Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

so if I dip my car keys in a lake I can start my car with a scooped up glass of water?

So Blue Ridge labs and the people that pay them are calling Bobby Pierce a cheater basically…….spin it, talk about it, dissect it, ponder it or whatever you want to call it……the end result is they are saying he is a cheater.

When you really let that sink in there are way too many questions than there are answers for this one.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

One rumor is they ran restamped tires. Like had on a 1425 but it was really a 1350.

Honestly if Hoosier gave a rats @$$ about the sport they could test. They just want the money.

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    One rumor is they ran restamped tires. Like had on a 1425 but it was really a 1350.

Honestly if Hoosier gave a rats @$$ about the sport they could test. They just want the money.
    Mic drop……

I mean, Hoosier is part of a publicly traded company. It’s not their business to police any sport. The shareholders don’t give a rat’s a*s about the health of a niche like dirt late model racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

what does WoO gain by penalizing their champion?

Blue Ridge has no reason to falsify testing. Their money is made elsewhere.

Why would Pierce, Bronson, and Moran risk careers?

Hoosier: would the purple mafia open themselves up to scrutiny by the court system?

WTF is going on here?

Sabotage by someone on the inside of one of these entities?

this just doesn't make sense.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    what does WoO gain by penalizing their champion?

Blue Ridge has no reason to falsify testing. Their money is made elsewhere.

Why would Pierce, Bronson, and Moran risk careers?

Hoosier: would the purple mafia open themselves up to scrutiny by the court system?

WTF is going on here?

Sabotage by someone on the inside of one of these entities?

this just doesn't make sense.
    I think one of the options Feger mentioned last night is prolly the case. All the trading in of 'unused' tires. Nobody knows what the initial buyer did to a tire before they decided they didn't need it and trade it in for something different. As you stated, there's really no gain for anyone involved, not the drivers, sanctioning body or the lab. Drivers that finish up front on a regular basis would be foolish to try and get away with it after being told they were testing. JMO

If that's the rumor, it can be quickly debunked beings those tires are not produced anymore.

Occams Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    If that's the rumor, it can be quickly debunked beings those tires are not produced anymore.
    I think he was giving an example.

What about tire that has an advantage re-stamped as a tire using the modern numbering system?
    Not chemically altered with prep but wouldn’t meet the benchmark sample.
    Just a thought…

I dont follow this stuff but saw a interview on fb.

They tested 67 tires at V and 3 failed and they tested the B sample of each of those 3 which also failed, he claimed..

So transference, bla bla bla is out.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Occams Razor.
    You may be right…
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I don’t put much stock in these tire infractions penalties no matter who it is. Never have since day one, including the tire sniffer days. Mostly because the non-transparency when it comes to what was “wrong” with said tire. Any said tire “alteration” infraction penalty should be public knowledge in my opinion. And I don’t believe for one minute that one “benchmark” puck holds true for a “batch” of tires, that’s hogwash if you ask me.

Occam's razor, yep!!!

Honestly, I don’t believe said tire manufacture has a benchmark puck for every batch of tires made, for those numerous series that check the legality of said tires. Do you realize how many batches and pucks that would be for every tire, every compound, every series that check the legality of said tires. I don’t believe for one minute that a “lab facility” has that much warehouse storage space for benchmark pucks.

Maybe a data benchmark set of chemistry figures for that specific compound, noting those data benchmark set of chemistry figures shouldn’t change from one batch to another.

Also noting said “lab facility” also checks the legality of, fuel, oil, and tires. Benchmark warehouse storage space for samples for all of these? I call BS.

Nonetheless, its all poppyc0ck.
    Last edited by lurker; 03-15-2024 at 08:07 PM.

Looks like Bobby's mommy removed her posts off of Facebook. Lol

That’s a shocker!!!

who was the vendor selling the tire dope at the dome? seems kinda odd

I try to be careful when I add racing gas to my race car , but I have had the funnel slip out of the fuel cell , The result was the racing fuel ran through my rear deck lid and drenched my right rear tire . I tried to wipe the tire down as well as I could but I could not clean the gas out of the thread on the tire. With all the chemicals in racing gas , I bet my right rear tire would have failed the lab tests. As Bobby Pierce said , maybe he was innocent of using chemicals on his tire. Maybe racing gas actually spilled on his tire during refueling.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Looks like Bobby's mommy removed her posts off of Facebook. Lol
    The woo tshirt bonfire had to be huge …….

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I try to be careful when I add racing gas to my race car , but I have had the funnel slip out of the fuel cell , The result was the racing fuel ran through my rear deck lid and drenched my right rear tire . I tried to wipe the tire down as well as I could but I could not clean the gas out of the thread on the tire. With all the chemicals in racing gas , I bet my right rear tire would have failed the lab tests. As Bobby Pierce said , maybe he was innocent of using chemicals on his tire. Maybe racing gas actually spilled on his tire during refueling.
    That’s every bit as plausible as anything else floating around…..none of it really believable though.
    Reference the 20k Scott Autry incident…..everyone makes mistakes.

Barbecueboy,

Plausible? Sure! Realistically? No! I realistically don’t believe its said tire failing some benchmark testing at some lab. I think the entire (from point A to point Z) testing process is flawed from a scientific standpoint. And again, NO ONE gets any transparency in the process of alteration, none at all, never.

Why did my tire fail? And why? NEVER gets answered.