Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I remember when Lance Armstrong had always passed every test. How'd he'd never risk his legacy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Do you know that something wasn't on everyone's tires? Last I knew they do not check all competitors.
    Of course I don't and I don't know who all was even checked. I do know that the cars mentioned failed.

Do you know who all would cheat and who would not?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Some of the chemicals teams have been using are very bad for your health when breathing it in. It's a much as the series trying to protect crew members' health as much as it is cheating up tires.
    It's not realy worth the danger for using those chemicals. The dirt itself could be contaminated enough to affect track workers and drivers, and all involved in being on the track.

Race tracks don't need bad attention, especially these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Of course I don't and I don't know who all was even checked. I do know that the cars mentioned failed.

Do you know who all would cheat and who would not?
    I sure don't, but I do realize that at least 2 of these guys were tested many times by WOO last year and many times in Florida this year and passed all other tests. I don't think tire dope is something you do once, nor is it something you get away with 100 times before you get caught once. Brian Carter said alot of things and sounded fairly convincing, but he offered zero proof. IMO, it's on them to show proof as they are the only party to hold the evidence, the teams don't have the samples.

For all I know they are all guilty as charged, but the system being used leaves alot of room for speculation. IMO

Way more speculation than there should be…..tire rule, lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I sure don't, but I do realize that at least 2 of these guys were tested many times by WOO last year and many times in Florida this year and passed all other tests. I don't think tire dope is something you do once, nor is it something you get away with 100 times before you get caught once. Brian Carter said alot of things and sounded fairly convincing, but he offered zero proof. IMO, it's on them to show proof as they are the only party to hold the evidence, the teams don't have the samples.

For all I know they are all guilty as charged, but the system being used leaves alot of room for speculation. IMO
    Anyone found guilty of cheating would fight if they truly are in the right. Are these drvers denying or challenging the decision? That would be interesting to find out.

Has there ever been a failed tire test to come back where a driver said "OK, I did it."?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    Has there ever been a failed tire test to come back where a driver said "OK, I did it."?
    According the the DOD guys, yes there has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Anyone found guilty of cheating would fight if they truly are in the right. Are these drvers denying or challenging the decision? That would be interesting to find out.
    I'm not sure how they would fight it. The sanctioning body has the tire samples, the teams prolly do not even know which tire in the trailer it came from after several weeks. I'm not sure lawsuits are a thing since you are a member once you register and pay their fees.... so you would technically be suing yourself.

I was sure I read somewhere they could appeal the ruling but, I'm not sure what that entails.

Shouldnt the series impound the tire that the sample came from, to run more tests with a different lab?

At least, the driver could send a sample to another lab!

Barney ain’t allowing any of that nonsense……..tire rule, lol.

I remember one, but I forgot who it was
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Shouldnt the series impound the tire that the sample came from, to run more tests with a different lab?

Yes yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post

The competitor should retain at least some of the tire in their custody.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Has Hoosier,blue ridge or any of the series ever admitted there were mistakes made in the process? I can think of one.

Lets face it tire testing is a joke.

I say, turn it lose. You wanna soften tires have at it.

Just combat it in different ways. Spec tires at the track, sell Event tires etc

There is no reason a Crown Jewel event couldnt restrict tires to Event only tires.

Just say no...

7 pages of tire doping experts on here and not a one of you has admitted they’ve done it….I’ve done it and know plenty of people that have and still do. I’m not saying any of those 3 are guilty because I don’t know. What I do know is that there’s plenty of teams out there that do, and there’s lot that don’t. Teams push the envelope on the rules to see what they can get by with and tires are the same, just like droop, deck heights, bodies and shocks. Teams that dope tires send their own samples to the labs and have them tested themselves so they can see how far they can push it and stay within the benchmark. The benchmark has a tolerance and as long as you stay in that tolerance the tire is good. The main reason people dope tires are that it helps keep a tire from sealing over under caution, which in return makes it fire better on a restart.

If all the cars in a feature are 100% legal, the same drivers are gonna run in the top 5-10 and the guys that run in the back of the pack every race are gonna finish there. If the entire field is cheating it’s still going to be the same drivers in the top 5-10 and the same drivers finishing in the back of the pack. It doesn’t matter if it’s tire dope, traction control or magical Rumley devices you can’t take a guy that finishes in the back of the pack every race and make him a front runner by cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Lets face it tire testing is a joke.

I say, turn it lose. You wanna soften tires have at it.

Just combat it in different ways. Spec tires at the track, sell Event tires etc

There is no reason a Crown Jewel event couldnt restrict tires to Event only tires.
    Stop making sense sir……no room for that when the discussion is the tire rule,lol.

I admitted it on another thread. Even told people how to apply. If anyone asks, I’ll tell you where to buy it. When you search the guy on Facebook, check to see how many friends you have in common, that’ll tell you which of your competitors are using it.

He’s friends with quite a few people I was racing against.