Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good, original penalties were ridiculous.

So you appeal and get off free,,hhhhmmmmm
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    I do not remember, has Lucas ever DQ'd a driver for juiced tires?
    Yes, Jerry Rice and Terry Casey were busted a number of years ago at the North/South by a sniffer that Lucas used. Refreshingly. Terry Casey actually admitted his tires were doped. I believe the only penalty for the infractions was just a DQ for the event.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

All three drivers and crews have been placed on probation for the remainder of the season. Any subsequent violations will result in higher fines, increased points penalties, and suspension.

Pending payment of their fines, all three drivers and teams are eligible to compete in World Racing Group events.

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    So you appeal and get off free,,hhhhmmmmm
    I wouldn't call losing $10,000, 144 points and probation all year 'nothing'. What happens if you don't make weight? Heck, you can literally bolt on a tire that is not allowed and get less of a penalty.

So…. If we are back on tour, are we admitting guilt? Or would you fight the appeal ruling to clear your name? Tough decision if your living and reputation are on the line.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I would think if WoO lightened up on the penalties they might be admitting somethings not right otherwise why not stick to your guns? also i know Pierce had over 200 tire tests pass and now one tire...one tire fails a test...doesnt sound like someone who is doping his tires imo

Woo is on the backpedal expressway and they can’t find the off-ramp………Tire rule,lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I have not heard anyone say they are back on tour, but how do you propose they fight this? Really the only way to fight it would be to have a camera on your tires from the time they come off the Hoosier truck until they hit the track.

another question: if i am vehemently denying doping tires why am i not naming the tire supplier that i bought them from?

The only way to fight it is to prove the lab test is faulty. good luck with that.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    I would think if WoO lightened up on the penalties they might be admitting somethings not right otherwise why not stick to your guns? also i know Pierce had over 200 tire tests pass and now one tire...one tire fails a test...doesnt sound like someone who is doping his tires imo
    Just cause they take a sample does not mean every sample is sent in to get tested. It's a scare tactic to try to stop drivers from cheating up their tires because you never know when a sample will be sent in to get tested. Could you imagine the cost that a series would incur if every sample from every driver that a sample was taken from would cost.

^ $400 for each sample based on the recent fines.

Does anyone here think they would have backtracked on this decision if it was Brent Larson, Boom Briggs and Tony Jackson Jr. that were caught?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Does anyone here think they would have backtracked on this decision if it was Brent Larson, Boom Briggs and Tony Jackson Jr. that were caught?
    Exactly, what makes this look more suspicious is that Bobby's mommy Angie had 2 long rants on Facebook telling fans to contact WRG CEO Brian Carter to complain about the testing process, then removed them within a couple of days of posting them, Jeff Hoker threating WRG of pulling races that he sponsors from the WRG, Bobby saying that he won't follow the tour any longer. And now everything is all happy with everyone, WRG thinks they are saving face by having the so called committee uphold the findings but then reduce the penalties and Bobby's all happy and back on the full WoO tour.

I wonder how they would have dealt with it had it been Pierce, Madden and Sheppard instead of Bronson and Moran? Would they have suspended their top 3?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    Exactly, what makes this look more suspicious is that Bobby's mommy Angie had 2 long rants on Facebook telling fans to contact WRG CEO Brian Carter to complain about the testing process, then removed them within a couple of days of posting them, Jeff Hoker threating WRG of pulling races that he sponsors from the WRG, Bobby saying that he won't follow the tour any longer. And now everything is all happy with everyone, WRG thinks they are saving face by having the so called committee uphold the findings but then reduce the penalties and Bobby's all happy and back on the full WoO tour.
    Welcome to business 101! You act like Bobby was the only one getting his suspension lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Welcome to business 101! You act like Bobby was the only one getting his suspension lifted.
    Not acting, just going by facts. I didn't see Moran and Bronson or their families or sponsors attacking WRG and the WoO on social media making threats of not following the series or for fans to contact the series in support of Bobby and to attend events or lose sponsorship of events like Jeff Hoker did.

I knew Jeff Hoker sponsored a lot of racers but not to the extent of what I seen last night at Maquoketa. That guy is becoming the next Ed Petroff of dlms in the midwest.
    8/13/16

As hard as woo is trying to unsalt the soup, it ain’t working……the optics here suk, they know it…..and deserve every ounce of fan,sponsor and driver backlash.

Tire rule, lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I didn't see anything about happily back on the tour. There was supposed to be a revised schedule coming out. At least now he can run Farmer City. He'll be about 140 points behind BShep now, so it remains to be seen if he follows the whole tour. They don't seem to be in a hurry to update everyone.