Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTF at TST

Another dirt late model race won off the front row. Same at Florence. Yawn.

Do you think they would ever do a experiment where 1st thru 10th started 11th thru 20 and 11th thru 20th started 1st thru 10th. Maybe a 50 lapper or higher. I'm just kidding but, something different at least.

At least here in USAC land they invert the top 6 in every race. You gotta race your way through the heats and feature. No fast time on the pole. Guess that's what makes the Dream and World enjoyable most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Do you think they would ever do a experiment where 1st thru 10th started 11th thru 20 and 11th thru 20th started 1st thru 10th. Maybe a 50 lapper or higher. I'm just kidding but, something different at least.
    I like the idea but the big dogs would probably boycott that format.
    I do think the 6 car invert would work. Give fast time a nice bonus check to deter sandbaggin.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I like the idea but the big dogs would probably boycott that format.
    I do think the 6 car invert would work. Give fast time a nice bonus check to deter sandbaggin.
    Great Idea by Dirt Clod with the added bonus by Highside Hustler for fast time. How about it Lucas or Woo you care to at least try it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Another dirt late model race won off the front row. Same at Florence. Yawn.
    The track was starting to streak at the end of the late model heats at Florence, especially in 3&4. The writing was already on the wall at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyy7777 View Post
    I think they need to seriously re-evaluate their program. And now they are going to a 28 special? Why?
    The 28 Special is gonna be a crate. My guess, pure speculation. the relationship with Capital soured when Clanton took over. The 28 Special will be a house car'ish deal. They started that process few years ago but pandemic killed it.

I think the HTF boys lack preparation and attention to the little details.seems like that have the most crew help they have ever had but the on track results have definitely not improved actually looks they have regressed with better cars and equipment. Obviously they are running against more quality competition now and competing on tracks that they lack experience at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbags2020 View Post
    I think the HTF boys lack preparation and attention to the little details.seems like that have the most crew help they have ever had but the on track results have definitely not improved actually looks they have regressed with better cars and equipment. Obviously they are running against more quality competition now and competing on tracks that they lack experience at.
    Agree. They have definitely regressed. Need a GOOD car chief. Jordan is a nice kid but can't believe those transmissions need "rebuilt" after every race. Waaaay too many things coming loose/falling off. Need to use some sort of marker on every single fastener. Some will say easy to criticize from my recliner. True enough. But I ain't wrong.

And dry between your toes!

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    HTF 27th (last) to 18th I think. Not horrible. Bloomer broke something.
    Maybe not horrible but borderline horrible … qualified bad and ran bad in the heat … they are great guys but at the end of the day they are local racers who hit it big on social media

Does Bloomquist have a crew chief ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyy7777 View Post
    Sucks for Bloomer, car was really starting to come on. Thought he did well all things considered.On another note, what has happened to the HTF boys? Havent kept up with them much but at one stage there they looked like they could be midfield contenders on a national scale. Looks they have dropped off or were they just never that good?
    they ran top 5 i believe last time they ran a late model with lucas at all tech lol i dont think theyre quite ready to sell out yet

I watch a lot of the HTF videos on youtube, saying that, I'm not personally a fan of them myself.
    I believe part of their problem is 1 you never see them testing, and 2 they spend all week every week pulling a motor out of one car to put in another and then the rest of the week pulling bodies off cars and putting them on another car.

Post HTF is Two Companies--A Racing Series and an Apparel Company

The racing series looks to be primarily promoted by Joshua and Liz and seems to be on the way up. The two of them are leveraging what they learned in previous jobs and appear to be building a viable late model series in the south. Their 2024 looks very promsing. The rest of them appear to now be running an apparel company that uses videos and racing/show cars to promote their brand. There is definitely crossover between the two with one promoting and doing work with the other, but to me as an outsider I view them as two different entities. The show cars haven't run so well on the track as they once did. Every one of the primary guys on that side had a kid last year. That and the added crew members have greatly increased the number of mouths that side of the business has to feed. This is likely why they are lapping out motors with the intention of not rebuilding them and saving their primary stuff for the two trips they'll make to Eldora. They’ll run their brother’s series and do well from time to time. For example, Joseph typically does well at All-Tech and I expect he’ll run well again there next month. 40-50k loyal viewers will still watch them rebuild transmissions and swap body panels and the core HTF Patreon followers will still support them. They’ll do ok, but they’ve peaked unless they drastically change something.

^^^^^Maybe there is hope for humanity. No drama or radical opinion expressed.

Well said my man. Agree 100%. Let them run their affairs as they see fit.