Default Farmer City / Fairbury help please

Good chance I will be coming to Farmer City and Fairbury for Lucas races May 10,11. I have never been to either track. I noticed that Fairbury is always filmed on the back straight? Is that where I should sit. Where is the best place to sit at each track, places to eat? can you bring beer into track? lodging near tracks? I will be flying into Bloomington. I will also be flying standby so their is a chance I may not be able to get on flight, so I dont want to purchase a reserved seat. what rows are general admsission? thanks for the help

Definitely want to be on backstretch at FALS. I imagine that Lucas race probably comes close to selling out the backstretch so you might end up on front. There should be seating. Farmer City is one of the works tracks for view angles. Best view is probably up top of turn one bleachers but it is always full. We usually sit in the bleachers between grandstand and beer tent. You just cant see turn 4. FALS allows you to bring in a cup…no cans or bottles. FC does not allow you to carry in, but the parking is directly behind the bleachers so take that for what you will. Your best bet for lodging is probably Bloomington Normal, or maybe Pontiac. Plenty of options in BN.

can i get in early to put blanket down? thanks for info

Fairbury just go to website on Wednesday evening b4 you come an look to see what's not reserved. So far many seats still available. Also go to backstretch to look for a seat without a orange dot. Farmer city doesn't do reserved seating except woo race. You can get in early usually around 2-3pm at each place to put blanket down. If in bloomington we have several restaurants an very good local places if your looking for something specific PM me as I'm from this area. At farmer city hit up Dewey's its a few blocks away from track also has farmer city diner something like that both good places to eat.

Stay in Bloomington for hotels for sure. You can also rent a camper for Fairbury through Outdoorsy and have it setup if you prefer to be close to the track. I like Lost in Time and Diner 24 in Fairbury. Tons of food and hotel options in Bloomington. Definitely eat at Dewey's for FC.

I always recommend the Holiday Inn in LeRoy, just up I-74 from Farmer City. Clean, quiet, and typically not as much for a room as some of the other places. I'm also the "fan" that just buys a pit-pass and watches from wherever I can find a seat (which at Farmer City is the back straight away)...but as stated above, it can be tough to see all parts of the track there.

Fairbury has a Horse Track between the Race Track and grandstands on the front straight. That's why most prefer the back, and they're filmed on the back. You're a lot farther from the action on the front.

FC: There is a hotel right in town but probably sold out for that night by now. There isn't a good seat in the house I would suggest a pit pass to either sit in pit bleachers or just stand in pits on fence in turn 3. Bring your goggles. I have never seen anyone checking the stands for what you want to bring to drink just don't bring a huge cooler. You pay when you pull in and it's pretty much a free for all after that with parking and what not. They will always run out of food and you will probably be there late but it puts on great racing. FALS: You want to be on backstretch and as earlier was stated bring either a a fountain pop cup or stop at a gas station and get a big bubba mug. You can go back to your car and refill all night long. As far as food options I don't think either town really has a go to spot. Better well known food spots will be in Bloomington but the scenic route between tracks is more fun than the interstate IMO. Hope you have fun.

Like others have said, hit up Dewey's on your way to the track. Won't be disappointed.
    8/13/16