Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    BBQ
    Just my 2 cents but I agree 100%.
    FWIW: negativity on social media platforms is killing dirt racing- to easy for folks to sit in the recliner and bitch!
    Racing anywhere in March can be difficult- especially in Indinia. Hats off to the team at Brownstown and Lucas Oil for not canceling. WOO should take notes!

For once me and you agree on something with the negative social media b.s.

That was a pretty decent show. 2 Super Stock heats, 4 Late Model heats, 3 Pure Stock heats, 3 Late Model B-Mains, & 3 features all done before 10:00pm. Drivers for the most part where clean in all 3 divisions. The late model feature was great. 6 lead changes in the feature alone. Hats off to the Lucas Oil tour and the Brownstown Speedway track crew getting the show done in a timely manner with few on track accidents.

James is the best announcer in the business period.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Enjoyable show for March. Spent a few seasons in that neck of the woods and often froze your goolies off at the early spring shows and it was a good thing to start earlier. Good DLM field with pretty good race for the front and also enjoyed the Indiana Super Stocks although was a little disappointed in their car count. We were always ready when the season started but a lot of guys just never were.

Anyone know who's ride KRob was in last night? Thought I seen he was done. Glad to see him still in a ride.
    On the dlm negativity, this place can be bad but not near as bad as Facebook or some of the other social media platforms. I try to stick with Speedsport, DoD, Flo and a few others for info. Way less drama and bullsht.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Anyone know who's ride KRob was in last night? Thought I seen he was done. Glad to see him still in a ride.
    On the dlm negativity, this place can be bad but not near as bad as Facebook or some of the other social media platforms. I try to stick with Speedsport, DoD, Flo and a few others for info. Way less drama and bullsht.

K-Rob was in Zack Blackwoods car with a #93K
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Just conducted a psy-op. This place is 90% about drama & negativity. Same guys ripping on Rocket,LongHorn, T-Mac, Pierce, etc.

My carefully constructed complaints brought most the forum back together. I AM GENIUS!!!

Yep...it was all planned. You betcha!

foxfire2dirtracing
    HoosierDirtFan
    Highside Hustler25

The final demise of ½ mile asphalt Baer Field Speedway here in Ft Wayne was mostly caused by negative social media. It is also the reason the second to last promoter quit promoting races.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Just conducted a psy-op. This place is 90% about drama & negativity. Same guys ripping on Rocket,LongHorn, T-Mac, Pierce, etc. My carefully constructed complaints brought most the forum back together. I AM GENIUS!!!Yep...it was all planned. You betcha!
    Thank you ! ! It is worth noting that when you are this heavily involved with the posting the popularity seems to flourish as it does when the Blackie guy is allowed to be active. . .

I was in my car after the late model feature checkered at 8:30pm. Not sure how long the other two features took. First heat went off at 6:05pm. That's the way to run an early spring show. I hope the Farmer City track team was watching this show. Lord only knows what time their WoO show will get over.

How was winter this year in Indiana? The track was nowhere near the rutted up cornfield it can be at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    I was in my car after the late model feature checkered at 8:30pm. Not sure how long the other two features took. First heat went off at 6:05pm. That's the way to run an early spring show. I hope the Farmer City track team was watching this show. Lord only knows what time their WoO show will get over.
    WoO runs the show at Farmer City. Track just does what WoO wants.

If WoO of runs the show, they must run the show every week. FC has a reputation for running long strung-out shows. Let's hope they improve.

The winter in Indiana was mild, with not much snow or early spring soaking rains. You're right.....very few ruts or bumps. Was dusty in the early heats, but it eventually widened out. Adding water before the feature really helped. I've been to colder races. Kudos to Lucas and B-town for pulling this off.

That was a great race, esp considering the weather. Brownstown is one of my favorite tracks. Got a chuckle out of seeing Bob Pierce standing in for Bobby for the photos. Devin is a class act. He's not my favorite driver, but he's usually very respectful and seems like a good guy.

Does anyone know why Owens and Clay Harris didn't get provisionals? I only watched the feature, so I'm not sure if something happened to them in the Bs, but I assume they just declined to use them since they should have been high enough in the points to receive them.

They didn’t get provisionals because they didn’t sign up for the loyalty program. Don’t understand it on Owens part since he is supposedly running the Lucas tour?

Owen's had plans on running the full WoO tour but just changed his mind in the last little while to follow Lucas Oil

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Owen's had plans on running the full WoO tour but just changed his mind in the last little while to follow Lucas Oil
    And now I just read where Owen's is not sure what he is going to do since he didn't qualify for last night's feature.

That does seem odd that he didn't sign up for the loyalty program...especially since his team is supposed to have money. More understandable for Harris who wasn't supposed to be following prior to Speedweeks. I guess if Jimmy hasn't made up his mind on following the tour, that makes sense too, but I read somewhere that he was.

Thanks for the info guys.