Default RIP "Barefoot" Bob McCready

The legendary modified Hall of Fame driver and father of Tim McCreadie has passed away. He had 29 Championships and 507 wins.
    Last edited by Raceready; 05-15-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Well that's sad news. I liked that fellow a lot, they used to show Mod races with him in New York. I think it was Syracuse that he won on a lot, A mile track I'm pretty sure.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

WOW didnt know he was sick. RIP BAREFOOT BOB. one of the best bb mod drivers in the northeast.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Well that's sad news. I liked that fellow a lot, they used to show Mod races with him in New York. I think it was Syracuse that he won on a lot, A mile track I'm pretty sure.
    He only won syr 1 time. They give him a hard time in tech every yr. He won championships at caniduagia, ransomville& Brewerton. He had alot of wins at these tracks.
    If you can find the paperback book on Bob it's a nice read.
    Barefoot is the book. It's out of production so you would have to find a pre-owned one. Very interesting.

He had an amazing career and statistics. Another legendary driver gone. RIP racer.

Hate hear about him passing and didn’t know he was even sick but hopefully this puts some the fire back in his boy

RIP Barefoot.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

RIP. I remember him coming up to Canada to race. I always thought he was called "Bearfoot".

RIP Bob. Condolences to T-mac. I got to see Barefoot Bob race a lot. The nickname made him recognizable from the first time I saw him run.

I was just a youngster when the old ABC weekly sports show Wild World of Sports was in its hey day ... I remember once a summer they had these odd looking race cars on and the focus was always on trying to beat Barefoot Bob McCreadie and I never forgot that name ... nice memory from my childhood for sure! My sincerest condolences to Tim and his family ... as he stated on Dirt on Dirt "I've lost my hero."

Quote Originally Posted by MIdlmfan View Post
    I was just a youngster when the old ABC weekly sports show Wild World of Sports was in its hey day ... I remember once a summer they had these odd looking race cars on and the focus was always on trying to beat Barefoot Bob McCreadie and I never forgot that name ... nice memory from my childhood for sure! My sincerest condolences to Tim and his family ... as he stated on Dirt on Dirt "I've lost my hero."
    I remember the same thing. Wild world of sports was my first exposure to racing other than my local dirt track. They even showed cut up nascar races!

RIP Barefoot Bob. Another racing legend from my childhood is gone.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    I remember the same thing. Wild world of sports was my first exposure to racing other than my local dirt track. They even showed cut up nascar races! RIP Barefoot Bob. Another racing legend from my childhood is gone.
    Yes exactly on the cup races if my memory serves me right they used to show us Daytona and Darlington and Chris Economaki from Speed Sport News was always announcing

Does anybody remember when barefoot had the automatic modified? It didn't last very long cuz it wasn't dependable. I think he drove it may b 1 season or something. He used to creep real slow on the restarts and everyone else had standards and he used to get them on restarts. If I'm not mistaken it was that ugly funky bodied car I think. He found out that idea didn't workout cuz tranny didn't hold up.

R.I.P. never got to watch him race live before

I don't think Bob ever completely recovered from a motorcycle accident he was in several years back that beat him up very badly. One of the very best in the real Modifieds and a cool guy that will long be remembered. Deepest sympathies to his family.