Default Flo losing races?

First the Comp Cams Series and now I see the Florence race this Saturday is being shown on a different site. Most of us can't afford to buy racing on 10 different sites which is why I love the Flo concept so much. As tracks rightfully want to be monetized for their broadcasting rights I think we will continue to see it go to the highest bidder.

I brought this subject up last week when FLO dropped my weekly track Bridgeport Speedway (NJ) for 2024. I used to love FLO when they would broadcast all types of dirt track racing from obscure tracks that I only read about. I think they have changed their model and we will probably only see a handful of National series in a few years. I can not say I blame them, but I do miss watching races from the "middle of no where" on a Wednesday night.

I miss the DoD of ten years ago when they had races from all sorts of tracks posted. I would get a coffee on Sunday and watch everything in the morning.

I know at my home track last year they would send guys who could barely get things up and running..if at all. At least once I think it was cancelled and another time the sound was all jacked up.

flo pulls whatever isnt bringing in new subscribers. once the well dries up its time to move on and keep things fresh i suppose is one way of looking at it...

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I brought this subject up last week when FLO dropped my weekly track Bridgeport Speedway (NJ) for 2024. I used to love FLO when they would broadcast all types of dirt track racing from obscure tracks that I only read about. I think they have changed their model and we will probably only see a handful of National series in a few years. I can not say I blame them, but I do miss watching races from the "middle of no where" on a Wednesday night.
    I would say its more like the track dropped Flo which is becoming more common place. Flo's model sucks for race tracks for weekly racing. The revenue share just isn't high enough. I might be in the minority here but I don't think weekly racing should be live streamed. Only the special races should be live. However I do think that the weekly programs should be available to watch the next day to help get a track exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    I would say its more like the track dropped Flo which is becoming more common place. Flo's model sucks for race tracks for weekly racing. The revenue share just isn't high enough. I might be in the minority here but I don't think weekly racing should be live streamed. Only the special races should be live. However I do think that the weekly programs should be available to watch the next day to help get a track exposure.
    I think you are spot on … The last couple years dirt on dirt has had extended interviews with Josh King from Florence Speedway and he stated the streaming changes everything for a track promoter and he wasn’t exactly sure how it was all going to play out … well I think we are starting to see

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I miss the DoD of ten years ago when they had races from all sorts of tracks posted. I would get a coffee on Sunday and watch everything in the morning.
    I used to do the same thing. I'd watch everything from the heats on up.

Flo did a questionnaire earlier in the year asking questions about what races you watched and whether you cared about different series or whether you were more a fan of the drivers. They have all the data there. I doubt a lot of people would cancel Flo if they cut Comp Cams or the Southern Nationals. It does suck that they are showing less Late Model stuff since it isn't always available on DoD anymore.

I'm also thinking they had to pay a lot more for the High Rollers series and that may have affected series coverage of Comp Cams etc.

DoD was better pre-flo

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    DoD was better pre-flo
    Just like Eldora was better pre-Pyro/Slack

DoD was better pre-flo
    Hands down their are times now when dod doesn't even have Somthing posted pertaining to their own race. Dod has become completely secondary and its sad because it was really good without flo

DoD was better pre-flo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Hands down their are times now when dod doesn't even have Somthing posted pertaining to their own race. Dod has become completely secondary and its sad because it was really good without flo
    Yes and yes
    DoD has dropped dramatically since the Flo merger.
    8/13/16

I think we are all in agreement,being said dod is still very handy and Mr. Kovac never ever disappoints with his articles…..if I were guessing flo is probably all consuming for time and DOD has had to take a back seat here. I don’t like it, but I totally get it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    It was the other way around at our local track. I believe the quote was "Flo pays pennies compared to the others" Our track has ended up with S2FTV. I wasn't going to buy another streaming service but my wife gave in. Couldn't get it to cast to the tv... We used to turn Flo on in the pits so we don't have to run back and forth to see what's going on but S2FTV doesn't even have an app, couldn't get it to work on anything but the computer or phone.

[QUOTE=Snake X3;2481610]I used to do the same thing. I'd watch everything from the heats on up.

Flo did a questionnaire earlier in the year asking questions about what races you watched and whether you cared about different series or whether you were more a fan of the drivers. They have all the data there. I doubt a lot of people would cancel Flo if they cut Comp Cams or the Southern Nationals. It does suck that they are showing less Late Model stuff since it isn't always available on DoD anymore.

I'm also thinking they had to pay a lot more for the High Rollers series and that may have affected series coverage of Comp Cams etc.[/QUOTE

]
    I enjoyed the Comp Cam series, but
    if they cut Southern Nationals, that would be the breakpoint for me. Just because of my location i would have to leave flo.

Just my opinion: we list Rigsby on a daily bases when DOD was purchased by Flo. His new job description has taken him away from daily activities with “ his baby” Dirt On Dirt- and it sux!

Yeah DirtonDirt isn’t what it once was but times change and I get it.

I'll agree that DOD is not what it once was, it is still the best source of information for dirt late models. I'm sure they are losing races because tracks and sanctions believe they can do it themselves and make more money. I, for one, won't participate in having multiple subscriptions to watch racing.

I agree with foxfire, but I still enjoy the he1l out of my dod subscription, I look forward to reading kovacs columns every week. And Kyle and Kevin still do a great job with there stories post race as well

Some insight from guys running a series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pA_h1MnSKQ