Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Gentleman you might as well get use to AI its not going anywhere soon. Now all you got that it's bias but it's all in how you ask the question. Isn't Fox's news bias, isn't CNN bias. You will have bias wherever you go. Aren't most of your post bias against mine? When you go and research a topic the information you gather can't that make you bias one way or another? So, you can be bias, but I can't? AI is being taught in grade school right now. My 10-year-old grandson has been using AI in a computer class in school.
    Let us understand the difference between bias and truth. It is not biased to state the truth, but A-I does not know the truth, it only knows what it is programmed to know.

No way I would want A-I to teach my children without knowing what it is teaching. The Department of Education needs to be abolished, because they will/are using A-I for a baised agenda. When you see colleges not even coming out of the locker room for National Anthems, then what does that tell you about that college?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Let us understand the difference between bias and truth. It is not biased to state the truth, but A-I does not know the truth, it only knows what it is programmed to know.

No way I would want A-I to teach my children without knowing what it is teaching. The Department of Education needs to be abolished, because they will/are using A-I for a baised agenda. When you see colleges not even coming out of the locker room for National Anthems, then what does that tell you about that college?
    Truth/Guys that pay for their jobs..... is an oxymoron!

Generated by AI

Unions play a crucial role in shaping not only the lives of their members but also the broader community. Let’s explore how they benefit both union and non-union workers:

Higher Wages and Benefits:
    Union members typically earn 10.2% more on average than non-union workers with comparable jobs and experience1.
    This wage premium is even higher for women and workers of color.
    When union density is high, non-union employers often raise their standards to compete, resulting in better pay and benefits for all workers2.
    Reduced Income Inequality:
    Unions help reduce wage inequality by raising wages more for low- and middle-wage workers than for higher-wage workers.
    They also set a pay standard that non-union employers tend to follow3.
    Health and Well-Being:
    States with higher union densities tend to have:
    Lower uninsured populations (those without health insurance).
    Expanded Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
    Paid sick leave and paid family and medical leave laws.
    These benefits extend beyond union members to non-union workers as well2.
    Democracy and Voting Rights:
    States with strong union presence have passed fewer restrictive voting laws compared to low-union-density states.
    Unions contribute to a healthier democratic environment by advocating for workers’ rights and participating in civic activities2.
    In summary, unions not only empower workers within their workplaces but also positively impact economic structures, social well-being, and democratic processes in the broader community.

https://tcf.org/content/report/how-u...r-the-economy/
    https://www.epi.org/publication/unions-and-well-being/
    https://www.epi.org/publication/briefingpapers_bp143/
    https://blog.dol.gov/2022/11/16/beyo...-their-members
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

https://www.epi.org/publication/unions-and-well-being/

But that’s not all unions do. Unions also have powerful effects on workers’ lives outside of work.

In this report, we document the correlation between higher levels of unionization in states and a range of economic, personal, and democratic well-being measures. In the same way unions give workers a voice at work, with a direct impact on wages and working conditions, the data suggest that unions also give workers a voice in shaping their communities. Where workers have this power, states have more equitable economic structures, social structures, and democracies.

Income and economic protections
    We find that, on average, the 17 U.S. states with the highest union densities:

have state minimum wages that are on average 19% higher than the national average and 40% higher than those in low-union-density states
    have median annual incomes $6,000 higher than the national average
    have higher-than-average unemployment insurance recipiency rates (that is, a higher share of those who are unemployed actually receive unemployment insurance)
    Health and personal well-being
    We find that the states with the highest union densities:

have an uninsured (without health insurance) population 4.5 percentage points lower, on average, than that of low-union-density states
    have all elected to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, protecting their residents from falling into the “coverage gap”
    are more likely to have passed paid sick leave laws and paid family and medical leave laws than states with lower union densities.

Unions, by and large, help make people’s lives better. If unions are about anything, they’re about creating broadly shared prosperity, about lifting pay for workers and reducing gaps between rich and poor, about making sure that jobs are safe, and about assuring that people have health coverage and enough for retirement and also have work-life balance that gives them time to be with their families. In these ways, unions very much work for the economy.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Zero why don't you tell them what I got for those union dues, like full retirement at the age of 50, free health insurance for the rest of my life, and the 3% cost of living adjustment every year. Why didn't you tell them you won't be getting none of that when you retire? But you didn't pay union dues!!

'Unnecessary' and 'Political': Why Unions Are Bad For America - https://www.theatlantic.com/business...merica/258405/

Zero why don't you tell them what I got for those union dues, like full retirement at the age of 50, free health insurance for the rest of my life, and the 3% cost of living adjustment every year. Why didn't you tell them you won't be getting none of that when you retire? But you didn't pay union dues!!
    But with the money he makes ( and more importantly keeps for himself) he can pay for all of that stuff and more if he isn’t a hack and has some work ethic….which he does.

And he doesn’t have to lick anyone’s boots….Let’s don’t forget that part either sir.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

ss your A-I copying and pasting could well be considered a total waste of time and space.

Could, is putting it nicely....

BBQ, So Zero can pay for all of the benefits with the money he makes himself. No different than me paying union dues. Nothing free. But with a bargaining agreement with hundreds of union members you will get better benefits.

generated via AI

Union workers tend to receive better benefits compared to their nonunion counterparts. Let’s explore the key differences:

Benefits:
    Union Workers: Many union members receive medical benefits, including health insurance. This coverage often extends to unmarried domestic partners, which might be less common in nonunion jobs. Additionally, union members often receive retirement benefits12.
    Nonunion Workers: In nonunion workplaces, employers determine the benefits provided to employees. While nonunion members may also receive insurance coverage and other benefits, they tend to receive fewer benefits compared to union members. Retirement plans may not be as common for nonunion employees1.
    Wages:
    Union Workers: On average, union workers’ wages are 11.2% higher than those of nonunion workers in the same industry and occupation with similar education and experience2.
    Nonunion Workers: Nonunion workers generally have less bargaining power when it comes to negotiating wages.
    Collective Bargaining:
    Union Workers: Unions negotiate aspects such as wages, benefits, hours, and other working conditions through collective bargaining. This process involves negotiating terms of employment as a group through a binding contract.
    Nonunion Workers: In nonunion jobs, employers hold most of the power and develop their own guidelines and work expectations, including hours, wages, and work schedules.
    Industries:
    Unionized jobs are common in certain industries, including:
    Public sectors (e.g., firefighters, police, military)
    Utilities (engineers, electricians, technicians, operators)
    Transportation (school bus drivers, pilots, train conductors)1.
    In summary, while both union and nonunion workers receive benefits, union workers often enjoy better benefits, collective bargaining power, and higher wages. However, the decision between union and nonunion employment depends on individual preferences and industry considerations.

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice...-non-union-job
    https://aflcio.org/formaunion/collective-voice
    https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2013/04/art2full.pdf
    https://www.epi.org/publication/why-...ety-and-wages/

You’ve been brainwashed brother, but ok…….we’re all alright.

do you really think those dues you paid are going to pay for all these things you described ???? , h3ll no , the rest of us are paying it when we buy the over priced products unionized companies produce ....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    do you really think those dues you paid are going to pay for all these things you described ???? , h3ll no , the rest of us are paying it when we buy the over priced products unionized companies produce ....
    Stop making sense FF……..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    You’ve been brainwashed brother, but ok…….we’re all alright.
    He’s a brainwashed lemming.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    'Unnecessary' and 'Political': Why Unions Are Bad For America - https://www.theatlantic.com/business...merica/258405/
    ss will surely give A-I a search and post it's twisted reality in defense of his precious unions. Again. To read that stuff and take it as truth or even valid, is a joke. lol

Pass out the "think for yourself" flags please.

It’s fun talking to all y’all….SS hammers trump in a stupid way, I do the same with unions….works pretty well I think?

Gentleman, keep working for peanuts the republican party loves voters like you. They have even gotten you to hate on everything. Keep hating it's the republican way!! Have a good day at work and I will enjoy another day of been Retired. Hopefully you gentleman will save enough peanuts and maybe someday you will be able to retire.

Someone gets to live the American dream and all you can do is hate about it. Sounds like a whole lot of jealousy to me. Work until you die the republican way. What party is it that wants to raise the age before you can draw social security? Republicans Work until you die that's the republican way.

We feed less fortunate and sponsor great causes because we want to, not because we have too……I’ll work for those peanuts until I die….no problem SS.

Enjoy making the day 100% about you and what you can get for yourself.

SS , your living in the past , have you even took a real good look at the dem party of today ????? it is exactly what you describe above , the moderate dems are gone with the exception of a few stragglers like Harold ford , I kinda took you as a moderate to begin with but I am afraid you have fallen victim to the far left liberal side which is the majority of todays dem party , so sad .......

First of all, I have worked all my life to get where I'm at. Nobody has given me anything. Things I have, I have earned by going to work every day. I have made a lot of good choices in my life. I have done jobs nobody else wanted to do. You are living your lives because of the choices you have made. You can live life the way you want to that's your choice but don't hate on other who made different choices and are living a good life.

Last edited by ss12; 04-09-2024 at 10:04 AM.

Spin it how you want to brother……but when you have to keep convincing yourself and others how nobody gave you anything, how you made all the correct decisions and how hard you worked in the union to get where you are.

You probably didn’t…..but nobody is judging.