Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Langenfelder Punts Hunt The Front

Per a post on the Langenfelder Mechanical Contractors Facebook page last night: "As of today we are no longer affiliated with HTF I feel betrayed and I’ll leave it at that Karma" Something egregious must have happened for a guy who had bought them two Longhorns and both (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and Clements powerplants in the last year or so to cut them off so abruptly. A lot of mouths were fed in Milton, Florida due to having Mr. Mark Langenfelder as a such a gracious benefactor to HTF. Was something brewing for a while that caused their car chief Jordan to leave a few weeks ago? You have to wonder if he actually still owns some of the equipment and will be pulling up to their shop with a trailer up to take his stuff. This will certainly be an interesting soap opera to follow.

Kubota...?

Guess HTF isn't allowed to have new sponsors added?

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Guess HTF isn't allowed to have new sponsors added?
    Seems like he was pissed he was the last to find out. I honestly couldn't care less about HTF atm. I have zero idea what that team is doing and they direction they want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyy7777 View Post
    Seems like he was pissed he was the last to find out. I honestly couldn't care less about HTF atm. I have zero idea what that team is doing and they direction they want to take.
    Are you sponsoring them? I mean parts, tools, fuel, tires, anything? If not, they don't much care what you think. They are NOT a top level Lucas/Woo team. They are fully aware of that. Exactly why they pretty much concentrating on running their series. In a year or two, if don't pop out more rugrats, maybe they'll go back to racing more.

Maybe not. It's their business.

This may be a stupid question but what is HTF series. Or is it not pertain to these guys
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Are you sponsoring them? I mean parts, tools, fuel, tires, anything? If not, they don't much care what you think. They are NOT a top level Lucas/Woo team. They are fully aware of that. Exactly why they pretty much concentrating on running their series. In a year or two, if don't pop out more rugrats, maybe they'll go back to racing more.Maybe not. It's their business.
    Do they care what I think? No...never said they did. I get they aren't going to be a consistent national series winner. But man if you look at the trajectory of their program back a few years ago and compare to where they actually got...they have been severely disappointing. First the move to Longhorn, then going away from what worked engine wise, the whole Jordan thing, moving to a 28 special?! and then pissing off their biggest sponsor...I don't really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    This may be a stupid question but what is HTF series. Or is it not pertain to these guys
    Hunt The Front Super Dirt Series is Joshua & his lawyer wifes regional racing series. Just wasn't a reliable series in the South. Most of the Sat night races are $10-15K for winner.

While under the HTF business umbrella, it's separate from the Race team.

https://www.htfseries.com/

Do they care what I think? No...never said they did. I get they aren't going to be a consistent national series winner. But man if you look at the trajectory of their program back a few years ago and compare to where they actually got...they have been severely disappointing. First the move to Longhorn, then going away from what worked engine wise, the whole Jordan thing, moving to a 28 special?! and then pissing off their biggest sponsor...I don't really get it.
    Seems you must be following them pretty closely. Move to Longhorn was at Langenfelder insistence. As for motor, were they supposed to keep running the 20 year old Draime or the 15 y/o SB2? The one that threw a rod at Charlotte? They bought another "cheap" SB2, cause that's what they could afford. Then Langenfelder bought the Dic kens & Clements. All I ever saw was people screaming GET A CLEMENTS! NEED MORE HORSEPOWER! Well? That hasn't worked so great. Then they got all caught up in making huge changes every time car came to pits. Got lost.

Last few races, if it's fast at any point, leave it alone. They left the "Dale" with Randy Clarey last weekend to get it freshened and maybe a major update (crank & cam change). It's an odd ball 465. Think gonna get it back down in the 430 area?

As for Jordan...he didn't impress me all that much. Had to rebuild transmission every week. Calipers falling off. Maybe the new Jordan will be better?
    Last edited by KTMLew; 05-11-2024 at 09:30 PM.

As for the 28 Special...it's a crate car. Would you turn a free car down? They started to do this in 2020 or 2021. Pandemic screwed it all up. Dirtdaddy had it. Only raced at the sandbox I believe.

I watch their vids occasionally and had noticed they had not mentioned Langenfelder as of late even though it was still on the car but they did offer to sell me a T-shirt about 3 times a video

Hunt The Front Super Dirt Series is Joshua & his lawyer wifes regional racing series. Just wasn't a reliable series in the South. Most of the Sat night races are $10-15K for winner.

While under the HTF business umbrella, it's separate from the Race team.

https://www.htfseries.com/
    Ok thanks. They just had one here in nc and was wondering what it was about or affiliated.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Seems you must be following them pretty closely. Move to Longhorn was at Langenfelder insistence. As for motor, were they supposed to keep running the 20 year old Draime or the 15 y/o SB2? The one that threw a rod at Charlotte? They bought another "cheap" SB2, cause that's what they could afford. Then Langenfelder bought the Dic kens & Clements. All I ever saw was people screaming GET A CLEMENTS! NEED MORE HORSEPOWER! Well? That hasn't worked so great. Then they got all caught up in making huge changes every time car came to pits. Got lost.Last few races, if it's fast at any point, leave it alone. They left the "Dale" with Randy Clarey last weekend to get it freshened and maybe a major update (crank & cam change). It's an odd ball 465. Think gonna get it back down in the 430 area? As for Jordan...he didn't impress me all that much. Had to rebuild transmission every week. Calipers falling off. Maybe the new Jordan will be better?
    Firstly, as of the last 1/1.5 years I haven't really watched mutch of their videos, mainly just kept up with them on FB etc. Used to watch a lot of their stuff prior. I wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind the chassis/engine changes. IMO they should of stuck with the Capital. Do what works for YOU, not anyone else.Engine wise what I meant was that IMO they shouldn't of went HP chasing, not the best use of their resources. Again, wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind that. They seemed to do well with the Draime, not sure how good the SB2 stuff has been with them but I think they just need to stick with that and not worry about a Clements. And as for Jordan I also wasn't a fan. I think it was roughly when he came on board they started going backwards though I'm not 100% sure. What I meant with my comment was that he was just a waste of time. Hope that clarifies things. I'm not trying to hate. I'm criticising because I genuinely like those boys and want them to do well.

Firstly, as of the last 1/1.5 years I haven't really watched mutch of their videos, mainly just kept up with them on FB etc. Used to watch a lot of their stuff prior. I wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind the chassis/engine changes. IMO they should of stuck with the Capital. Do what works for YOU, not anyone else.Engine wise what I meant was that IMO they shouldn't of went HP chasing, not the best use of their resources. Again, wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind that. They seemed to do well with the Draime, not sure how good the SB2 stuff has been with them but I think they just need to stick with that and not worry about a Clements. And as for Jordan I also wasn't a fan. I think it was roughly when he came on board they started going backwards though I'm not 100% sure. What I meant with my comment was that he was just a waste of time. Hope that clarifies things. I'm not trying to hate. I'm criticising because I genuinely like those boys and want them to do well.
    Thanks for keeping it civil. The Clements will be handy at Eldora. Oddly enough I think the Dale SB2 has won most of the races in the LH. Were running it to keep laps off the Clements & Duckens.

So who actually legally owns the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and the Clements engines? It wouldn't be the first time a sponsor showed up at a race shop and repossessed equipment. Remember that Langenfelder is a businessman first.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Row Analyst View Post
    So who actually legally owns the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and the Clements engines? It wouldn't be the first time a sponsor showed up at a race shop and repossessed equipment. Remember that Langenfelder is a businessman first.
    None of us armchair team owners have any idea exactly how these sponsorships work. Does the sponsor call X business and place an order? Doubt it. My guess is Race Team Y calls company and gets price on widget. Sends sponsor the quote. Sponsor wires team that amount of money to teams account. Kinda doubt this level of sponsorship is a, "here's $250K to spend how you want" type of deal.

Also remember, Joshua's wife is their attorney. THIS is what she's done for years. Racing stuff.

From what I've seen/understood thru their videos, two engines & one car "belong" to Langenfelder...but lawyers do lawyer stuff.

The first LH was essentially a trade. Found option on LH so...sold fairly new Capital because Langenfelder wanted them in a LH plus the Capital stuff just wasn't getting better. The 2018/19 chassis seems better for them than the new ones they bought.

My guess is best case...Langenfelder just takes the L. Worst case, LAWYERS!

Overton did really well with a Clary SB2, when he needed an engine. Engines are way overrated, unless you don't have enough. And, the not having enough has really only became a thing as the aero has gotten stupid
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Overton did really well with a Clary SB2, when he needed an engine. Engines are way overrated, unless you don't have enough. And, the not having enough has really only became a thing as the aero has gotten stupid
    Their Current "Dale" SB2 IS one of Overton old engines. Randy wants them to let him update it and not just the usual refreshen. Joseph liked it way it was. We will see when they get it back. The drag race guys are building 630+ Cu.in. versions! How would you like to hook one of those up? Way over 1000 ft lb of torque? Need a 800lb 5th coil.

Pretty sure they sat on the pole at the world with the SB2. People think it takes a hog leg to be competitive at eldora, it doesn't. We actually did better with our standard bore engine than we did with the wide bore when we raced there. Dohm had some success with his standard bore engine as well there.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Pretty sure they sat on the pole at the world with the SB2. People think it takes a hog leg to be competitive at eldora, it doesn't. We actually did better with our standard bore engine than we did with the wide bore when we raced there. Dohm had some success with his standard bore engine as well there.
    Nope. The nearly 20 y/o Draime. In a Capital.