Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

"𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘"

World Racing Group CEO, Brian Carter, discusses the penalties given to Bobby Pierce, Kyle Bronson and Devin Moran after failed tire tests from DIRTcar Nationals.

For more on the story, including World of Outlaws Late Model Series competitor Nick Hoffman thoughts, be sure to watch Pit Bull tomorrow at 7pm ET on DIRTVision

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=766256675456738
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    "핋학핖핣핖'핤 핒 핝할핥 할핗 핔할핞핡핖핥핚핥할핣핤 핖합핡핖핔핥핚핟하 핪할핦 핥할 핕할 핥학핖 핣핚하학핥 핥학핚핟하"

World Racing Group CEO, Brian Carter, discusses the penalties given to Bobby Pierce, Kyle Bronson and Devin Moran after failed tire tests from DIRTcar Nationals.

For more on the story, including World of Outlaws Late Model Series competitor Nick Hoffman thoughts, be sure to watch Pit Bull tomorrow at 7pm ET on DIRTVision

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=766256675456738
    The guy couldn't even look at the camera. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Is that you Bob??? Chemicals from a water truck? Really? It would be on everyone's tires..
    Do you know that something wasn't on everyone's tires? Last I knew they do not check all competitors.

If everyone tested failed for the same thing, wouldn't that raise a few eyebrows?

Moran and Bronsons failed from the 13th. Bobby from the 16th. So they're not even all from the same day.

Bout time for one of those effin t-shirts!

Nick Hoffman post.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Bobby has made a statement on his facebook page.

What a bunch of bullsh*t

Facebook post from Pierce just a bit ago.

This is gonna be a long one folks.

Lots of things wrong in today’s world.
    What happened today will barely be a blip on the radar in the overall history of dirt late model racing or motorsports in general.
    Furthermore, it won’t even come close to landing anywhere near the spectrum of the several various nasty & wrongful things going on across the world.

Sadly, what happened today will eventually be forgotten about & moved on from until the next time it happens to someone else. & the next. & the next. And we’ll all go about our days, business as usual.
    The thousands of racers, fans, car owners, sponsors, promoters, series officials, etc will all simply move on & say “it’s just a bad deal all around”.

Well for me, it’s not something little. It’s my career. It’s my name. It’s legitimately my whole life.
    You can think to yourself of how I’ve spent my young life committing my time & effort & late night hours to this sport. Come home from school & go right to work in the shop. Skip all my weekends with friends to go racing somewhere halfway across the country. What about my family? My father has lived this stuff for 72 years. Eat, sleeps, & breathes it. He’s showed me how to work like your life depends on it.

I’ve been doing it for 27 years. Raced late models for half my life. Since I was 13.
    I’ve owned my own race team for the last 6 years. Built it up since then and became a triple series champion with 34 wins in 2024.
    Bob has taught me everything I know & he’s been to every single race. He’s taught me how to race with passion. Race with heart, dignity, pride, & a fire that burns inside me which is probably why I’m so (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) competitive!

He’s taught me just about anything there is to know about racing. But you know the most important thing he’s taught me about racing?
    It’s how to beat the best racers across America, fair and square.

I’m proud to say I’ve become the # 1 ranked late model driver, & with a legal car.
    No tire dope, no traction control, no trick RR shock, no trick suspension. And I’m not saying anybody else does it either— all of our livelihoods depend on running a legal car. We just work hard with what we got and make it work better than anybody else most of the time. The simple way. The people that know, they just know how we do it.

Now don’t let all this fool you. I’m always humble. I’m not anywhere close to being the best & I never will be the best. I’m just another dude out here trying my best.
    I understand how people can view things out of assumptions. Truth is, they just don’t know how we operate. We don’t back down and we won’t stop.

Now where do we go from here?
    I want to be fully transparent with all my fans.
    Our chase for a consecutive Outlaw championship is ruined. The remaining outlaw races will now be tbd. I hate that for the fans who wanted to see us put a show on at several tracks across the country, but business decisions will have to be made where it makes the most sense.

I got a phone call today about an hour before the WoO Facebook post came out, which I wasn’t even informed that it would be public knowledge so soon.
    In the conversation it included how 3 of 67 tires from Volusia came back “not meeting Hoosier benchmark standards”.
    Of about a dozen tires sampled from my car that week, (& probably over 100 samples last year) only one tire didn’t test good in Blue Ridge Laboratories based out of NC.
    Mine was a RR 3 compound from the Friday night’s feature at the Volusia Dirtcar nats when I ran 3rd in a thrilling battle with Madden & Hoffman.
    The other 2 tires that were not met to benchmark standards that week were Bronsons & Moran's from that Tuesday night.

You might be asking yourself, what’s a benchmark? In a roundabout way, when Hoosier makes a new compound, they give a “puck” or a sample piece of rubber to the labs so that they can determine a “benchmark” through lab testing.
    This is basically a way to compare test results of tire A to tire B. They should have the same test results or else it isn’t considered to be legal.
    Something about chemical reactions and the tire emitting certain chemicals around specific time frames during the test.
    A pretty common misconception is that they can tell what foreign substance was supposedly put on a tire. They cannot. They can only tell if it’s “altered” from the benchmark. Well that something can be a lot of things. Doesn’t mean I put any tire enhancing chemicals into my tire. It could be chemicals in the dirt from various fluids & who knows what spread across a dirt track. Could be a simple flaw with the manufacturer or various other reasons.

Now, let’s back up to when I get the phone call & shortly thereafter, read my email, & almost immediately saw the post online.
    My heart sank. How could it be. I didn’t do this. Here we go again. And it’s a feeling that you can’t describe until it happens to you.
    It’s late in the evening and I still can’t get a call back from anybody at WRG, I have no idea what the lab results truly were or what the graphs look like. I have had no explanations. The public should be able to know what is going on. But especially me!
    I’ve been tossed into the corner and made a non-priority from my friends at World Racing Group.

Hundreds of racers have reached out to me with how they’ve been through the same thing. Wrongly accused & nobody cares, but how do we band together to stop this?
    I remember when it wasn’t myself in this situation. It was easy to feel as if someone was cheating, & to agree with their penalties. Because yeah some do cheat.

It all comes back to a similar lab. A similar tire company. A similar trend.
    And some of us are really paying the price for something we didn’t do.
    If you win enough races & get your tires sampled a lot, your time is coming too.

We gotta hold these places accountable & do a better job. I should get a second or third test from different labs. We need more up to date benchmarks! WoO should keep any tire in question for future appeals.
    I already know doing it yourself falls on deaf ears! Lie detector tests get overlooked.
    We should all know what is really going on here!!

Basically, to sum it all up, we hope to find a way to keep other races in the future safe from these allegations.
    Appreciate all my fans, sponsors, crew, family etc. We’ll bounce back.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Pretty light suspension. Other drivers got 1,000 point loss and 90 days. From previous years.

With all the wins from Bobby, Devin, Kyle...Why didn't one of those tires fail if they were altering them to win? something doesn't add up.

My guess is that don't test tires at every race and obviously it was random as the finishing positions the drivers finished. Maybe they need to test the winner or top 3 every race if they don't which I assume they don't. Some of the best has got caught so nothing new. Life goes on pierce your 2024 summer nationals champion

Two labs and two samples divided from the one collected should be a standard operating procedure.

I'm a CDL driver. If I get pulled for a random my collected sample gets divided and sent to two labs. The first one tests and the second keeps the reserve sample. If I come back "hot" on sample one and want to challenge it, then sample two is tested by a second unrelated lab. Then the results from the two independent labs can be compared and validated. I've been told in this example the first and second tests have always matched when challenged, at least in my part of the world.

In my area a small community is complaining about water quality. Our county had to spend money putting in test wells to assuage them. Water samples get pulled from those test wells and guess what? Each water sample gets divided into two and the sample is then tested by two independent and unrelated labs so the results can be compared. In this example, because it is a water sample, there might be a very slight difference in PPM counts but not statistically significant.

I'm not taking a side in this matter. I'm only saying that if a sanctioning body wants to do this the right way they would employ a secondary back up lab. That when samples are taken they are photo'ed, video'ed, witnessed and something similar to a chain of evidence procedure is undertaken. Any individual sample needs to be a large enough sample (which shouldn't need to be all that big) in order to be divided in two to be sent to two labs.

If two independent labs are getting results which return a favorable comparison, you should be good. If things come back with something beyond an expected standard deviation, you have an issue. Maybe an issue with a lab, maybe an issue with something else. But, if a primary lab is getting smack talked and blamed for not being legit, they would and should welcome a secondary lab backing up their results.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Kenny Wallace's take on the situation.

https://www.facebook.com/1220954130/...24879094741443
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

I will be ending my subscription to Dirt Vision for this year!!! What I don't get... Is their Out Laws. Let them all juice. The racing sanctions would save MONEY!!! Correct me if I am wrong, but I never seen where a Sprint car gets this same treatment on tires? In general it ( WOO ) is not really Out Laws!!!!! False advertising??

I could be wrong but I don't see Pierce bailing for the Summer Nationals. As competitive as he is, why race for 5gs a night with big money out there with the 3 touring series. Pick and choose outlaw type schedule makes more sense. He can have a very lucrative year without their points fund. I don't remember him needing too many provisionals last year.
    8/13/16

Maybe they did maybe they didnt, it certainly goes on at that level. I dont trust hoosier to provide a consistent benchmark ever, since they sold and ESPECIALLY post covid, their production quality has been horrendous

Ask Scott Autry about benchmarks…….Tire rule, lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't see Pierce bailing for the Summer Nationals. As competitive as he is, why race for 5gs a night with big money out there with the 3 touring series. Pick and choose outlaw type schedule makes more sense. He can have a very lucrative year without their points fund. I don't remember him needing too many provisionals last year.
    Good point..............