Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have no dog in this fight, but in the history of Dirt Late Model racing, I have never heard one driver admit to doing something wrong when caught for tires. " We did nothing wrong" "It was the lab's fault" "There must have been something on the racing surface" etc. Although a very unpopular decision, it had to be a very tough decision for the WRG and Brian Carter to suspend his 2023 champion. How many times have I read on this message board that both the WOOLMS and LOLMS looks the other way when it comes to their own. Pierce, Bronson and Moran will live to fight another day. Maybe as Herm stated in his video, this Sh*t has to stop and maybe this is the message to clean up the mess in DLM racing?.......

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Let them all juice.
    Some of the chemicals teams have been using are very bad for your health when breathing it in. It's a much as the series trying to protect crew members' health as much as it is cheating up tires.

OK,,,,Ole backspace is messed up....with all these posts being made about the 3 who got caught,,,when can the race again? Can they race in Lucas oil?
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Bending the rules, working in the gray area or cheating has been part of the game for a long long time and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Just a fact.

Race track drama is as old as I am.

No body ever admits they cheat. They can't politically or professionally or competitively regardless of the sport. There is too many people and too much money involved. If they were to admit it, they would be politically and professionally and competitively slandered and in all likely hood lose ANY chance of a come back for a VERY VERY LONG time, if ever.
    According to Brain Carter, 67 tires checked, 5 divisions, 3 failed, those 3 failed 3 times. He also hints the tires were chemically altered, meaning something IN them, not just ON them. He also hints at the labs know what it is.
    They can't release anymore than that because it would fuel the fire even more.

Yall really really think things are looked at and looked over, debated about and discussed and fret upon several times before a plan is made?
    I don't know what happened. I'll just say it seems cut and dry.

That's to funny, if they say what it is it would fuel the fire even more.

One question I have is can a driver run over something on the track in the pits and put a heat cycle on the tire and it be transferred into the tire compound therefore being detected? I'm in no way saying BP didn't cheat but, I do think it's kind of odd that they would feel to cheat now. Like Blncfn said after winning 34 races last year and not being found to have cheated why now but, it is racing and they're always trying to get an advantage.

hey , I had to take my licks when my man , the "O" show got caught a few years back and was bashed to no ends on here , Yall,s turn , and just like jimmy did , suck it up butter cup .....lol....

This too will pass. Just like all the other times. The big fiasco in 16’ with big name drivers just blew over.

Seems like the longer the post about how they were polishing their halos instead of juicing tires, the more guilty they end up looking.
    It’s always a flawed system, something in the pits, improper benchmark blah blah blah.

It had to have been serious for WoO to cancel their golden boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but in the history of Dirt Late Model racing, I have never heard one driver admit to doing something wrong when caught for tires. " We did nothing wrong" "It was the lab's fault" "There must have been something on the racing surface" etc. Although a very unpopular decision, it had to be a very tough decision for the WRG and Brian Carter to suspend his 2023 champion. How many times have I read on this message board that both the WOOLMS and LOLMS looks the other way when it comes to their own. Pierce, Bronson and Moran will live to fight another day. Maybe as Herm stated in his video, this Sh*t has to stop and maybe this is the message to clean up the mess in DLM racing?.......
    Reminds me of the "tainted supplements" argument every single time a fighter p1sses hot. Like the gym doesn't know what's in everything available so they can blame product A or B when they're guy fails a test.

So where can one go to read about the official finish of these races….I’m on the edge of my seat.

How exciting to find out the last lap rundown three weeks later…..current tire rule. Lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Well Bobby doesn't have a win with WoO or LOLM yet this season so you're not missing much.

He's a Soaker !!

Once a Soaker, always a Soaker !

LOL

Just say no...

1995 UMP Champion Tony Izzo Jr. on the tire infractions. He makes some very good valid points.

https://www.facebook.com/1069497373/...45419675163869
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    OK,,,,Ole backspace is messed up....with all these posts being made about the 3 who got caught,,,when can the race again? Can they race in Lucas oil?
    NO. Thay can't race Lucas either. Lucas Oil & WOO have a deal if there is a tire infraction in one series that suspension is for both series.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Does everyone really think WRG wants this headache? Do you think they really want to test tires? I bet if you took a poll, most teams are supportive of the testing. There is a margin of error in everything we do, tire testing is no different. The series can only say that it does not meet the benchmark (and we either have faith in the system or not), hate it for those involved but personally do not want to see the testing go away. There are other solutions but again, not sure they are any better than what we have.

Nothing wrong with trying to improve one's position and/or gain an advantage. But when there are rules for such matters, not following those rules is cheating. Get caught, suck it up and move on.

Not a huge Bobby fan but Blue Ridge has zero credibility. Until they can tell you what foreign substance is on the tire its useless and smears someone's career on a questionable test.

Wait a second? You tellin me Lucas Oil knows nothing about chemistry? Ha ha ha

Default Doped tars

I find it really hard to believe they cheated tires, is it worth the risk??way too much $$$ involved to take a chance of getting caught, moran and pierce surely dont need to do that to win, hard enuff to get sponsors to take that risk of loosing them, and when they announce they will be checking tires do you really think they are gona use doped tires??? not hardly