Default DL aint as good without Scottie

Dirt Late Model just isn’t the same without Bloomquist mixing it up at the track. He was so unique

Cool

^^^ Whats the matter ? Not enough drama for you now ? ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    ^^^ Whats the matter ? Not enough drama for you now ? ^^^
    It’s more exciting in the Cigar shaped flying saucer

He was unique alright! True drama queen.

He's supposed to be running the HTF tour.

Darrell Lanigan ain't the same without Scottie? Pippin? Too Hottie? Which one is it?

I remember setting with Scott at Brownstown one afternoon before the racing that night. He said he should win if nothing went wrong. And sure enough he won, I think it was the first ever $20,000 to win race at B-town. He never got paid the whole amount, we found out later on. That was the late eighties to around 1990.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

^^^ @Brownstown, Jackson 100, Was that the night it rained, and delayed the show a few hours. They called for all Race Cars to the Track to run it back in, Bloomquist wouldnt come out and roll it in.

The whole place was chanting for him to show, well he finnally did, and idled one lap really slow on the outter edge and then pulled back into the Pits. Well the place went wild, beer cans were flying...

It was around 86 or 87 i think, one of the funniest things i ever seen in SLM Racing.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    ^^^ @Brownstown, Jackson 100, Was that the night it rained, and delayed the show a few hours. They called for all Race Cars to the Track to run it back in, Bloomquist wouldnt come out and roll it in.The whole place was chanting for him to show, well he finnally did, and idled one lap really slow on the outter edge and then pulled back into the Pits. Well the place went wild, beer cans were flying...It was around 86 or 87 i think, one of the funniest things i ever seen in SLM Racing.
    He is so one of a kind

^^^ Anything for attention ! ^^^

^^^ @Brownstown, Jackson 100, Was that the night it rained, and delayed the show a few hours. They called for all Race Cars to the Track to run it back in, Bloomquist wouldnt come out and roll it in.

The whole place was chanting for him to show, well he finnally did, and idled one lap really slow on the outter edge and then pulled back into the Pits. Well the place went wild, beer cans were flying...

It was around 86 or 87 i think, one of the funniest things i ever seen in SLM Racing.
    Was that the year that a sponcer was said to have bailed out. And several drivers did not get paid as advertised?

Also in 2010 the Jackson paid $20,000 to win and Bloomquist won that race too.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 03-26-2024 at 01:50 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

It's true; he was absolutely unique.

first time I saw bloomer was at TST in the early 90,s , he had a big ole FORD sticker on the hood with a cornett sticker as well , it was a all cheby world at the time and all my buddies said there was no way a ford could win any more on the dirt , he lapped nearly the whole field that day , made this ole First On Race Day fellow mighty proud , like him or not , he was h3ll in his day ......

He had a 5 year deal with Ford. The components came from Jack Rouse/Ford Racing Development and were shipped to Cornett Racing Engines for final assembly in Somerset, Ky. Yes at that time -Ford powerplants we’re almost unheard of in SLM racing.

This winter moving my mother I came across old super 8 films. Found one from I-70, 1984- Bloomquist was pitted right beside us (never heard of him at the time and didn't remember him at all). The first I remember watching him race was at Farley, won and then DQ'd at the scales. I remember his crew raising hell and he told them to take the car back to the trailer. He then apologized to the promotor, said some weight must have come off and left. Always respected his racing ability, knowledge and determination. Could do without some of the drama he brings but can't deny it has worked well for him....

Back in the Ford Probe, Hav-A-Tampa days!!!
    That's around the time I started watching DLM racing.
    94 & 95, he was nearly unbeatable

First saw Scott in the end of the '70s-early '80s in southern California at some of our old dirt tracks, the short lived Corona Speedway which was a funky short 1/2 that had a series on Sunday nights. One week the Arizona cars came over, the next week the CA guys went to AZ. Bloomer was 17 or 18 and stood out even then and I thought that boy just might go somewhere. Side note; Forrest Lucas was an area truck driver back then and, obviously, did alright for himself too.

Scott also ran the South Bay 1/2, right on the Mexican border near Chula Vista. Place was usually dusty and in breaks in the racing you watched the illegals running across to the U.S. Never saw the border patrol ther and, frankly, not too many people gave a hoot back then. Times have sure changed.

Both joints have been gone for 40+ years and I miss those days.

hes only 200ish wins behind the G.O.A.T. Mr Smooth
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

He did the same thing at the 05 dream(I think.) The year they had all 144 cars on the track after a heavy rain came in after hot laps. I can remember feeling the anxiousness in the crowd as everybody waited for the 0 to appear one the front stretch pit lane. He finally came out, made one very slow lap on the bottom and pulled off. The crowd booed and carried on. It was cool to be apart of.