Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Teams that dope tires send their own samples to the lab to see how far they can push it.

That's a interesting statement there Flathead. Never thought that was a option but makes sense if you're doping them up.
    8/13/16

Flathead,

As close as the field is these days, Rumley Device easily take mid pack car to the front, but I agree with the rest.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I can't speak for dirt teams, but I do know of an asphalt team that dopes and sends their own tires to labs for testing to see where they stand. No reason why Dirt Late Model teams haven't thought of doing this as well. Probably why they get up in arms about running over a substance on the track or in the pits as the simple reason they fail. They are already pushing the tolerance boundaries as close as they can to where a simple patch of a substance would tip the balance.

Because I don't know. What tire do they sample RR, LR, RF ? How many drivers have made comments about I used the RF up. LR, I had no drive off the corner. RR, it sealed over. Last time I looked if you don't have 3 of 4 tires working your not winning. It's crap that they don't tell the accused what chemical was used, even if that can be determined.

Why would they tell everyone what they found in the tire? All that does is take away their edge of catching the next guy. Transparency does not benefit the series that sent in the sample.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Why would they tell everyone what they found in the tire? All that does is take away their edge of catching the next guy. Transparency does not benefit the series that sent in the sample.
    Are they worried about catching people cheating tires, or are they wanting to stop teams from doing it? I get it that maybe they think it's best that the general public doesn't know the results, but to not tell the teams makes it look like they're hiding something. By not saying what it was, that's less anyone can dispute. Pretty chicken$hit to accuse someone of something and not allow them access to the evidence. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Are they worried about catching people cheating tires, or are they wanting to stop teams from doing it? I get it that maybe they think it's best that the general public doesn't know the results, but to not tell the teams makes it look like they're hiding something. By not saying what it was, that's less anyone can dispute. Pretty chicken$hit to accuse someone of something and not allow them access to the evidence. IMO
    The guilty party still has their tire. I'm not sure anyone here knows what the sanction shows the guilty party as far as test results. If you have the tire, you can have your own tests performed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The guilty party still has their tire. I'm not sure anyone here knows what the sanction shows the guilty party as far as test results. If you have the tire, you can have your own tests performed.
    But then the claim from the series will be that they cheated that up too…..no winners here.
    Tire rule,lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Barbecue,

It's for your own information, at that point. I think the whole thing is a waste of time. Just pointing out that people who have been popped can get themselves out of the dark, if they are actually in it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Gotcha…sorry mb, the whole thing is just a joke at this stage of the game……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

IDK about all that. I doubt these teams keep every tire ever tested and document when/where it was tested. Most of these tires prolly didn't leave florida with the teams.

Why not cut the samples for the series and then cut two more for the team that go into a sealed light proof bag or container… once a failure comes in give the teams 48hrs to post the 5k protest fee… give 5 days to have there sealed samples and a team representative at the lab where they get to watch the chain of custody. Give them the benchmark #s range and when it comes out of the machine everyone gets to see the percentages of what is in it…. As part of the protest you use the team samples for the final ruling.. if the teams samples fall within the range Then they get there protest fee back minus testing cost and They keep all points and winnings… People don’t like things that leave questions and with the kind of money they are investing to run a series and the money that the series’s has for operating budget it would seem in everyone’s interest to be transparent. It would actually give credibility too the series then because they would have an out to say hey look there is a way to prove you didn’t cheat and it was a error on the series or lab with the original sample

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    IDK about all that. I doubt these teams keep every tire ever tested and document when/where it was tested. Most of these tires prolly didn't leave florida with the teams.
    They probably don't, but they should
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Bottom line, if you don't like or trust the series do not run it. Have no idea why the tires were wrong, but I do trust the series to be as fair as possible. Funny thing, at the kart track I see the same issues; we have a rule that you must purchase the fuel from the track. Guys will then bring their fuel over to be tested.... I always tell them, 'no need to test if you bought it from that pump, right?'....Tires are the biggest advantage to be gained, some are always going to keep trying to find that magical formula....

So when do the 3 get to race again?
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Bottom line, if you don't like or trust the series do not run it. Have no idea why the tires were wrong, but I do trust the series to be as fair as possible. Funny thing, at the kart track I see the same issues; we have a rule that you must purchase the fuel from the track. Guys will then bring their fuel over to be tested.... I always tell them, 'no need to test if you bought it from that pump, right?'....Tires are the biggest advantage to be gained, some are always going to keep trying to find that magical formula....
    Maybe the fuel they bought at the track is legal, but their additive is in the tank? Devin says they bought their tires at the track, so at least in his case it wouldn't matter.

I guess my point is they all know the rules, procedures, etc.. I personally appreciate the tire testing; again, my opinion. I do run a couple of small series and it at least makes me feel that they are trying to give us a fair playing field. I may end up on the bad end of a test one day, will discuss it with the powers that be if it does but do not believe I would change my current mindset. The testing has been going on for years (I was involved with a couple of positive tests back in 2010, still believe those results were correct); have also been approached by the 'tire prep guru' with the latest 'undetectable' formula so I know it is still going on. Personally like Devin, Bobby and Bronson-never had an issue and hope to see them back running as soon as possible (or wherever the are able). They seem to be moving on from the issue, so I will as well.

Amber Bronson said all they got was a phone call 5 mins before it was put on social media!

Theyre called outlaws for a reason........lettem juice!

If anyone is interested, Team Pierce has decided to run the Lucas shows at Brownstown and Atomic Saturday and Sunday. So he'll be on Flo.
    Angie will be there with the souvenir trailer.
    Last edited by IL LM Fan; 03-22-2024 at 06:00 PM.

Did any of the driver's appeal the decision? I thought that they only had 7 days to appeal, haven't heard anything.