ready to go……..tire rule, lol.

And spare me the often used health hazard argument on tire dope…..sure it’s a hazard, sure it’s dangerous but it’s just a talking point to hide the real reasons the major series and more importantly team BARNEY don’t allow it.
    It’s like taking a big gal to an all you can eat mashed potato and gravy bar and not allowing her to use salt and pepper.

Dumb.

Can tell the non racers non crew! Tires need to be simple, mount and race. No place for added time and expenses just to make your 40 fire in turn 1 lap 1. Compound choices make the comers and goers in a longer race. Only 3 racers caught in prep heaven Florida is what we should be talking about.